HAOFORE

Too much research

As the title says, there is way too much research around. I landed on the exotic planet and there were 20+ research pods within 100 ft. (rough estimate) of my shuttle. I just built a research station and flew away with everything unlocked and a ton of titanium and lithium. On top of being able to unlock everything too quickly, these "rare" minerals are no longer rare.

really depends on how lucky you get Ive had were there was loads then others were you cant hardly find any. This is something that will be balanced and rebalanced a few times during development keep in mind this is a pre alpha.

Agreed that in some areas, research is too easily acquired. But considering that planets are created randomly, it's a roll of the dice if any one planet will have an area rich in resources. Out of the many games I've played, I've only once had the fortune of a landing site in the mushroom tree forest of research on Exotic. It should be more rare than it currently is.

Edited by travin

There was that one instance but also on every other game I've started. There is research under everything. Without the luck of the landing spot, all one has to do is explore a cave for a while and they should have just as much. I agree with shaggylives. While I personally would still like to see less research, I think that adding more things to the pool would help the problem. More researchable buildings or parts which will probably be added as development progresses but also adding common items to the pods that give you resources. That would help the titanium and lithium problem.

There is research under every large plant and rock. Sometimes its on the plant not under it. You should have everything unlocked before you visit any planet. There is not much to unlock atm and most the research has resources now anyway.

One solution can also be, that research will be modified to slow down. Researching the same kind of plant or object might give you less knowledge for every repetition. This way a farm of mushrooms will not give you access to the whole tech but can help to progress further than a single object.

Edited by Fly Boy

Currently. You only get so much research from one type of pod. I imagine that over time, with added researchables in the game, you'll need to find more different types of pods to actually fill the whole tech-map.

16 hours ago, HAOFORE said:

As the title says, there is way too much research around. I landed on the exotic planet and there were 20+ research pods within 100 ft. (rough estimate) of my shuttle. I just built a research station and flew away with everything unlocked and a ton of titanium and lithium. On top of being able to unlock everything too quickly, these "rare" minerals are no longer rare.

I Agree , I Already Commented On Someones Post About Resources Being To Easy To Find , Same For This , My Idea Would Be To Make Resources Like Titanium And Lithium Extremly Rare , And That You Would Have To Research The Material From Which You Would Make The Thing. Example Research Lithium For The Battery, And Not Get It First Try.