FixYourS#it

The save game system sucks. It needs to be changed.

Recommended Posts

This is ridiculous.  I screw something up so I go back to find my previous save and it isn't even there.  What the hell is going on here?  And the save game files don't give so much as a clue which playthrough they are, not what planet you're on or which astronaut you're using, just AUTOSAVE1.  This is ridiculous.  Saving and re-loading saves is bedrock basic gameplay, and it's a failure with this game.  Do it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, FixYourS#it said:

Saving and re-loading saves is bedrock basic gameplay, and it's a failure with this game.  Do it right.

Getting super mad at a game when it's still in pre-alpha testing phase. I understand it needs to be worked on, but there's no need to be upset, it's only game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, FixYourS#it said:

This is ridiculous.  I screw something up so I go back to find my previous save and it isn't even there.  What the hell is going on here?  And the save game files don't give so much as a clue which playthrough they are, not what planet you're on or which astronaut you're using, just AUTOSAVE1.  This is ridiculous.  Saving and re-loading saves is bedrock basic gameplay, and it's a failure with this game.  Do it right.

The save files do show you the date and time you were last on them and from what I can tell AUTOSAVE1 is the most recent file you played on.

Since I enjoy playing this preview game so much, I'm actually not that fussed about the save feature as I'm sure the developers will improve that some point in the future once the other bugs/glitches and lag issues have been sorted out first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) it's just a game dude, 

2) it's a game in the womb, it's still developing, 

3) dude, if you screw up, and it's so bad it can't be fixed, start a new game. 

Bonus) Saving and reloading, i don't even know how to begin, I prefer to live by my mistakes i guess, and love perma death games, this game isn't perma death

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly, people like that just need to be banned from posting... they need a few mods. 

 

Still trying to figure out how you can screw up in this game so badly that you have to roll back?! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DrWoo said:

Still trying to figure out how you can screw up in this game so badly that you have to roll back?! lol

Build a tower into the sky, create a platform, have you friend descend on said tower by destroying it, could still create a ramp mind... never mind ive no idea either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now