So, I was thinking, these storms are pretty annoying, but I can manage against them, but like why not make the storms also blow away your stuff on the ground? Like, you have Titanium on the floor instead of building a storage to hold more things, then it should be blown away when a storm comes, lol. I think that would make the game a little more fun and careful, and more grateful when you get lithium or titanium.

17 minutes ago, Lo Hye said:

So, I was thinking, these storms are pretty annoying, but I can manage against them, but like why not make the storms also blow away your stuff on the ground? Like, you have Titanium on the floor instead of building a storage to hold more things, then it should be blown away when a storm comes, lol. I think that would make the game a little more fun and careful, and more grateful when you get lithium or titanium.

Also, when the storm happens, I think the wind power items should turn as well. I play on the Xbox One, by the way. :)

53 minutes ago, Lo Hye said:

Agreed. This effect is in the demo videos for this game.

34 minutes ago, Lo Hye said:

Also, when the storm happens, I think the wind power items should turn as well. I play on the Xbox One, by the way. :)

Yeah. It's so weird that in a middle of a storm, wind vanes aren't turning. It makes no sense.

I believe the wind turbine bit is a bug that is known.

I like this idea! It would encourage players to build storage/prepare more for storms. It would also create a new risk/challenge.

10 hours ago, Lo Hye said:

I have seen storms blow away materials from peoples bases.

9 hours ago, travin said:

Agreed. This effect is in the demo videos for this game.

Yeah. It's so weird that in a middle of a storm, wind vanes aren't turning. It makes no sense.

Real wind turbines will shut down if wind speeds are to high.  This prevents them from ripping apart or warping the blades.  

On 1/9/2017 at 1:48 AM, Maeldun said:

Real wind turbines will shut down if wind speeds are to high.  This prevents them from ripping apart or warping the blades.  

Understood. But in this iteration of the build, even when a storm barely grazes your base, it doesn't seem to affect them. Of several, I've seen one generate and two others do nothing, so I don't believe there's a shutdown happening.