Sign in to follow this  
Cellden

Broken economy printing money

It takes a  minimal amount of energy to make fuel. This allows me to trade for core resources with ease. After gaining the research I need. I can make 3 fuel condensers and never leave home. This to me is game breaking. Please look into reducing the rarity of the resource and possibly increasing the power requirement to a full power cell. 

I'm on the xbox one and I have the same problem. Except for the fact that I put a hydrazine canister at the top of the fuel condenser. It makes a new hydrazine and refills the first one. Infinite fuel = infinite resources.

The devs are on the same page as you.

Personally I think it's less hassle to wander into a cave than play click-o-neer all day, but I get it....

They will probably make hydrazine less valuable, and/or rework the condenser altogether

16 hours ago, Cellden said:

It takes a  minimal amount of energy to make fuel. This allows me to trade for core resources with ease. After gaining the research I need. I can make 3 fuel condensers and never leave home. This to me is game breaking. Please look into reducing the rarity of the resource and possibly increasing the power requirement to a full power cell. 

I Do Agree With This , You Make The Whole Base And Research Everything In 2-3 Hours , Even If They Doubled The Ingame Content , Would Still Only Take Up To A Day Of Playing , So Making The Resources Rare , And Making Fuel Hard To Get , Atleast More Than It Was , Would Be A Great Idea For The Game.

Edited by Draks

It's pre-alpha, if you want to farm hydrazine then why not? I don't do it, but the possibility of doing it doesn't ruin anything for me. Actually, for some testing purposes I find it a good opportunity.

Cus This Game Is Made For Exploration , Not Staying At You Base On The Same Planet Farming Every Material From Hydrazine.

16 minutes ago, Kafetist said:

It's pre-alpha, if you want to farm hydrazine then why not? I don't do it, but the possibility of doing it doesn't ruin anything for me. Actually, for some testing purposes I find it a good opportunity.

6 hours ago, Draks said:

Cus This Game Is Made For Exploration , Not Staying At You Base On The Same Planet Farming Every Material From Hydrazine.

That's absurdly unreadable. Anyway, at this stage when I build enough the game halts to unplayable fps and I need to start a new base. If I want to get my trucks and spaceships I see no reason to use all means available. My gaming experience is testing out different things, your gaming experience is exploration and whatever. You don't get to dictate what I choose to do with my game.

Edit: that being said I haven't built a hyrdazine farm yet.

Edited by Kafetist

This is what it looks like. I made it just for you guys. I might even consider using at some point it if I feel I'm near done with this save, but for now it's only for show. Cost me 32 resin and 16 copper, not to mention the amount of power it requires to run, but yes I have a lithium factory running on solar and wind power now. You also have to remember I can only use it here, if I ran out of resources on exotic do you think I would go through the trouble of making one of these there? That would literally turn my game into resin and copper hunt and not much more.

It's not as overpowered as you think taking into consideration that it's pre-alpha, we're in a testing stage. In final product I'd say cutting the value of hydrazine in trading station to half yet another time would do the trick: you would have to condense 2 batches of hydrazine, sell them for let's say copper, and then sell that copper for lithium - I would say that would pretty much be the value of your time and effort right there compared to just exploring and finding lithium or other tradeable resources.

20170110123100_1.jpg

meh once you have a truck with a crane and drill you can farm it up 6 storage units of resin in 30 minutes

Making the rocket fuel easily available was a good pre-alpha move in that it made traveling to other worlds easier, allowing people to try out various parts of the game without a lot of effort. But It is really OP in my opinion. Instead of creating fuel from thin air, the fuel condenser should require raw hydrazine crystals that have to be mined. Perhaps they can also add a renewable hydrazine we'll like they have now for resin and compound. 

1 hour ago, WhosTog said:

Making the rocket fuel easily available was a good pre-alpha move in that it made traveling to other worlds easier, allowing people to try out various parts of the game without a lot of effort. But It is really OP in my opinion. Instead of creating fuel from thin air, the fuel condenser should require raw hydrazine crystals that have to be mined. Perhaps they can also add a renewable hydrazine we'll like they have now for resin and compound. 

This is probably the best fix imo

11 hours ago, Kafetist said:

This is what it looks like. I made it just for you guys. I might even consider using at some point it if I feel I'm near done with this save, but for now it's only for show. Cost me 32 resin and 16 copper, not to mention the amount of power it requires to run, but yes I have a lithium factory running on solar and wind power now. You also have to remember I can only use it here, if I ran out of resources on exotic do you think I would go through the trouble of making one of these there? That would literally turn my game into resin and copper hunt and not much more.

It's not as overpowered as you think taking into consideration that it's pre-alpha, we're in a testing stage. In final product I'd say cutting the value of hydrazine in trading station to half yet another time would do the trick: you would have to condense 2 batches of hydrazine, sell them for let's say copper, and then sell that copper for lithium - I would say that would pretty much be the value of your time and effort right there compared to just exploring and finding lithium or other tradeable resources.

20170110123100_1.jpg

That is a bit overkill let me show you a pop up base of minimalist. 8 resin, 2 aluminum, 2 copper, 2 small solar panel's. You now have a pop up base that creates fuel and trades resources. No matter what planet you go too you will survive and expand. 

I see two ways the Devs could approach this problem. The first is to make a market economy the more of something there is on the market the less valuable it is down to 8=1 common (you have to have a bottom end). The farmers would still be able to farm but it would take forever to  build up a huge stockpile of something..carpel tunnel might keep them from Farming to Win.

The second would be to put a bit in that marked the hydrazine that came out of the fuel condenser as no trade. It can still be used in the shuttle/rocket but will be marked as something below common. You could still trade hydrazine  you mined and found in research pods as you do now.

Right now we are still in pre alpha and having a way for the players to get to the endgame without a magic code is acceptable if you don't like it..don't use the exploit. 

Personally, of all the things in the game, the fuel condenser is the one thing I would take out completely. 

I'd rather mine the fuel or trade for it - organics might have more value then.

If you don't want to get rid of the graphic, create a land-based fuel source that is non-tradable. Maybe something that will work to power bases that are underground.

50 minutes ago, Biggus said:

Personally, of all the things in the game, the fuel condenser is the one thing I would take out completely. 

I'd rather mine the fuel or trade for it - organics might have more value then.

If you don't want to get rid of the graphic, create a land-based fuel source that is non-tradable. Maybe something that will work to power bases that are underground.

I find your name risible..

Also, since I should always respond apropos to the thread:

Nerf Hunters, Buff Warriors

6 hours ago, Flashman said:

I find your name risible..

Also, since I should always respond apropos to the thread:

Nerf Hunters, Buff Warriors

I find your reply not on topic. Please stay on topic.

They did exactly what I suggested! This will make it much harder to want to stay in base. Thank you. This topic is closed

1 hour ago, Cellden said:

I find your reply not on topic. Please stay on topic.

Oh, I'm on topic.  Do some searching, this horse has been beaten bloody already.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:34 AM, Flashman said:

Oh, I'm on topic.  Do some searching, this horse has been beaten bloody already.

It's practically just bones at this point.

But we just need to see where the devs take it. At the moment, a lot of solutions have been brought up, so now we need to see what the devs decide on that best matches their view for the game as a whole. And since they are in the gray area of testing and final product, we may not see it solved for a good while.

But that horse will keep getting beat though.