-2 NEW THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE GAME!

1.Uranium

-Reason : More To The Game , "Fuel" , Reason To Visit Radiated Planet .

-Information : Found Only On Radiated Planet , Found Only Deep Underground , Extremly Rare (For Its Use On Nuclear Reactor , Avarage 1 Per A Meteor ) .Looks Like Rasin Only Green (Reason : * Green Is Cool :3 *) , Used For "Fueling" Nuclear Reactor , When Collected Looks Like Hydrozine only Green (Reason : Who Doesnt Like Mysterious Green Goop? ) .

-Request : Gives Alot In Exhange For Its rarity

2.Nuclear Reactor

-Reason : More To The Game , Pemanent Power , Other Players Would Like This , Replacing Bug-ish The Satelite/Solar Panel (Cus It Takes Too Much Space , Doesnt Look Good , Bugs and Blocks Half Of My Base And Sometimes Truck ) , I Want It , So Much . 

-Information : Requiers 4 Titanium To Be Constructed , Can Produce Alot Of Energy , " Fueled " By Uranium , Has 4 Slots For Uranium , Generates 1 Power Every Second For Each Uranium Stack On It , Has No Storage Slots On It ( Only For Uranium ) , Cant Be Extended To Build From .

MY UGLY DRAWING OF HOW I IMAGINE IT!

U,NR,UO.png

I love this idea. However, I believe it shouldn't come without risks. Creating a nuclear reactor will take a lot of work and ingenuity to acquire and build, and so it should increase the level of difficulty of the game, and provide more realism, by increasing the risk of catastrophe.

Maybe sandstorm and other hit damage is accumulative and repeated direct hits over a period of time could cause a random level of damage, up to and including a full meltdown and the need to abandon that location. As parts of the planet naturally have more storms and physical hazards, so do they have increased risks.

1 hour ago, HunBroader said:
1 hour ago, HunBroader said:

I like the idea, but would make it only work if they add in "WATER" to cool the reactor down.

I would adore to see water in the game , but it wouldnt work out at all , for example a) slow down your game b) destroy your under ground cave base , just cus you dug out a lake by mining for resources d) make it undrivable ( kill the point for driving) e) kill you....

*Imagine collecting water as a resource with a hose from your truck  connected to your giant water tank in the back*

1 hour ago, Draks said:

I would adore to see water in the game , but it wouldnt work out at all , for example a) slow down your game b) destroy your under ground cave base , just cus you dug out a lake by mining for resources d) make it undrivable ( kill the point for driving) e) kill you....

*Imagine collecting water as a resource with a hose from your truck  connected to your giant water tank in the back*

Then we'll need water pumps and a way to track waterflow to plug the source of a leak. I think it's a realistic consideration, especially if seasonal or storm runoff is a source of flooding. Not to mention, yet another interesting way to die.

Lol, i'm not the Only one who Draws on Paper here. :D

also, Fan of Nuclear Power here.

you can't just Throw Uranium in a Chamber and get Power of it. i would Suggest making the Process to Refine the Fuel a bit Harder.

sadly i got no Time now, so i'll post what i had in Mind Later.

7 hours ago, Proxy said:

Lol, i'm not the Only one who Draws on Paper here. :D

also, Fan of Nuclear Power here.

you can't just Throw Uranium in a Chamber and get Power of it. i would Suggest making the Process to Refine the Fuel a bit Harder.

sadly i got no Time now, so i'll post what i had in Mind Later.

This Game Isnt That Realistic And It Shouldnt Be , First Of All I Wouldnt Make Uranium A Liquid , Its Solid , Second If I Were To Add All The Procceses The Game Would Be Called Refine 1 Uranium .

7 hours ago, travin said:

Then we'll need water pumps and a way to track waterflow to plug the source of a leak. I think it's a realistic consideration, especially if seasonal or storm runoff is a source of flooding. Not to mention, yet another interesting way to die.

7 hours ago, travin said:

Think About It A Bit More And Suggest Your Idea Of It , Cus Honestly Water Is Awesome Even For Scenery.But I Do Think Its Too Much Work For 1 Game.

2 hours ago, Draks said:

This Game Isnt That Realistic And It Shouldnt Be , First Of All I Wouldnt Make Uranium A Liquid , Its Solid , Second If I Were To Add All The Procceses The Game Would Be Called Refine 1 Uranium .

I never said it was Liquid... when did i say that?

also it would be Horrible to Destroy such a Great Power Source with Simplicity. but on the Other Hand, BR kinda Destroyed it too, and it Still works kinda good.

Now for a Fully Working Reactor it would need 3 Things. a Reactor Chamber, a Steam Turbine (with Generator build in) and a Sourcee of Water/way to Store it.

Now Astroneer has No water, so i Suggest Minable Ice Crystals that Spawn Depending on the Planet's Temperature. That plus a Tank Module to Store Liquid. Which is not Only useful for Water, but Hydrazine too. :D

The Chamber would be Simple, a Module that Hold Fuel Rods, Water and Steam. New Uranium Fuel Rods in and Depleted Rods out. Water in, Steam Out.

The Steam Turbine is Self-Explaining. Gets Steam and Turns it into Water again, Producing Power during the Process. (should have a Lose Rate, so that you can't use the Same Water forever).

And now, the thing i ALWAYS Suggest when it comes to Nuclear Reactors... RTGs. a RTG would use a Depleted Fuel Rod. and would basically make Infinite* Power, Very Low Power. but Infinite*. (like 1/2 the Producing of a 1S Solar Panel.)

Something like Reactors would Require something to Either use so Much Energy, or Store it. Normal 2S Batteries don't hold that much...

Ah, Man. i Freaking Love Nuclear Science!

*RL Time Depens on the Amount and Type of RTG Fuel.

27 minutes ago, Proxy said:

I never said it was Liquid... when did i say that?

also it would be Horrible to Destroy such a Great Power Source with Simplicity. but on the Other Hand, BR kinda Destroyed it too, and it Still works kinda good.

Now for a Fully Working Reactor it would need 3 Things. a Reactor Chamber, a Steam Turbine (with Generator build in) and a Sourcee of Water/way to Store it.

Now Astroneer has No water, so i Suggest Minable Ice Crystals that Spawn Depending on the Planet's Temperature. That plus a Tank Module to Store Liquid. Which is not Only useful for Water, but Hydrazine too. :D

The Chamber would be Simple, a Module that Hold Fuel Rods, Water and Steam. New Uranium Fuel Rods in and Depleted Rods out. Water in, Steam Out.

The Steam Turbine is Self-Explaining. Gets Steam and Turns it into Water again, Producing Power during the Process. (should have a Lose Rate, so that you can't use the Same Water forever).

And now, the thing i ALWAYS Suggest when it comes to Nuclear Reactors... RTGs. a RTG would use a Depleted Fuel Rod. and would basically make Infinite* Power, Very Low Power. but Infinite*. (like 1/2 the Producing of a 1S Solar Panel.)

Something like Reactors would Require something to Either use so Much Energy, or Store it. Normal 2S Batteries don't hold that much...

Ah, Man. i Freaking Love Nuclear Science!

*RL Time Depens on the Amount and Type of RTG Fuel.

I Said It Is A Liquid , Cus It Is A Game , A Simplistic Kind Of Game And I Wouldnt Want To Complicate It , Altho Making It From Few Parts Would Be A Fair Exhange For Unlimited Power , If It Was A 3D Printed Veichle I Would Suggest That It Requiers Few Parts To Make , But It Is A Building And Wouldnt Work. Thanks For The Comment , Criticism Is My Only Way Of Making Better Ideas :).

The

12 minutes ago, Sathuros said:

Adding water as cooling system to a nuclear reactor in space were it's absolute zero? xD

The Temperature Of The Planets Isnt Stated I Think. Adding Ice As A Common Material Wouldnt Be Hard Tho , And It Would Melt In The Proccess Of Colling The Nuclear Reactor . So Adding It Isnt Immposible , But Adding So Much New Materials In Game Just For The Sake Of One Building Is Pointless. Thanks For The Comment.

37 minutes ago, Sathuros said:

Adding water as cooling system to a nuclear reactor in space were it's absolute zero? xD

wait WTF. you think Space has a temperatur of -273.6C (0K)?

that is Physically Impossible.

41 minutes ago, Draks said:

I Said It Is A Liquid , Cus It Is A Game , A Simplistic Kind Of Game And I Wouldnt Want To Complicate It , Altho Making It From Few Parts Would Be A Fair Exhange For Unlimited Power , If It Was A 3D Printed Veichle I Would Suggest That It Requiers Few Parts To Make , But It Is A Building And Wouldnt Work. Thanks For The Comment , Criticism Is My Only Way Of Making Better Ideas :).

if it were a Thorium Reactor the Liquid Fuel would make Sense...

and i Still think Ice, Tank Modules to Hold Liquids, and RTGs would be Cool. even Tho Real Oceans would also be Quite Amazing to Look at. but the Planets are to Small for that...

whatever floats your Goat Buddy. I'm just a Person of nearly Pure Logic, Physics, Complexicity and Automation.

also, Fun Fact: Uranium is Dark Gray, not Green. i have No Idea why People Think Radioactive Stuff is Green.

4 minutes ago, Proxy said:

also, Fun Fact: Uranium is Dark Gray, not Green. i have No Idea why People Think Radioactive Stuff is Green.

Exactly Why I Said It Was Green , Before I Wrote This I Googled Uranium And I Saw Few Pictures , I Know What Color It Is, And Just The Reason Why I Made It Green Cus Most People Will Think Radioactive Is That Color , It Would Make More Sense To Them , And The Other Reason Cus Green Liquid Looks Cool. Its Not The Point To Simulate Real Life There , The Point Is To Make The Game More Enjoyable . You Fist Comment Was Helpful .

17 minutes ago, Proxy said:

wait WTF. you think Space has a temperatur of -273.6C (0K)?

that is Physically Impossible.

Why? There is no isolation in space and no oxygen-molecules were the sunlight can hit and warm up.
If you look up the cosmic background radiation you will se it measures -270 degrees celsius (-455 degress Fahrenheit) which is proved to be the temperature in space.

D

4 minutes ago, Sathuros said:

Why? There is no isolation in space and no oxygen-molecules were the sunlight can hit and warm up.
If you look up the cosmic background radiation you will se it measures -270 degrees celsius (-455 degress Fahrenheit) which is proved to be the temperature in space.

DONT ARUGE ON MY POST! xD :')  

17 hours ago, travin said:

up to and including a full meltdown and the need to abandon that location

If there was a meltdown so you had to leave you base, then how would you make another one? What if a player panicked and left everything behind, would they have to start over because there is no way to leave planet unless you have your rocket from your base?

While a reactor could come with increased risks, it cannot leave your base inaccessible to the point where you could never use it. I think it would make sense for it to blow up parts of your base, which could be rebuilt, and/or it might leave radiation on the ground which would hurt to pick up.

2 hours ago, Chris Davis said:

If there was a meltdown so you had to leave you base, then how would you make another one? What if a player panicked and left everything behind, would they have to start over because there is no way to leave planet unless you have your rocket from your base?

While a reactor could come with increased risks, it cannot leave your base inaccessible to the point where you could never use it. I think it would make sense for it to blow up parts of your base, which could be rebuilt, and/or it might leave radiation on the ground which would hurt to pick up.

First Of All This Is A Game And A Melt Down Wont Be Added .Second This Game Takes Part In The Future Where You Have The Technology Of Playing With Mountains Like Play Doh , Making Trucks Out Of Compound... So Techonology That Wouldnt Need To Worry About Meltdowns. It Isnt Neccecary Or Needed . Third This Game Wasnt Made To Be Realistic , You Research New Technology From Green Balls That Groe On Trees , And Some Weird Underground Cubes , You Can get Oxigen Crystals From The Ground... .Adding It Wouldnt Help At All , Nuclear Reactor Was Suposed To Be A Replacment For The Big Satelite Cus It Buged And Wasnt Stable , Adding Melt Down Would Make It Worse Than The Satelite / Giant Solar Panel .

11 hours ago, Sathuros said:

-270C is ~3K not 0K. (also, noone freaking uses Fahrenheit xD)

No matter how Empty Space is, there is Always Energy in it that Moves.

7 hours ago, Draks said:

First Of All This Is A Game And A Melt Down Wont Be Added .Second This Game Takes Part In The Future Where You Have The Technology Of Playing With Mountains Like Play Doh , Making Trucks Out Of Compound... So Techonology That Wouldnt Need To Worry About Meltdowns. It Isnt Neccecary Or Needed . Third This Game Wasnt Made To Be Realistic , You Research New Technology From Green Balls That Groe On Trees , And Some Weird Underground Cubes , You Can get Oxigen Crystals From The Ground... .Adding It Wouldnt Help At All , Nuclear Reactor Was Suposed To Be A Replacment For The Big Satelite Cus It Buged And Wasnt Stable , Adding Melt Down Would Make It Worse Than The Satelite / Giant Solar Panel .

as said, Thorium Reactors, even in RL they CAN'T have a Meltdown, ever.

but the Switch to Thorium is to Expensive  for Countries. so they Stick with those Horrible Inefficent Light-Water Reactors. D:

Edited by Proxy

um, isn't astronium the like... radioactive looking resource in this game? I bet it's meant to be used for some kind of reactor. I mean, it's mainly at the center of planets. Wouldn't you expect that because it's so hard to get, it would be used for something that requires an expensive resource? Guys think a little bit and play the game some more before you start giving ideas.. same goes for me. if astronium has a future purpose that you know for sure, please inform me.

wait, was Astronium a mistake? are they gonna remove?

Edited by kidlel95

10 hours ago, kidlel95 said:

um, isn't astronium the like... radioactive looking resource in this game? I bet it's meant to be used for some kind of reactor. I mean, it's mainly at the center of planets. Wouldn't you expect that because it's so hard to get, it would be used for something that requires an expensive resource? Guys think a little bit and play the game some more before you start giving ideas.. same goes for me. if astronium has a future purpose that you know for sure, please inform me.

wait, was Astronium a mistake? are they gonna remove?

Astronuim gave me that idea , it isnt rare but it is Green found deep under ground or on radioactive planet , however i do not think that it will be added for a reactor , cus that ore is named by the game and or oposite , so a simple reactor to the game wont be the main point of it , from what i saw its gonna be some sort of a scoring for astroneer . And i did think about it before i wrote it down,

10 hours ago, piespace said:

You guys went there..... You never go full realism...... :o

Thank you , thats what i was trying to explain , its a game not real life , making few thing a bit diffrent for fun isnt a sin.