I was exploring a cave on the moon and came across this. It's not research so I can't identify it. Does anybody know what it is or is it just something cool to have at you base.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview) 1_7_2017 7_00_36 PM.png

Grats! You found the Zebra Ball, there are 7 of these balls in the game.  Each one has it's own distinct pattern corresponding to an animal.  If you find them all, post a screenshot and you will be entered into the drawing.  The prize is a 3D print of one of the four Astroneer characters, complete with your choice of backpack equipment.

Behold the legendary zebra-ball! This particular ball has stunned scientist from our homeplanet since the day our beloved astronaut put his feet on the ground for the very first time yet to make this discovery. Rumors has it that it has no current use other than being a great light in the dark or to be put on a pillar at your moonbase to be praised like a divine object from a distant star-system (maybe this is the first sign of extra-terrastial life except our own presence?)

Edited by Sathuros
53 minutes ago, Raytheon said:

It's the decomposed remains of Jebediah Kerman

I feel bad, I had to look that up, but once I found out I laughed. :$

20 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Grats! You found the Zebra Ball, there are 7 of these balls in the game.  Each one has it's own distinct pattern corresponding to an animal.  If you find them all, post a screenshot and you will be entered into the drawing.  The prize is a 3D print of one of the four Astroneer characters, complete with your choice of backpack equipment.

When is the drawing?