SES_Adam

"117" - January 9th, 2017

116 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, dvx said:

Also this patch did not improve the performance of the Xbox One version ... Frame rate much too low

Did you start a new game?

Hi ! 

Picking tethers up no longer works (shift-click). They never get added back to my backpack, they simply disappear :(.

PC steam 117.

I can move them around in the world, so now I just rearrange them, but it's not very convenient :) 

Other problem with 117 (didn't try that before) : I was able to create a crane after adding a seat to a rover (manually, seat found in the world), the crane was added to the rover, but it never "locked up" (lots of visual vibrations haha), and then it fell off.

Now I have a lying crane on the floor and I can't do anything about it.

Other problem, I then created a second empty rover, then added the crane to it, and it worked ! Only now I had a working crane that couldn't move from the base, and I couldn't create a driver rover to move it !!

So I had to create another pod to create the driver rover...

Don't know if it's on purpose, but it's frustrating. Maybe you could impose that a rover exists before we can build a crane/rover ?

Edited by Spaham

28 minutes ago, Spaham said:

Hi ! 

Picking tethers up no longer works (shift-click). They never get added back to my backpack, they simply disappear :(.

PC steam 117.

I can move them around in the world, so now I just rearrange them, but it's not very convenient :) 

Did you have the top left slot open/tethers already there? shift click auto puts it in that slot, if it's taken or not tether, the tethers will just disappear

11 minutes ago, Forgo said:

Did you have the top left slot open/tethers already there? shift click auto puts it in that slot, if it's taken or not tether, the tethers will just disappear

Probably wasn't empty. I'll check it out.

6 hours ago, NicoCaldo said:

This patch seems decrease the performance on pc

a lot of stutter now

Beauty of software development, fix one thing and others will pop out. 

In the latest build (0.2117.0) You cannot select the Tether (T on a PC) hot key while pressing the Move (W), sprint (shift-W) or babystep (Crtl-W) hot keys, before you could.

Example: You're walking/sprinting and placing tethers while moving, before this build you could continue moving uninterrupted, hit the hot key, continue moving and set down a tether. This aids in quick movement and laying down a line of tethers unimpeded. Now you have to stop moving, select T and then continue moving. If you hit T while moving, it plays a "flat" sound, indicating you've done something wrong. If you stop moving, you can again select T and a tether appears on the cursor.

Why it matters: Being able to place a tether while continuing to move is an efficiency issue and significantly slows down gameplay if you have to stop to select it. Besides using a keyboard, like many people, I use a multi-button programmable mouse. Whether on the keyboard or mouse button the Tether hot key no longer works unless you deselect the move hot key, stopping Astroneer. Although there are times when it's appropriate for one hot key to prevent/interrupt another, this isn't one of them.

Request: Please change it back so that the Tether hot key can be selected while Move hot keys (incl. combinations) are depressed.

I've also posted this in bugs:

Edited by travin

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and probably because Ive been playing 2.117 for 10 days now, but....

concerning this patch;

Whatever happened to "something, something, big ass spacewreck debris is awesome and keep an eye out"

also 'creative 2.0' tools suite and/or additions?

Sounds like a bitchy post, but I'm really just saying is there another patch to follow very soon, or should we expect that this is kinda gonna be the average rate of deployment?

Still sounds bitchy... sorry. Serious questions, and let me reiterate that this game is the bomb and I am more than happy with my purchase and to offer my support to keep this project going no matter what the timeline and I literally have zero expectations and high hopes.

30 minutes ago, Papa Smurf said:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and probably because Ive been playing 2.117 for 10 days now, but....

concerning this patch;

Whatever happened to "something, something, big ass spacewreck debris is awesome and keep an eye out"

also 'creative 2.0' tools suite and/or additions?

Sounds like a bitchy post, but I'm really just saying is there another patch to follow very soon, or should we expect that this is kinda gonna be the average rate of deployment?

Still sounds bitchy... sorry. Serious questions, and let me reiterate that this game is the bomb and I am more than happy with my purchase and to offer my support to keep this project going no matter what the timeline and I literally have zero expectations and high hopes.

Game development takes time, even if the bug is identified, it doesn't mean it can be patched right away. Each bug could be the result of either one quirk in thousands of lines of code, and that quirk could have ramifications in the thousands that needs to be adjusted or looked at to make sure it works. 

There was the Beta 116, I haven't personally played it, but from what I've read, you wouldn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole unless you know what you are getting into. 

Side note : Since Devs most likely read this thread once a while, please make sure you guys have multiple back ups, I was in an Alpha with another indie game, weeks before a major content release, that was in the working for about a year, their only back up on a computer was stolen from a break in. It was a huge set back, but thank god they pushed through it. 

Super impressed with this game in its current state. Can't wait to see all the new updates to come!

On 2017-01-12 at 4:06 AM, Isotonic said:

Did you start a new game?

Is that all it takes? I've been finding my frame rate ridiculous too, but I'd assumed it would work on old saves too

5 hours ago, Dash Ulrand said:

Is that all it takes? I've been finding my frame rate ridiculous too, but I'd assumed it would work on old saves too

Xbox One player here and that worked for me.  My saved game was still sluggish after the patch, but I have now advanced to about the same point in a new game and the lag has decreased substantially.  Hope it helps!

Hi, big fan of the game, got it yesterday for the Xbox one and played it until 3 in the morning, anyways I understand that the game is in pre Alpha but I was wondering if you can implement some sort of profile system like terraria eventually. For those who haven't played there is a screen with a few save spots and you creaky your character. With that character you can go into different worlds and keep your inventory. 

Could you guys do all of us a massive favour for the people like me who make lots of worlds could you make it so we could name them thanks if his gets through