Recommended Posts

hello,
I made one of the astroneers I plan to do some animations with it in the future.
I'm my own worst critic so if you notice anything odd about it please do tell.

it's not quite finished yet still need to add one of the hoses and rig it for animation.Screenshot (87).pngScreenshot (86.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs a slight bit more 'poompf' at the cuffs before the first 'patches'. It looks a bit too sharp angle there. Otherwise... that is pretty sweet!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Needs a slight bit more 'poompf' at the cuffs before the first 'patches'. It looks a bit too sharp angle there. Otherwise... that is pretty sweet!

poompf?
like rounding it out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dutch said:

poompf?
like rounding it out?

 
 

Probably just to make it look like there's more material at the seams to account for any random losses or gains in pressure. Immersion tactics

Edited by Winjavinchi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, thats what I meant ;)

Just another facet would be enough, right now, it looks like it has a sharp straight angle from patch to cuff ring... when the rest of the astronaut has a nice fluid look from each section. Anyhow, thats the only critique I could come up with. So if you are ok with it, its not a show stopper :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Yeah, thats what I meant ;)

Just another facet would be enough, right now, it looks like it has a sharp straight angle from patch to cuff ring... when the rest of the astronaut has a nice fluid look from each section. Anyhow, thats the only critique I could come up with. So if you are ok with it, its not a show stopper :D 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Winjavinchi said:

Probably just to make it look like there's more material at the seams to account for any random losses or gains in pressure. Immersion tactics

I'll see what i can do thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PilotChan said:

Now make a pepe astroneer.

could do,
I'll probably make a mod for it when the workshop is up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks abit thin for an astroneer.  Just looked them up, the orange suits look really cool.  It's my favourite suit to use in astroneer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin said:

Looks abit thin for an astroneer.  Just looked them up, the orange suits look really cool.  It's my favourite suit to use in astroneer.

yea I'm still trying to figure out why he looks so thin.
it might be an illusion because he has his arms down and mine is in a T-pose

cant tell for sure though
Screenshot (92).png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your next project. Make an original design astronaut, but in the style of Astroneer, that would be included alongside the others.

Yep, I'd be that jerk art teacher would look at this and say "That's great, but I've seen that before."

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dutch said:

yea I'm still trying to figure out why he looks so thin.
it might be an illusion because he has his arms down and mine is in a T-pose

cant tell for sure though
Screenshot (92).png

It's because his shoulders are narrow, give him broad shoulders he'll look different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ent|ty said:

Your next project. Make an original design astronaut, but in the style of Astroneer, that would be included alongside the others.

Yep, I'd be that jerk art teacher would look at this and say "That's great, but I've seen that before."

:D

I'm the same. Its like in those 'builder' games, and people replicate something from star wars or star trek. I'm like... sure, ok... but...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ent|ty said:

Your next project. Make an original design astronaut, but in the style of Astroneer, that would be included alongside the others.

Yep, I'd be that jerk art teacher would look at this and say "That's great, but I've seen that before."

:D

 

I have some idea's character wise but I wasn't sure if they would look right.
I'll probably end up making it when I'm a bit more experienced.

this is more for the animations that I'll be doing
I'll be doing allot more original work when I get there I have some assets laying around that I'll probably be using

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it odd we don't have gender choice suits. We got a fat guy, and two thin guys and a lanky fool guy. I know the suits are baggy, but even in such there should be some feminine shapes (not talking over the top fetish suits lol). Even this orange suit, a female inside would have different form. (not that I'd use them, but if I was playing with a woman, it'd be nice for them to use).

Hm. That woulda been a great question for Adam during the webcast this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

I find it odd we don't have gender choice suits. We got a fat guy, and two thin guys and a lanky fool guy. I know the suits are baggy, but even in such there should be some feminine shapes (not talking over the top fetish suits lol). Even this orange suit, a female inside would have different form. (not that I'd use them, but if I was playing with a woman, it'd be nice for them to use).

Hm. That woulda been a great question for Adam during the webcast this week.

 

its already been asked.
he definitely said something about choosing to look more feminine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dutch said:

I have some idea's character wise but I wasn't sure if they would look right.
I'll probably end up making it when I'm a bit more experienced.

this is more for the animations that I'll be doing
I'll be doing allot more original work when I get there I have some assets laying around that I'll probably be using

It's all good. #blender users unite!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dutch said:

its already been asked.
he definitely said something about choosing to look more feminine.

I musta missed it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frigidman said:

I find it odd we don't have gender choice suits. We got a fat guy, and two thin guys and a lanky fool guy. I know the suits are baggy, but even in such there should be some feminine shapes (not talking over the top fetish suits lol). Even this orange suit, a female inside would have different form. (not that I'd use them, but if I was playing with a woman, it'd be nice for them to use).

Hm. That woulda been a great question for Adam during the webcast this week.

Spoiler

85dd85526d00460baea33600a8ea796f.png

You tell me if that's a male or female just from the looks of the suit. ;P

I mean, from the context you can probably tell it's female, but I highly doubt you could tell the difference if I posted a bunch of spacemen and -women in their suits.

Nevertheless from a fantasy and player choice perspective I would like to see some fantasy female space suits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead