Frigidman

The Never-ending "Next Update" Speculation Thread

1 minute ago, Martin said:

Just a small note, no patch notes yet and we're on official 117, not to pull cords etc.. also the link in steam to the "new patch" gives an error 404 msg when clicked, ie the link is broken.

Uhhh... yeah....

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

Just a small note, no patch notes yet and we're on official 117, not to pull cords etc.. also the link in steam to the "new patch" gives an error 404 msg when clicked, ie the link is broken.

patch notes is in the patch notes section of the forum

Right ok, adam updated the top linked forum, not the one in the general discussion, which still reads 115.

13 hours ago, Cili said:

A vacuum or conveyor belt that allows you to send items from your mine, location, etc, back to your base.

8 hours ago, Forgo said:

kinda defeates the whole limitation to the carry weight, thus making this sorta easy mode?

True, but... it could suffer from storm damage ... could run out of power and stop... could be a slow conveyor, not instant... can take a lot of resources just to build in the first place... giant sand worms could eat your cargo on the trip...

This is what could ruin this game, people demanding more challenge.. Most people just want relaxed enjoyable game play it's a very tiny minority that want to play games on the hardest level possible.    A conveyor belt would be useful, sure it makes the game easier.. but so it should that's the entire point.  Like other issues in the game, if you don't like something, don't use it, noone is forcing you to use a truck if it's making the game too easy.. feel free to walk everywhere or take a rover.

23 hours ago, Martin said:

This is what could ruin this game, people demanding more challenge.. Most people just want relaxed enjoyable game play it's a very tiny minority that want to play games on the hardest level possible.    A conveyor belt would be useful, sure it makes the game easier.. but so it should that's the entire point.  Like other issues in the game, if you don't like something, don't use it, noone is forcing you to use a truck if it's making the game too easy.. feel free to walk everywhere or take a rover.

The making fuel to trade for resources is a good example of that too. If they found it 'too easy', then they should have just not done it.

--

After watching that stream with Adam, I'm going to go onto a limb and say that the next update is going to contain new space debris content to hunt for :D

1 hour ago, gr8hifi said:

Are you referring to patch 119 or another one?

Speculation on the next patch! Speculation! MWHAHAHAH! 

hehe If there's an experimental 122, there should be a patch soon, looks pretty tidy the new module.  Wonder what else is on it.. since my reprimand to not report on experimental patches I don't run them anymore.   Sadly. :(

Edited by Martin

Yeh, especially as there's no zebras to play with.. just their balls.. omg..

Edited by Martin

playstation 4  and Nintendo switch versions coming soon! :)  Nintendo switch version could be done as other developers have stated they were very impressed how well and smooth it runs the unreal engine 4 and games that are made using it!

2 hours ago, hobieone said:

playstation 4  and Nintendo switch versions coming soon! :)  Nintendo switch version could be done as other developers have stated they were very impressed how well and smooth it runs the unreal engine 4 and games that are made using it!

I think you phrased that wrong. There's no "coming soon" for Astroneer on PS4 or the NSwitch at least (dunno if the NSwitch is even being considered).
Also Astroneer running on UE4 wouldn't automatically mean it'll run just fine on the NSwitch. That all depends on the hardware optimization.
Just clarifying things here so people don't misunderstand. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Just clarifying things here so people don't misunderstand. :ph34r:

Well, to clarify a bit more on the clarify ... its all speculation here anyhow... to have fun thinking what might come (even if its pretty far fetched and nigh impossible lol!).

;)

Maybe the OP needs to be edited with a disclaimer "All speculations should not be taken as gospel!" ... kind of why I said the devs cant participate in this thread haha.

well, I didn't mean  for my post to be taken seriously. as I thought that this thread was for fun in speculating the future  of the game regardless  how far fetched it may seem. and not to be taken  seriously. from the moderator's reaction it makes it seems the developers are afraid people will go no man's sky on them. the developers should only be worried if sites like kataku, the know, the enterprise and a few other shady ones happen to see this thread. then they will blow out of proportion and take all the speculation as true and flood the internet  with it as if it came from the developers mouths.

seriously tho if anything I can see this game on the ps4. and under stand why it isn't as sony doesn't allow the sale of alpha state games on the psn. and it would be suicide if era does eventually release a ps4 version financially. as their are way more players and ps4 sold and being played than xbox one. think last sales numbers  was 3 times more ps4 owners than xbox one owners this gen. plus the psu has a stronger gpu than the xbox one. as for the scorpio that one I would count on just yet seems like every week Microsoft keeps flip flopping on it what it actually is and what it can do.

maybe in a couple patches they give up on trying to keep the rovers and trucks on the ground and just add a crafting addon to make them into space ships lol!

On 1/7/2017 at 5:59 AM, SuperVK said:

Portable station wich you can plug on to your rover. Example: portable research. But it needs a good price because it's very powerfull

Oh don't worry, you'll pay the price when you lose it underground. xD