SES_Adam

"117" - January 9th, 2017

day 3 of playing on xbox with the new patch and its very slow which makes me quite sad, but im sure you guys are cracking at it

1 hour ago, Crumpy said:

I've just applied the update on Xbox One loaded a saved game and it's pretty laggy.. is everyone's the same?

UPDATE: Lag is gone if you create new game looks like fps issues occurs in saved previous games which is a bummer.

Thank you for focusing on optimization first, and thank you for the hard work.

Love

Edited by Bilmo

On 1/9/2017 at 0:47 PM, SES_Adam said:

patch117.png

This patch focuses on bug fixes and stability for Xbox One Game Preview, Windows 10 Game Preview, and Steam Early Access as well as build version parity between platforms.

BUILD NUMBERS:

• Xbox & UWP: 0.2.10117.0. 
  • Steam: 0.2.117.0.

Xbox/UWP gets all fixes from Steam 111 and 115. Recapping (minus Steam only issues):

• Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
  • Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
  • Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
  • Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
  • Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
  • Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
  • Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
  • Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
  • Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
  • Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
  • Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
  • Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
  • Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.  
  • Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload. 
  • Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers. 
  • Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds. 
  • Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else

New in 117:

• Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
  • Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
  • Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
  • Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
  • Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).

it wont let me join my friend's game anymore

i used to be able to

...idk if this is because the update or if its just me tho

im on xbox one btw

Edited by nexus148suet
i forgot to mention the system i play on because i think it might be important

5 hours ago, PilotChan said:

prehaps uninstalling and reinstalling the game. be sure to put your files in a folder aswell. you can find your save folders in /APPDATA%/Astro/Saves i believe then copy paste into a new folder before reinstalling 

Thanks for the reply @PilotChan, but my question had already been answered on page 2.  However the answer was a bit incomplete, so to help out anyone who also missed it here is the post with the solution.

Concerning your statement about where to find my save folders, unfortunately that is not correct for everyone.  It depends on which platform you bought the game on (Windows Store / Xbox / Steam)... check out this thread.

Hello, I keep having some problems after loading the game, but if I close the game and reload the problem is fixed...

Some problems that I had until now:
1) Planet cracking with some gaps while I am moving... (3 times)
2) While I was in the caves some sort of curtain appeared, it looked like a wall but it was possible to go through it (1 time)
3) Fps still dropping after a couple hours playing.

Thank you for the great work until now! 

Damn, Still stuttery as fk and ultralow fps on my fairly progressed saves! still unplayable by me or my m9's, much sadness :(

Seems to have something to do with the amount we have spread out/built/tethered???

Hopefully someone can get this somewhat playable, my m8s and i have all been foaming at the mouth to play some more astroneers since christmas!

1 hour ago, Illuminunu said:

Damn, Still stuttery as fk and ultralow fps on my fairly progressed saves! still unplayable by me or my m9's, much sadness :(

Seems to have something to do with the amount we have spread out/built/tethered???

Hopefully someone can get this somewhat playable, my m8s and i have all been foaming at the mouth to play some more astroneers since christmas!

Try smaller bases and collect your tethers back when unused. I have no performance issues (hover 25~35 FPS running no dedicated graphics card) and playing hours on end. 

Unfortunately my trucks are still sinking into the ground. Three to date. One I luckily found in a cave fairly close to the surface, but I haven't been able to locate the other two yet. I wish there were a way to lock vehicles (and also those giant solar panels) in place.

On 1/9/2017 at 1:47 PM, SES_Adam said:

patch117.png

This patch focuses on bug fixes and stability for Xbox One Game Preview, Windows 10 Game Preview, and Steam Early Access as well as build version parity between platforms.

BUILD NUMBERS:

• Xbox & UWP: 0.2.10117.0. 
  • Steam: 0.2.117.0.

Xbox/UWP gets all fixes from Steam 111 and 115. Recapping (minus Steam only issues):

• Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
  • Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
  • Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
  • Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
  • Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
  • Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
  • Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
  • Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
  • Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
  • Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
  • Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
  • Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
  • Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.  
  • Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload. 
  • Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers. 
  • Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds. 
  • Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else

New in 117:

• Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
  • Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
  • Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
  • Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
  • Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).

This is great work! Thank you for being active on the forums. I'll keep searching for the next bugs.

Question:

is the VC++ 2015 issue in which people can not even start the game being worked on? Many, like myself, are not able to fix in their windows, meaning they can't even play the game. If this (not) an issue on the near horizon to be patched, I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Also this patch did not improve the performance of the Xbox One version ... Frame rate much too low

Awesome, answered a lot of my issues with this one.

With the Backpack it would be awesome if you guys could have those items stored in the side slots acknowledged by the tables. 

For instance, if I have 2 Aluminum on the back slots and 2 Aluminum on the side (I need 4 to build a Truck) yet the table will only recognize the 2 on the back slots forcing me to manually select each from the sides.

18 hours ago, Verified ✔ said:

I wish they didn't cut the fuel in half :(

Yeah, you can thank the people screaming "exploit!" for that change. Apparently it was offensive to some other players, that some people in a non-pvp game, were able to get resources in a manner that was deemed 'too easy'. Like, hey, stop telling people how to play their solo game, thanks.

What about disappearing of resources when another player join a game? Items and resources, even those on storage tables. All of them could disappear from their last positions and were able to find in very random spots underground in random caves. Yes, storage tables disappear too.
It's enough to invite any other player and I can (randomly = sometimes not, sometimes so) loose everything. Then I have to waste my time again to find out my stuff.
Till next co-op game.

Mess of everything 20170107192634_1.jpg