SES_Adam

"117" - January 9th, 2017

patch117.png

This patch focuses on bug fixes and stability for Xbox One Game Preview, Windows 10 Game Preview, and Steam Early Access as well as build version parity between platforms.

BUILD NUMBERS:

• Xbox & UWP: 0.2.10117.0. 
  • Steam: 0.2.117.0.

Xbox/UWP gets all fixes from Steam 111 and 115. Recapping (minus Steam only issues):

• Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
  • Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
  • Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
  • Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
  • Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
  • Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
  • Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
  • Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
  • Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
  • Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
  • Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
  • Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
  • Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.  
  • Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload. 
  • Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers. 
  • Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds. 
  • Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else

New in 117:

• Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
  • Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
  • Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
  • Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
  • Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).

Thanks for the update. Mostly what was expected.

If there's anything that needs to be tested specifically please let us know.

Fuel manufacturing is pretty tedious already; seems like these changes will increase the tedium.  We'll see though.  

Well. I've been playing this game for 12 hours, and yeah it sure had a lot of bugs :D And its cool to have them fixed, thank you. But when are you planning on adding "new" items for it? And do you have plans for it already you just need to program into it?

# After this update I tend to spawn under my truck instead of next to as I did before this patch. Anyone else who can validate this error to this patch?

# I noticed you have increased the recharge rate on research nodes and the ability to open the balls/cubes/spheres much faster. Nicely done!

#The trucks are much less complicated to drive now and it feels a lot easier to attach several trucks together. Thumbs up!

More discoveries will follow after a few hours sleep :P

Edited by Sathuros

Thank you developers for the update. It had to be hard work with the holidays and all in the mix. I really want this game to succeed. If pre-alpha is this good I can only imagine what you guys can bring to the table in the future.

Xbox:  Still so slow.  like i am running through molasses ( i have colonies on every planet )

after patch my trucks nose, on several planets, is stuck underground and then stutters until you are also stuck half underground or truck falls underground.

...... but, would love to just move freely without starting another world.

2 minutes ago, NjalStorm said:

Xbox:  Still so slow.  like i am running through molasses ( i have colonies on every planet )

after patch my trucks nose, on several planets, is stuck underground and then stutters until you are also stuck half underground or truck falls underground.

...... but, would love to just move freely without starting another world.

You should get used to the idea of having to start a new save each patch roll-out. The joy of Early Access.

There are still more optimizations to be done. I really don't imagine people thought that this patch would resolve performance issues once and for good. 9_9

pls add a button to turn on/off those filter  T_T wrong place but lol i can't remove it now

allway good to see new uptade though keep up the work

Edited by buder5

Thank you for the update being pushed to live branch. It confirms my suspicions that those of us on steam can get a head-start on the patches through experimental branch. Cool.

3 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Thank you for the update being pushed to live branch. It confirms my suspicions that those of us on steam can get a head-start on the patches through experimental branch. Cool.

That's true, we will have some head time on patches but keep in mind that experimental branch will probably be more unstable when new content is added. In this case performance was increased because they we're addressing this performance issues directly. It's not out of the question that future experimental patches will perform worse than the stable versions, at least until the builds are ready for push to stable.

So it's both a good thing and a bad thing. (bad thing only for the people that don't understand Early Access and what it implies - for everyone else, consider it a sneak peek)

Concerning those of us who bought the game from the Windows Store (NOT STEAM, NOT XBOX)...

I fully understand the Windows version & the Xbox version are tied together.  And that the same update (0.2.10117.0.) applies to both platforms.

To actually get the update on PC (non-Steam PC), all we should have to do is start the game, correct?  The update should be installed automatically, correct?  Is there some other method to install the update for PC players who don't use Steam?

Because after starting my game, it still shows:  Pre Alpha Build - 0.2.10109.0