zer0t3ch

[Merged] Partial Nuggets Stuck/Immovable

Posting this yet again because people are still replying without reading previous posts.

It's a known bug, they are working on it, but this is the fix for now:

This is fixable on anything besides the smelter.

Remove all normal compound from the vehicle bay. Then rotate what you're trying to build to different blueprints, you'll notice the invalid item jumping around when it's needed vs not needed. You need to switch the vehicle bay to something that needs compound so your invalid item jumps to the middle. Fill up the outside (reserve section) so there is no more empty space. Then, switch your vehicle bay to something that doesn't need compound. The invalid piece will try to jump out of the center section to the reserve section, but since there is no space, it will instead shoot off into the world. You won't be able to pick it up, but your vehicle bay will be usable again.

This can't be done on the smelter because the smelter is a one-way-street in terms of resources.

One piece of Aluminium is stuck on my smelter (not in the central where you put the ores, it´s on the left).

It´s not clickable and I can´t move it. Usually I had a storage at that place. I really can´t explain how this happened.

Reloading the savegame also didn´t help. It is still there... but here are the pics, for better understanding.

Platform: Steam

Version: 119

Specs:

Windows 8.1 Home x64

Intel Xeon E3 - 1231v3 4x3,40 GHz

R9 290 Tri-X OC Sapphire (4 GB)

16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600Hz

Crucial MX100 256 GB

20170207203342_1.jpg

20170207203403_1.jpg

I had the problem in my backpack... maybe make the backpack removable, so I don't have to kill myself all the time... even worse is when I have to build a new truck...

Speak of the devil... I just had the problem again... then I suffocated myself, and now the nugget is permanently stuck, and won't let anything made of compound be built ever again... smh...

Same here in the Experimental, the copper stucks and can not move away.

Bug.jpg

Edited by ike2k

Summary:
123 - Steam - Partial resource nugget creation

Description: 
First Occurrance: Using the Drill Head on the crane attached to a truck. After all connection nodes are full, the nuggets spawned with 1-2 chunks and fell off in unusable piles. This occurred when I was drilling an interior section of Barren that contained Aluminum and Coal in the same location. This method of resource collecting was also leaving whatever partial resource that was left every time you changed types. I ended up with partial lithium, titanium, coal, and laterite on the storage pod and the two crane side-ports. Unlike the Terrain tool's ability to (buffer?) change-out the partial nuggets and start a new one when changing resources.

Second Occurance: While using the new Smelter, I placed one laterite nugget in the 4th slot from the left (last slot) and began to Smelt. During the process I placed a second laterite nugget in the 3rd slot. The Smelter used the new nugget to complete the original nugget of Aluminum, leaving 2 partially used nuggets of laterite. I placed a new nugget of laterite in the 2nd slot and began to smelt again. The 2 partial nuggets remained. I placed a nugget of malachite in the 2nd slot and began the smelting process. The machine spit out the partial chunks into a storage slot by making one partial aluminum nugget and then proceeded to make a copper nugget as normal.

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

• CPU: Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHz
  • GPU: GTX 660Ti 2GB
  • Drive: Crucial M4 110GB SSD

Yeah, I found that on log in (Steam, mouse & keyboard) I'd sometimes have a partial stack of organic on my back, dying got rid of it (by which I mean I could leave it on the corpse when I retrieved the rest of my stuff), but I also once found a partial stack of copper on a smelter that took up the slot, as far as I can remember (sorry for being a bit vague) it hadn't just turned up when I logged on like the organic (also, if you put stuff into the smelter without having a slot free for it to output to, it gets deleted, is that intentional?)

20170219113037_1.jpg

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but I seem to always end up with these half-smelted aluminum on a smelter that I can't pick up. Running 125 on Steam.

361420_screenshots_20170225205419_1.jpg

Should be a known bug by now.
It mostly happens when you take away a not yet fully processed aluminium or copper item,
or when you remove a partly processed ore item.

I've never been able to take away partly processed items. I've seen this when you add more raw ore while the smelter is running.

11 minutes ago, wondible said:

I've never been able to take away partly processed items. I've seen this when you add more raw ore while the smelter is running.

You are right. It's already a while since I last played the game. So I took it off the top of my head...
I would edit my post. But it seems not be possible in this forum?

2 hours ago, Shabazza said:

Should be a known bug by now.
It mostly happens when you take away a not yet fully processed aluminium or copper item,
or when you remove a partly processed ore item.

Ahh you're right. It seems to be a known issue. Thanks for responding :)

happened to me, when i put/added manually  during the processing another ore nugget, so added more and suddenly it finished

When using the drill head and crane for mining, a bug happens with the resources. The drill/crane will take incomplete stacks and place them in storage. This happens when there is not enough of a resource in a location to end with an even # of stacks. When you move to another resource or unload the vehicle at your base, an incomplete stack will become stuck wherever you put it. I have attached a screenshot of my printer which has a half stack of compound stuck to it, as well as 2 storage units with half stacks of resin and organic stuck to them. The game doesn't allow you to pick up or interact with these half stacks, so they get permanently stuck to whatever the crane puts them on. In my case, one got stuck to my printer after I put a storage unit with a half stack on it.

astroneers bug.jpg

On 1/11/2017 at 9:08 AM, Kaheraien said:

It's on Xbox one

Not only is it on the Xbox as well. But it seems to have infected my printer, my smelter, and my backpack. Im going to try the filling the gaps trick so it shoots off into the world but i dont know how to fix the backpack. It definitely came from the usage of the drill on my truck. But im not sure how a partial got into my backpack nor onto my other machinery. Definitely an issue, im going to delete this world later due to it. And then just put the drill on its own rover or truck. 

I play on an Xbox 1 slim and i love this game. Can't wait to see what the future holds for it

Edited by Zinkky
Like to have my words spelled correctly. Dont really care about caps or apostrophes. But spelling is a must

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, Zinkky said:

i dont know how to fix the backpack

Suffocate your astroneer just outside your base or vehicle's oxygen supply. Anything that isn't in your top two outside slots and craft slot will be left on your corpse's backpack.

This partial nugget is stuck in my backpack.. i Guess its game over for this savefile since I cant make tethers anymore. The backpack choose this even when I have full compound boxes ready.

Partial nugget nooo.png

5 minutes ago, Moonminer008 said:

This partial nugget is stuck in my backpack.. i Guess its game over for this savefile since I cant make tethers anymore. The backpack choose this even when I have full compound boxes ready.

Partial nugget nooo.png

Or...just switch to a template that doesn't need compound. It will jump back into your main inventory. Then remove everything from your inventory that isn't the partial nugget. Then shift+click on your trading station rover. The partial will jump to it. Then just click trade and your partial is gone forever.

Work-arounds for partial resource nugget issues

This is a summary of some work-arounds that could help you to deal with this issue until it is fixed.

The listed work-arounds address two different situations: A partial resource nugget occupying an item slot inside your backpack or outside of the backpack, i.e. on a platform or vehicle. There are also numerous reports about empty but unusable slots in backpacks which most likely have the same root cause. There are also partial resource nuggets which aren't sitting on a slot but just lie around; those cant't be interacted with either, but they are just annoying without being an actual gameplay issue.

If you have a partial nugget sitting on a printer platform or a vehicle bay, then this posting by ColColonCleaner explains how to remove it:

On 5.2.2017 at 3:56 PM, ColColonCleaner said:

Posting this yet again because people are still replying without reading previous posts.

It's a known bug, they are working on it, but this is the fix for now:

This is fixable on anything besides the smelter.

Remove all normal compound from the vehicle bay. Then rotate what you're trying to build to different blueprints, you'll notice the invalid item jumping around when it's needed vs not needed. You need to switch the vehicle bay to something that needs compound so your invalid item jumps to the middle. Fill up the outside (reserve section) so there is no more empty space. Then, switch your vehicle bay to something that doesn't need compound. The invalid piece will try to jump out of the center section to the reserve section, but since there is no space, it will instead shoot off into the world. You won't be able to pick it up, but your vehicle bay will be usable again.

This can't be done on the smelter because the smelter is a one-way-street in terms of resources.

If the partial nugget sits on a movable storage, then you can put that storage on a printer platform or a vehicle bay and use the previously described method to remove it.

If the partial nugget sits on a smelter or on a vehicle, then there is no known way to remove it, unfortunately. Your only option is to use dynamite to destroy the affected smelter or vehicle and rebuild it. To avoid this situation, make sure to always have all slots of a smelter occupied by storage so that you are able to relocate any partial nugget to either a printer platform or a vehicle bay. The same work-around should help with vehicles, especially when using them with a crane, which is another source of those partial nuggets.

Here are several alternatives for removing a partial resource nugget or a seemingly empty blocking slot from your backpack:
1. By forcing ejection of the partial nugget:

1. In the backpack printer, select an item that you are unable to craft because of the partial nugget. For example, if you have a partial compound nugget in your backpack, then you could select tethers or solar panel for crafting.
  2. Fill your backpack so that all slots are occupied.
  3. In the backpack printer, select an item that needs a different resource for crafting.
  4. The partial nugget will be ejected from your backpack.

2. By deliberate death:

1. In the backpack printer, select an item that you are able to craft, i.e. one that is not blocked by the partial nugget. For example, if you have a partial compound nugget in your backpack, then you could select a wind vane which needs aluminum for crafting.
  2. Let your Astroneer die and respawn.
  3. Now you should be able to use the backpack printer normally again. (When respawning after death, you start with a new backpack that is empty except for the printer slot and the two supplementary sideways slots, which preserve their respective items.)

3. By using the trade platform (see the previous posting by ColColonCleaner):

1. In the backpack printer, select an item that you are able to craft, i.e. one that is not blocked by the partial nugget.
  2. Remove everything from your backpack that isn't the partial nugget.
  3. Shift-click one of the resource nugget holograms on the trade platform's rocket to transfer the partial nugget to it. (What's the equivalent for game pads?)
  4. Launch the trade rocket and see the partial nugget vanish from the game. ;)

Adding to what @Marck said in regard to movable storage, this will not work for 'Organic' partial nuggets, since there is no crafting recipe that requires them (unless something has been added since I last played).

Also, thank you for citing sources @Marck.

2 hours ago, ColColonCleaner said:

Adding to what @Marck said in regard to movable storage, this will not work for 'Organic' partial nuggets, since there is no crafting recipe that requires them (unless something has been added since I last played).

Good point. This means one has to be mindful when utilizing the crane: Use the terrain tool to remove all organics from an area before using the crane to avoid producing partial organic nuggets.

2 hours ago, ColColonCleaner said:

Also, thank you for citing sources @Marck.

Credit where credit is due. :)