zer0t3ch

[Merged] Partial Nuggets Stuck/Immovable

On 2017/1/15 at 0:30 AM, ColColonCleaner said:

For anyone finding this thread. Switch to a crafting selection that requires the partial/invalid item in that smelter/vehicle bay/printer, so the item jumps to the center of it. Then fill up the outside 'Spare' item slots with other inventory. Then switch the crafting table to a different blueprint that doesn't require the partial item. The invalid item will try to jump back to the 'Spare' item slots, but since there is no room, it will shoot off the table into the world. You won't be able to interact with it or pick it up, but it won't mess with your table anymore.

But there's no crafting option for smelter?

Somehow a partial compound stack ended up in my backpack, no  can't remove it from the backpack. Is this is a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

20170116120247_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, method said:

Somehow a partial compound stack ended up in my backpack, no  can't remove it from the backpack. Is this is a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

20170116120247_1.jpg

it's a bug.

There are 2 ways of getting rid of it:

1. Kill yourself :))

2. Use the trade platform (when you click on the highlighted slots on the trade platform, the incomplete compound block should attach. Just trade it for whatever to clear the slot on the trade platform.

Yay! that worked, but then didn't work. I accidentally mounted it to the side platform. Now it's stuck there. Any ideas?

20170116122015_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, method said:

Yay! that worked, but then didn't work. I accidentally mounted it to the side platform. Now it's stuck there. Any ideas?

20170116122015_1.jpg

I didn't mention what do to in this case because I am not sure if you can remove it.

How exactly did you even place it there considering you can't select it.

Maybe try Shift+Click on it to put back on the backpack and redo the process, although I am not sure if you can pick it up anymore.

I've been using my drill and really enjoying it but it mines these partial stacks which alone fills up a bit of space as you cant move partial stacks. I put a storage unit on my printer with about 5 Compond and 1 almost compound. I made some solar panels at was left with 1 compound and a partial in the printer. Now its stuck there and I have to make a new printer, which I can easily do but its still annoying. I'm playing on the Steam PC edition.

This happened to me, too. It was my fault, I put 4 ore into the machine, started the process and put a 5th one into the machine. The full blocks i can use, the parts not. The Parts are not removeable.

When I use the drill and crane attachment and mine more than two types of resources at a time it spits out the remaining parts of whatever is in one of the slots. The power resource seems to be the only one that is movable while any other resource becomes immovable and useless. I wasted an entire aluminum deposit because there was already oxygen and resin in the storage chamber. The crane was on a rover connected to 2 trucks and another rover each with a large amount of storage. 

If the ports on the smelter are blocked and the player decided to move items to make room while the smelter is still in process, it will create a "half block" of that resource and wont allow you to pick it up or add more too it. I'd like a way to delete these unfinished resources or at least be able to move them. Because as of now the ports are half taken up with unfinished resources and I cant add additional storage or even have enough room to smelt a full load of 4 resources.

Windows 10 64

Mouse/Keyboard

I've also had this issue after making the mistake of moving some ore before it was fully depleted. It permanently occupies a slot, either on a storage crate or the smelter itself; the same behaviour can be observed with the drill as well (by not fully mining enough to complete a resource item, or a part thereof)

Hey!

This is a known bug, I have seen it causes by moving things attached to the smelter while it is working. It is not fully formed so unfortunately it is stuck there for now. 

It doesn't only happen on the smelter.

I got that small piece stuck on my vehicel bay. Now it's impossible to build any new vehicels or add-ons which need compound.

Only solution was to build a new vehicel bay :(

I'm not completely sure where it came from, but i guess it was a partial piece from my deform tool and when i clicked on the vehicel bay it added that unfinished part.

(Steam, v119)

Screenshot 2017-01-24 19.59.26.png

@Aeron This is fixable on anything besides the smelter.

Remove all normal compound from the vehicle bay. Then rotate what you're trying to build to different blueprints, you'll notice the invalid item jumping around when it's needed vs not needed. You need to switch the vehicle bay to something that needs compound so your invalid item jumps to the middle. Fill up the outside (reserve section) so there is no more empty space. Then, switch your vehicle bay to something that doesn't need compound. The invalid piece will try to jump out of the center section to the reserve section, but since there is no space, it will instead shoot off into the world. You won't be able to pick it up, but your vehicle bay will be usable again.

This can't be done on the smelter because the smelter is a one-way-street in terms of resources.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if they devs for now just added a console (like the fallout series does it) where you can click on and delete invalid items. This could apply to base sections which we can't delete currently, or these partial inventory stacks which get into the way. At least until they make an official way to remove unwanted items/structures/vehicles.

@ColColonCleaner Thanks! I tried it a few times before and it never worked. But then, suddenly it fell off. Now I've got to vehicel bays. :)

Hello. I had the same on my truck with a little organic.. look like it was almost used ? and no way It will of ?? I save in the truck, and when I came back I jump out with that result that the truck was flipping around ?? I try to turn it and take cabin and one store thing of.. I lift it away and turn.. and then truck with truck trailer and tons of stuff all gone ?? no air so run home and will build a new truck.. but now my homemade cave store room was all empty and the car gone ? fly to my other bases and same.. My main base I see it was all full and two minutes after.. all gone ? but still think its the best "1st person builder game" ever !!! and hope there soon will be female astroneer to be and a cozy home with a bed to take a rest under the stormes .. ps. my daughter ask what pet we will have ! think she like a little cute alien.. but I say she maybe get a robot dog :D

Have this problem with the printer, a pice of unfiished compound from my mining tool jumped on it and blocks it now for all blueprints which uses compound

3 hours ago, Wetterstein said:

Have this problem with the printer, a pice of unfiished compound from my mining tool jumped on it and blocks it now for all blueprints which uses compound

Just look up a few posts before replying, the answer (for now) is here:

On 1/7/2017 at 2:12 PM, Evil Hotdog said:

Don't know how it came there, but there's a little piece of aluminium stuck on one of the four slots of my smelter platform, I can't do anything with it since it won't come off.

On the picture you can see it floating on the left.

20170107195748_1.jpg

Have seen this one as well recently in 119 on XB1

i've had this happen too.... hope they find a way to sort it. perhaps the drill head should hold partial harvests within itself (like the excavation tool) until they are completed.