The Never-ending "Next Update" Speculation Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't assume that I'm hindering my attitude towards Astroneer based off of future updates, all I need to know is if anyone has any hints or tips for when the next update will be? I have already made a pretty big base on Terran, Barren, and exotic and the game is quite laggy. I don't mind how the performance is I would just like to see how the next update will improve it. Thank you for your time. 

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged into existing thread (inc. the 2 posts below)

Just follow on the forum announcement, steam news, dev blog, twitter, discord, twitch, anything. You can't just ask us and expect to personally deliver whatever you demanded buddy.

Plus, you are posting this on a general discussion topic, which automatically give the burden to other user who's equally clueless about what will happen in the next update.

I've been a moderator for quite awhile and I still have no Idea what and when exactly the next update will take.

3 hours ago, tonez_4466 said:

some of us are quite patiently  waiting :) 

I'm surprised there isn't more hype this time around. There is finally an actual content update dropping any day/hour now (I noticed that they start updating the internal builds shortly before a release, thumbs up for QA :D).

17 hours ago, Frigidman said:

Puts envelope to forehead:

• Cheese Balls
  • Ladies
  • And Flying Houses

are europeans expected to get this?

I'm in no hurry at all.  Just want a quality game and willing to wait for that.  Patiently waiting...  heck this weekend is Easter and Star Wars Celebration anyway.. the update can wait :)

I'd be willing to bet the next update will hit in the next 4-7 days. Seems it could be any day, so I'd say closer to next Monday.

and if I'm wrong I'll eat homemade pavlova ;)

7 hours ago, Issac said:

I'd be willing to bet the next update will hit in the next 4-7 days. Seems it could be any day, so I'd say closer to next Monday.

and if I'm wrong I'll eat homemade pavlova ;)

I really wish they'd be more transparent about the progress.. At least on the forums where there are mostly people that care about the title to a different degree than the average user. All we have for an ETA is April, maybe, and trying to find some kind of correlation with internal build ID's and update schedules, but that's a conspiracy theory brewing right there.

5 hours ago, swatsqad said:

I really wish they'd be more transparent about the progress.. At least on the forums where there are mostly people that care about the title to a different degree than the average user. All we have for an ETA is April, maybe, and trying to find some kind of correlation with internal build ID's and update schedules, but that's a conspiracy theory brewing right there.

It's pointless.  Every time a developer posts something, even as nebulous as "April" it kicks off a frenzy of "Is it ready yet?" posts.  Any date given can very easily be missed so early in development.  I don't blame them; and even giving a month is brave.

30 minutes ago, MMZ>Torak said:

It's pointless.  Every time a developer posts something, even as nebulous as "April" it kicks off a frenzy of "Is it ready yet?" posts.  Any date given can very easily be missed so early in development.  I don't blame them; and even giving a month is brave.

Take a look at PU:B and how their transparent communication worked well, even when they had to roll back a massive update. I strongly disagree, as transparency can only be good :)

Just now, swatsqad said:

Take a look at PU:B and how their transparent communication worked well, even when they had to roll back a massive update. I strongly disagree, as transparency can only be good :)

Hints and tidbits become promises; date windows rapidly become promised, hard deadlines.  Any deviation from these transparent offerings becomes a Siren's Call for those who want to hand out torches and pitchforks.  The Devs are wise to stay away from this.

37 minutes ago, MMZ>Torak said:

Hints and tidbits become promises; date windows rapidly become promised, hard deadlines.  Any deviation from these transparent offerings becomes a Siren's Call for those who want to hand out torches and pitchforks.  The Devs are wise to stay away from this.

Ive seen that all too well.

(hides pitchfork behind back)

16 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Ive seen that all too well.

(hides pitchfork behind back)

Any examples that are comparable?

56 minutes ago, MMZ>Torak said:

I'm not talking about setting actual datetimes for the updates, but rather something more specific than April. Surely if you base your announcements on optimism - it can't go right and most likely will backfire, but doing them right   brings more good than bad IMHO.

7 hours ago, swatsqad said:

Pretty much every MMO forum, or any game under development where the players actually have access to a game that has forthcoming features.

And it doesn't matter if the devs don't give concrete dates.  Even giving a month is, as I said, brave.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, swatsqad said:

The perfect example for this would be ARK. The devs that tweet out deadlines and then constantly and consistently miss their etas. I see plenty of people harassing them, even still to this day! Its not hard to find the ungrateful, simply look in the richest of places.

7 hours ago, Issac said:

The perfect example for this would be ARK. The devs that tweet out deadlines and then constantly and consistently miss their etas. I see plenty of people harassing them, even still to this day! Its not hard to find the ungrateful, simply look in the richest of places.

Considering the last (long!(y)) stream, I think this is the more important part, perhaps you guys are right, being more patient, about date windows. Being open to the community, interacting more is pretty awesome. And he did answer a lot of questions on top of all the stuff he showed and the news shared. 

But at this point I really FUCKING want that update guys. :D speace out