2 hours ago, travin said:

Comedic relief?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 hours ago, nordish said:

Does immersion need to go that far, that hunger is necessary, but sleeping and pooping not?

Why not? IMO Sleeping is good idea. Like I said before:

Playable dream during sleep.

Watching how the player asleep would be boring as hell but imagine that you can do some crazy things during sleep. Imagine the colorful planet with completely unrealistic physics etc.. Even scary nightmare can be great idea in which you trying to escape from giant worm.

15 hours ago, August Bebel said:

Oh, and make oxygen for the base limited too, but let it generate by itself very slowly, maybe twice faster than energy generated by  it's own at your backpack. But if you have storage and it have oxygen inside, backpack would be filled in a second. This would make collecting oxygen vialble and needed.

They made it a clear concept that the base and vehicles have their own oxygen generator hence the non limited oxygen. Limited oxygen would make the game difficult.

10 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Why not? IMO Sleeping is good idea. Like I said before:

Sleeping doesn't seem like a viable thing that they might add. Sleeping,eating,oxygen, and power are too many survival aspects to juggle. It is also a nearly fantasized idea with all the dreams and stuff. Remember this is an exploration game and sleeping wouldn't really accomplish much, instead I would suggest some energy replenishing consumables(Such as the currently existing power cells). Sleep would also skip one of the best parts of the games which is the night time of low power forcing the player to develop energy generation other then solar panels. Final opinion is to leave sleep out and add more ways of energy restoration and the dream phase could be replaced by just visiting a bizarre planet. Although cool, it just doesn't fit with the game. 

5 hours ago, Baby Panda Jr, said:

They made it a clear concept that the base and vehicles have their own oxygen generator hence the non limited oxygen. Limited oxygen would make the game difficult.

Do mind that (optional) higher difficult settings are planned!

On 1/13/2017 at 5:20 AM, nordish said:

I just can't understand why nobody is answering the questions I raise (what does hunger has to do with Astroneer and the description for example or why is hunger the only possible and for you logical thing to justify farming mechanics or why hunger is increasing immersion, but sleeping, pooping, etc. is never commented?), but instead fabricating assumptions, etc..

PS: I'm out of this discussion now until we can try to discuss and not just insult.

That's the norm. Many just state and repeat their position but do not support them with any reasoning, examples or thought. They also respond before reading the thread in it's entirety, or respond to one key phrase in a response that is irrelevant to the conversation.

This is why I had to leave this convo as well, because they're going to do this for the next 2 years until release.

Do as I did, and just post your thoughts and specific suggestions in the suggestion forum instead. Then it's specifically for the devs, and you don't need to discuss your views, validate or even do any of this 'debating' about it.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:18 PM, MoonManKelvin said:

the great thing about Astroneer right now is at any given moment I can give myself a task and set out to do it. Rather then the game telling me to go do it.

My thought exactly.

On 1/8/2017 at 6:18 PM, MoonManKelvin said:

I can see why hunger would make sense and fit to a game like this, but wouldn't this make the a game a complete chore as this point? why would forcefully mining or crafting food feel like anything but a chore, the great thing  about Astroneer right now is at any given moment I can give myself a task and set out to do it. Rather then the game telling me to go do it. Just my thought.

OMG EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING +1

Hunger seems like a bad idea, it would just add on to the things you need to survive. How can you manage, food, oxygen, and power at the same time. Maybe food could be a power source.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, Frigidman said:

insult blah, blah, blah, fuck you I want hunger.

If we get food in this game with game modes there would be prable  that's all I meant. And did you know you could change these^? just a little joke don't take it seriously.

OOOH WHAT IF IT WASNT FOOD AND IT WAS JUST BUFFS LIKE SPEED OR SOMETHING?!

WATCH ME ON TWITCH does begging help? no it just makes me look bad. FoxTrot_42

On 1/13/2017 at 6:56 PM, Baby Panda Jr, said:

Remember this is an exploration game and sleeping wouldn't really accomplish much...

More importantly, exploration fantasy game. It's not intended to be hyper-realistic. At least as it's currently conceived, sleep is already built into the game, yours.