I have recently been giving thought to creating some artistic sculptures with the terrain tool.

This would be a slight undertaking, depending on detail, since I would have to rely on tools base size and features.

If I do create some works, I will post them here as soon as I can.

This also got me to thinking and posed a question in my mind.

Though it would be a vast undertaking to actually find out, I had to ask myself....

Does the terrain tool account for the planets natural spherical quality, or, is it theoretically possible to turn a planet into a cube ?.... o.0

90 degrees to something else is relative.

Since beneath your feet would technically be pointed straight down to the center of the planet, gravity-wise, perhaps making a flat surface directly below  yourself and going from there would be your best chance.

Note that in order to turn a sphere into a curb, you're either going to have to add a lot of mass to the planet to cube it out, or remove the majority of the sphere to do so.

Good luck.

cube-sphere.jpg

Edited by ent|ty

1 hour ago, Thirdparty said:

Does the terrain tool account for the planets natural spherical quality, or, is it theoretically possible to turn a planet into a cube ?.... o.0

For information on this, you may want to check out DragonMaster_00's Flat world project, especially this posting:

The artwork was my original thought.

The cube theory was a side-effect of running things through my head.

If I were to try & accomplish that thought, I would most likely go for the sweet spot. I would remove terrain from bulbous areas  & add terrain to the edges that need to protrude.