kidlel95

I found a golden satellite

Not much else to it. I found a small golden satellite that looks like the one that went to take pictures of pluto, and It had a research pod on it. nothing else sadly. also my thruster despawned off of my truck. weird.

Google search "satellite that took pictures of pluto" Its a perfect match to what I found in the caves.

Has anyone else found this??? It looks exactly like the one that took pictures of pluto

Edited by kidlel95

I tried but I suffocated before I could google search how to take a screenshot. you will know what to look for in the caves, Search "satellite that took pictures of pluto" 

Im telling you that the image of the satellite in google search is a perfect match to what I found. Not to be mistaken with the common telescope. This satellite is golden.

For future reference in most steam games you can take a screenshot with steam by pressing F12. That is if you are playing on steam.

Guest what I found two Kepler space telescopes, one was stuck could not move it but the second one i got to move it, going slowly. but i will try to get it back to my above ground base. I built a second base underground in a HUG cavern I found. That way I can explore underground alot more. i built a crane on a truck base, i'll have to use that to get it out.  Hey SYStem Era,  Idea, can we look at a claw or some kind of grabber to grab items like this with the crane so we can pick it up and move it. 

Thank you System Era

I LOVE ASTRONEER

Damian Firecaster 

And a dump truck to put them in.  Kepler kept getting stuck on the smallest edges.  Took me 4 hours to get it to my base.

Tip grab it by the middle don't try to pull it long ways

On 1/9/2017 at 8:25 AM, Damian Firecaster said:

Hey SYStem Era,  Idea, can we look at a claw or some kind of grabber to grab items like this with the crane so we can pick it up and move it.

That would be the winch.

MAYBE.... The character you play as has been preserved by being frozen, and then he woke up on the same earth but now calls it Terran, and all of earths geography has changed since then and all the old space exploration crap is buried underground! :D

On 1/8/2017 at 0:33 PM, kidlel95 said:

Not much else to it. I found a small golden satellite that looks like the one that went to take pictures of pluto, and It had a research pod on it. nothing else sadly. also my thruster despawned off of my truck. weird.

I found it also I took many screen shots while playing on my Xbox but when I dug it up it randomly started floating away and I seen a red beam emit from it for a half second. I also found a random dead body (Not from me) just before finding it. I don't know if the floating is a glitch or not

Posted (edited)

I picked it up with the Winch and brought it to my base

Edited by Ethan .
Spelling mistake

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Kratka said:

I found one too but how did these satelites even get there?

carried in by the dead bodies before they died

worked to death most likely

Posted (edited)

found this pair next to each other 2 minutes after reading this thread

toys.png

Edited by bigessess
tga format image :-/

Posted (edited)

Just as a side-note: For those who are playing on PC (Steam or otherwise), I use a free program called 'Gadwin Print Screen' for screen caps.

Much like you can do in Windows, Gadwin uses the 'Prt Scr' (Print Screen) button for basic full screen capture. You can specify whether you want to capture the mouse pointer or not, but one of the best things is that no matter how many screen shots you want to take, you don't have to stop what you are doing to decide to save the image (like you have to do with Windows default Print Screen which just holds it in the Clipboard), you can just take the next shot and it saves ALL captures in history. And since it immediately pops up the capture window (I believe you can set it not to) you can immediately see if it's a good capture, or if you need to re-do it.

No sponsorship, just letting folks know what I use on PC. I'm not fond of Steam's screen cap storage system, and how (and when) they use it...and they can, you give them permission just by using the function in Steam.

On satellites: Does anyone know how many different satellites there are in Astroneer? (I mean historical ones)

I know about the Hubble, Kepler, Sputnik and Voyager... How many others are there? Anyone know?

Edited by Gray Mouser

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gray Mouser said:

On satellites: Does anyone know how many different satellites there are in Astroneer? (I mean historical ones)

I know about the Hubble, Kepler, Sputnik and Voyager... How many others are there? Anyone know?

They're listed on this wiki page. Mariner 10 and New Horizons are the additional ones. 

Edited by Blind Io