HunBroader

Organic to Oxygen, make the game harder

Hello!

I've recently purchased the Astroneer game on Steam and I really like it, but I do have some suggestions to make the game harder to survive. I've realized how little mind I've to pay to the Oxygen and how little use the Organic have. 

I was thinking about having a decent size dome around the base when you spawn into the world that uses the surrounding plants to get Oxygen for the base and through the Tethers. Or! You could add a new building to the base that would convert Organic materials into Oxygen. This dome could be expanded or we could place more around the surrounding area. As of right now I don't really see any use of Organic materials in the game besides for the Generators. Also, it's really not a problem to wonder off your base even without placing Tethers on the way and survive for a long time. Oxygen is not a problem in the game at all. I'd like to change this and not have infinite amount of Oxygen in the base and vehicles. 

Please let me know what you think!

P.S.: I'm sorry about my English. It's not my native tongue. 

Edited by HunBroader

2 hours ago, gp. said:

Organic doesn't only mean food. We pretty much suck up plants when gathering Organic. I do believe we need to make Oxygen more scarce and give some use Organic.

Also, I hope they make wildlife in the future and food would be a thing in the game. I love survivor/exploratory games and it's a must in my eyes.

Edited by HunBroader

14 minutes ago, HunBroader said:

Organic doesn't only mean food. We pretty much suck up plants when gathering Organic. I do believe we need to make Oxygen more scarce and give some use Organic.

Also, I hope they make wildlife in the future and food would be a thing in the game. I love survivor/exploratory games and it's a must in my eyes.

Agreed. Oxygen is currently too easy, but perhaps they made it that way for easy introduction and testing. In more advanced forms of play, farming (planned) could be a form of oxygen production.

Animals, aggressive ones, ones that run in packs and run by an AI are planned. I'm pretty excited by that.