zer0t3ch

[Merged] Partial Nuggets Stuck/Immovable

The first time I noticed this, there was a partial aluminum ore (lidite, or something like that?) in one of the "input" slots. It mostly wasn't an issue as I could use the rest of the slots. (Although when using all 3 slots at once, it ate 2 of my aluminum, only got 1) Thing is, it eventually tried processing the partial ore, and outputted a partial aluminum, effectively breaking the smelter permanently.

While I have no clue what you would need to do to fix this kind of bug, could we get maybe temporary workaround? Maybe a keybind that will reset the state of whatever platform we're pointing at? (including all inventory slots) Something like that would also help in the case of any similar bugs in the future.

Edited by Wyvyrias
Adjusted title after mass-merging

i have been exploring what i can do with the trucks recently. i had a storage node on it with a generator with organic stuff being used accidentally unhooked the storage unit and the partially used material was stuck to my truck without being able to pick it back up. hope you can use this to help finish this awesome game

Screenshot (1).png

Had the same issue - partial organic stuck in a large storage node on truck. My game crashed during save getting into the truck just before and I assumed that was the cause. What OP described certainly could have been the cause in my case as well though.

1. Mouse/keyboard
  2. Steam

I have the same problem but I just realized it probably has to do with the drillhead on the truck.  I think it's harvesting organic and won't let y ou move the stack until it's full.  About to test it out.

Yup, it's a partial harvest -- unfortunately there's no nice way to finish the stack without starting another while you harvest.  I suspect plugging up all the storage holes on your vehicle and then finishing the stack would let you remove it but as soon as you use the drill over a harvestable terrain resource it'll just do it again.

I had this as well, it seems that the Crane+drill move unfinished stuff to existing free storage slots.

My suggestion is to have the crane on a rover that you pull with the truck (thus the crane will drop the resources on the ground and you can pickup whatever you need and put into the storage on the truck.

Meanwhile, if you get a bit of organic stuck, it's possible to carefully drill plant bits until it finishes a complete piece and no more. I had to pop off 2 or 3 before I successfully got a clean removal. Good luck!

When using the Drill on a truck I have a storage which it goes to. Unfortunately any resources that hasn't been collected  enough to complete a unit gets stuck to the storage pallet. I used a Storage pallet to fill the slots for a Printer. This was specifically with Lithium and battery. When I selected the battery the incomplete Unit of Lithium filled one of the required slots and was unable to use the printer. Overall Incomplete Units of resources can waste or corrupt a storage slot. 

I was using the drill head on the crane on Barren when suddenly the crane and truck lurched (glitch, I believe) and not only did the resources I'd gather become unselectable, but a bunch of them were shattered in the process. Tiny little bits of lithium and oxygen on connectors just rolling around and nothing I could do about it.

Yea, I've run into problems with this as well, either with inventory on the storage pallets getting stuck with semifull resources or with the items mined to fill up the space on the vehicle and make it mostly useless afterwards.

Possible fix:
Resources gathered with the drill should work like the terrain tool, where there's a sort of invisible inventory space that holds the materials until it achieves a full stack, only then sending the stack to storage either on the truck, drill's side or a pallet.

Mouse/keyboard
Steam/PC

Don't know how it came there, but there's a little piece of aluminium stuck on one of the four slots of my smelter platform, I can't do anything with it since it won't come off.

On the picture you can see it floating on the left.

20170107195748_1.jpg

I also have this issue, mine was from accidentally adding another item to be smelted before it had finished the last smelt. 

I would supply a screen shot but the save has locked me in the habitat. (Guess that save is done.)

PS - Awesome game potential

20170108074311_1.jpg

20170110110223_1.md.jpg

Looks like this is happening, when you add more Malachit / Laterit, while the smelter is still working. Never had this issue before, but today, when I had plenty of Minerals to be smelted.

PS: The unfinished Copper is not selectable or movable in any way.

Edited by nordish

I came back from building a moon base where I was for a while and came back to my copper in the smelters side item slot unremovable and looks like a partial stack 

I tried putting stuff in its place even 2 slot items but it doesn't do any good

image.jpeg

Can confirm for Windows 10 + Steam, have the same with an aluminium. Looks unfinished and was thrown out because i melted something else.

It's broken. (currently no way to fix it) To avoid making more, make sure the smelter has enough empty space, and never add extra material to it while it's smelting.

I can confirm this bug. Happens if you add more raw materials while a smelting process is ongoing. Unfinished product will end up sitting there forever, no way of removing it.

I had something very similar to this, pre-patch. My problem was that a fully built copper came out of the smelter, affixed itself to the back right storage, and could never be moved or removed.

For anyone finding this thread. Switch to a crafting selection that requires the partial/invalid item in that smelter/vehicle bay/printer, so the item jumps to the center of it. Then fill up the outside 'Spare' item slots with other inventory. Then switch the crafting table to a different blueprint that doesn't require the partial item. The invalid item will try to jump back to the 'Spare' item slots, but since there is no room, it will shoot off the table into the world. You won't be able to interact with it or pick it up, but it won't mess with your table anymore.

First Bug: I was riding around in my rover and it just got stuck, like stopped on a dime. I got out to try to flip it/move it in any way and I couldn't. I believe it got stuck on a really small rock. I could see the rock but I should have just been able to ride over it.

Second Bug: I started a new world (due to the reason of the first bug) and made a smelter. I was smelting copper and aluminum at the same time. Everything was going well until I grabbed one of the copper ores and accidentally placed it on the smelter where the power would go. Now that stack of copper ore is just stuck there. I can't grab it/move it at all.

Last session (1/15/17), I was smelting 3  Malachite when I interrupted it by putting 1 Laterite in the middle of smelting.

What happened was kind of game breaking (Not really). The finished products were: 2 copper, 1 aluminum, and 1 unfinished copper and the remaining part of the malachite still in the smelter (Like when you didn't mine enough material it just gets stuck in your Tool). I thought it was weird but nothing really, so I turned on the Smelter again to try and finish it but the finished product was separated to two items. So it's useless, I'll have to throw it away, but no, it's immovable, I can't.

pls fix

20170115171023_1.jpg

I had this happen as well on another save. I tried to smelt 4, but had 2 things on the sides and realized it halfway through the last smelt. Went to try to negate it by smelting another material, and it put the piece on the side bar like pictured above. I can't move it either, so I can't put a storage on that side ever again.

Yes had this happen as well. I believe the fix for this is the same as the fix for exploiting easy hydrazine cans off of the fuel condenser, they just made it so you can't grab or move the cans before they are finished, the same could fix this issue.

And at least until this is fixed, or maybe as a feature for the game, simply being able to delete/nuke resources would be great. That could work for normal resources you don't want, or glitched ones.