Hey guys, great job so far, love the game! Thanks for giving the community a chance to decide how the game should develop in the future. However, there is one thing I'd like to mention: the small oxygen storage. SPOILER! As far as I know, you're only able to get oxygen by creating filters, running around in your base or vehicle, but as soon as you want to explore a cave to farm minerals like copper, you have to use the oxygen "lying around" or generate it throught filters and their time of usage and the number of filters you can hold at the same time is limited by  the number of slots that you're able to fill your backpack with. The actual solution is crafting more and more filters to survive in caves, but there isn't just enought material to live a long time.

My idea: There should be an option to upgrade you're charakters skills/his backpack, for example to run faster, jump higher or (and what's essentially) to craft better stuff. A list of possible upgrades could look like that:

Movement Skill: Upgrade 1: 10% faster movement; jump 15% higher; Upgrade 2: 15% and 25% ...

"Long Breath" Skill: You're able to hold more oxygen in your backpack at a time and filters are more stable. 

"That shocks" Skill: Batteries  can hold more power.

"More Space" Skill: Your backpack is now able to hold 10 [12;14] items at a time. 

There should be a menu or a device that you have to build to upgrade your skills. You also need specific minerals to upgrade specific skills e. g. 4 [6;8] Oxygen and a filter to upgrade your "Long Breathe" skill. There are many possibilities how this concept ´could be implemented, if  you guys have better ideas or corrections, I'd love to here them.

I only have played the game for about 5-6 hours and mybe there already is such an option and I just haven't seen it so far, but yet I haven't found a solution to solve the problem I explained earlier.

Cya soon ;)

Edited by Big_N

there's another forum for suggestions

however, there's already oxygen tank, battery for backpack, as well as temp boosts of power cells and filters. even without using any of them, I've regularly explored and stayed alive through mining oxygen and power nodes all around. 

Tethers will let you have oxygen far from you base when you link them together.  Oxygen supply is really a non issue.  As far as movement hold "shift" and you can run.

On 1/9/2017 at 0:46 PM, Big_N said:

My idea: There should be an option to upgrade you're charakters skills/his backpack, for example to run faster, jump higher or (and what's essentially) to craft better stuff. A list of possible upgrades could look like that:

Movement Skill: Upgrade 1: 10% faster movement; jump 15% higher; Upgrade 2: 15% and 25% ...

"Long Breath" Skill: You're able to hold more oxygen in your backpack at a time and filters are more stable. 

"More Space" Skill: Your backpack is now able to hold 10 [12;14] items at a time. 

There should be a menu or a device that you have to build to upgrade your skills. You also need specific minerals to upgrade specific skills e. g. 4 [6;8] Oxygen and a filter to upgrade your "Long Breathe" skill. There are many possibilities how this concept ´could be implemented, if  you guys have better ideas or corrections, I'd love to here them.

I only have played the game for about 5-6 hours and mybe there already is such an option and I just haven't seen it so far, but yet I haven't found a solution to solve the problem I explained earlier.

Cya soon ;)

Movement Skill: Implement this in the game naturally by allowing a certain run speed when backpack is empty, and slowing it when backpack is full. Also, researching a rover and truck so that you can use them instead increases your movement speed. Perhaps an increase in speed, if the player has filled all slots with oxygen - giving him a boost much like breathing at an oxygen bar, as he has much surplus.

Long Breath: This is already available in the game, using multiple components, that fit on your backpack in order for you to do so. Keep researching.

That Shocks: As above, as components can be discovered to improve your ability in these areas, at the cost of loss of room in the backpack.

More Space: I believe in keeping the backpack the exact same size, so that the player must ALWAYS trade off benefit vs storage. Giveth and taketh, risk vs reward. This creates interesting gameplay and decisions to be made.

Example: Do I have a 'power'-centric backpack for building a road, a 'oxygen'-centric backpack for faster exploring and range, etc.

The 'upgrading of skills' and progression in the game would be covered by research and discovery, and perhaps moving through different tiers/levels of items;

Example: Small solar panel, Medium Solar Panel, Large Solar Panel, Solar Array, Solar Laser Tower

Example: Small shield generator, portable shield generator, stationary shield generator

Edited by ent|ty
On 1/9/2017 at 0:46 PM, Big_N said:

[snip]

[snip]

+1
I really like the idea of improving ones skills in the game and giving you additional abilities. Great ideas!

Hello devs, I don't know if people here agree, but I miss someway of upgrading the backpack, maybe for a large amount of resources to increase the difficulty of doing it.

After spending some hours into the game I think that will be amazing to walk more freely in the game to collect new resources or just to explore, but I miss a better backpack, since sometimes it's hard to take the vehicles everywhere that you are going...

Thank you :)

Probably not what people immediately want to hear, but while I think the backpack should cap at 8 slots, I don't think it should start at it. Reading 10 or 12 slots, my first thought was "how about start at 4 or 6, and increase to 8." Start with a smaller energy supply, or smaller oxygen, and upgrade to what we have now. The tier 1 backpack should hold like half as much as the one we have now. Tier 2 backpack would have 75% and just one expansion. The tier 3 backpack, fully upgraded, would be the one with 8 slots, the full energy and oxygen tanks, and both expansions. When you consider expansions, backpacks do sort of already have 2 extra slots anyways just because you can fit solar panels and such directly into a slot on the backpack instead; it just doesn't function as well because it can't catch light the right way.