Frigidman

The Never-ending "Next Update" Speculation Thread

Different sized deformer tools, better stability of the deformer angles during use and the ability to close the door during a sandstorm.

How about...

a jetpack

meteor showers that bring resources.

bad research pods which explode in a small puff of smoke and give nothing (..real life scenario..lol )

tribbles for pets that multiply and follow you everywhere.

automatic tether layer that places a new one each time you are at maximum reach as you move. Perhaps a new gizmo to make that could use an outside backpack slot (solar panel/generator etc). Tethers are loaded into new gizmo and....off you go....plop, plop, plop!

Vehicle bays can have an assigned vehicle. This will eliminate shuttles and spaceships landing on eachother, the truck and or the rover etc. Nice thing to have control over too, especially if building a large main base.

flares we can shoot to temporarily illuminate an area or signal others with.

dedicated stand alone storage. we love to organise! Shelves, nice foam lined boxes, vaults etc etc.

a simple little camera for our spaceman so he can snap and share some of the amazing scenery, weather and events in the game.

a galactic newspaper

fish that swim in the air

plants that self seed and spread over time in the direction of the winds.

a jetpack

poisonous areas of caverns (not just spitting plants.) that requires special gear but have high rewards.

"click & go" function for land vehicles to auto drive to an area/point within sight.

new resources uncovered after a storm.(no covering up because that could be annoying in a base area).

mobile research pod to clip onto truck or rover.

anti-grav boots to climb up/down tricky bits of terrain without disturbing terrain.

little sun/moon clock to hint at time of day/night/light.

star trek type teleporter for sending things to another base. Must have teleporter at destination to work and should have strict limits and restrictions.....but nice eh?

alien plant seeds available to find as a bonus in all digging, mining etc. Different seeds that can be planted in a genetic modifying bio planter which we print. Each grows into a harvestable and placeable plant that has a function similar to a tether but without the need to be connected to our main system because they get their energy from the ground where they are placed. Perhaps 8 could be stored in a backpack slot ready to place. A light source, oxygen emmiter, power emmiter, wind break, solar etc. Little independant staging posts and utilities for all sorts, but organic and semi native to the planet after our genetic engineering.

puntures that need spare tyre and fixing.

a decent bed in a decent habitation dome please. I'm aching from always standing and sitting in cages with bumpy rides and sometimes it's nice to just relax and watch the sunset while I write my journal for the day.

did I mention a jetpack?

cheers, nerb

Edited by nerb

4 hours ago, nerb said:

How about...

a jetpack

meteor showers that bring resources.

bad research pods which explode in a small puff of smoke and give nothing (..real life scenario..lol )

tribbles for pets that multiply and follow you everywhere.

automatic tether layer that places a new one each time you are at maximum reach as you move. Perhaps a new gizmo to make that could use an outside backpack slot (solar panel/generator etc). Tethers are loaded into new gizmo and....off you go....plop, plop, plop!

Vehicle bays can have an assigned vehicle. This will eliminate shuttles and spaceships landing on eachother, the truck and or the rover etc. Nice thing to have control over too, especially if building a large main base.

flares we can shoot to temporarily illuminate an area or signal others with.

dedicated stand alone storage. we love to organise! Shelves, nice foam lined boxes, vaults etc etc.

a simple little camera for our spaceman so he can snap and share some of the amazing scenery, weather and events in the game.

a galactic newspaper

fish that swim in the air

plants that self seed and spread over time in the direction of the winds.

a jetpack

poisonous areas of caverns (not just spitting plants.) that requires special gear but have high rewards.

"click & go" function for land vehicles to auto drive to an area/point within sight.

new resources uncovered after a storm.(no covering up because that could be annoying in a base area).

mobile research pod to clip onto truck or rover.

anti-grav boots to climb up/down tricky bits of terrain without disturbing terrain.

little sun/moon clock to hint at time of day/night/light.

star trek type teleporter for sending things to another base. Must have teleporter at destination to work and should have strict limits and restrictions.....but nice eh?

alien plant seeds available to find as a bonus in all digging, mining etc. Different seeds that can be planted in a genetic modifying bio planter which we print. Each grows into a harvestable and placeable plant that has a function similar to a tether but without the need to be connected to our main system because they get their energy from the ground where they are placed. Perhaps 8 could be stored in a backpack slot ready to place. A light source, oxygen emmiter, power emmiter, wind break, solar etc. Little independant staging posts and utilities for all sorts, but organic and semi native to the planet after our genetic engineering.

puntures that need spare tyre and fixing.

a decent bed in a decent habitation dome please. I'm aching from always standing and sitting in cages with bumpy rides and sometimes it's nice to just relax and watch the sunset while I write my journal for the day.

did I mention a jetpack?

cheers, nerb

Love it all. Good work.

5 hours ago, Martin said:

In game radio playing classic rock.  Remember the radios in battlefield - vietnam expansion...

And Silent Hunter.

Nice idea.

14 hours ago, Martin said:

In game radio playing classic rock.  Remember the radios in battlefield - vietnam expansion...

Hot tunes from the 80s! Complete with analog tape-deck sputter and hiss... like the pilot has headphones (the original kind lol) on inside his helmet.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:26 PM, Chernobyltoast said:

creepy creatures of the night to deter explorers from wandering in the dark.

Only issue on that is when we are on planet where night and day are realllllllly long lol. 

14 minutes ago, ETwhisperer said:

Only issue on that is when we are on planet where night and day are realllllllly long lol. 

Hmmm... Pitch Black. Oh dear!

On 07/01/2017 at 4:26 AM, Chernobyltoast said:

creepy creatures of the night to deter explorers from wandering in the dark.

ZOMBIES!

Ok so Xbox updated to 2.10117  which I expect will be the same for us over next couple of days.

I wonder if the feedback we could have given on experimental patch 117 will reflect feedback on the released patch, when it comes.

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

I wonder if the feedback we could have given on experimental patch 117 will reflect feedback on the released patch, when it comes.

This now is the time to start giving feedback on the current build, I don't understand what the issue is?

I don't think there's any point in giving feedback on 115 if a new version is incoming.  It's not like 115 has changed over the last week.   There's hundreds of duplicate threads in the bugs forum.

Feedback now is a moot point really.

But, given I was using experimental 117, until I downgraded, I'll be interested to see what does change between official 117 and the experimental 117, given there were big improvements in experimental 116, I hope they'll follow through into official 117.

Time will tell I guess.

Oh I guess the devs didn't realise how quickly the Xbox/win10 patch would be released. Yours would be out today I would assume. 

Aleast you can understand the point about Xbox being so far behind, it was pointless for us to comment on the bugs. 

I wouldn't say pointless, it's a fact of life that people don't usually give good feedback.. only negative.  So really bad feedback is good.  Better than none.

I just wish people would start posting the platform they're using and the version they're on, as it does get confusing trying to work out if they're reporting on an old issue or a new one.

It will get there, probably would help if there was a form that should be filled in for each bug report, with mandatory fields like: OS, hardware used, platform, version, and so on.

Also, ppl need to be able to differentiate between game related issues and their local PC issues.

For Xbox troubleshooting is more straight forward I guess.

With impending updates on hold waiting for xbox, I tend to go on hold myself until the update finally reaches us.

As for whats coming now in the next patch beyond 117... Some Co-op lovin! Curious if there could be a poll on how many play with friends, or play solo.

And animated images in a forum... bad taste. Get that crap out of here.

6 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

With impending updates on hold waiting for xbox, I tend to go on hold myself until the update finally reaches us.

Why even bother posting this, just sounds like you're throwing your toys. 

1 hour ago, PilotChan said:

Rare pepes and memes to trade so we can all get that lithium we need for batteries.

25 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

And animated images in a forum... bad taste. Get that crap out of here.

Please go easy on the memes, especially if animated. Though generally it's not a big deal as this thread basically counts as "off topic" (we'll get a section for that at some point for sure).

17 minutes ago, HellHasNoFear said:

Why even bother posting this, just sounds like you're throwing your toys. 

Let's not be like that to each other. We all know where this leads to.

Playing with others, especially with voice communication. Is exponentially more fun than doing it solo. 

if devs are reading, we need to fix multiple bugs involving non host travelling to other planets, lack of ability to do things in Tundra, and the respawn back in terran. L

A vacuum or conveyor belt that allows you to send items from your mine, location, etc, back to your base.

On 07/01/2017 at 7:05 PM, nerb said:

All great ideas, some inspired thoughts I hope they're listening. A bigger habit / dome which we can place furniture inside, cook plants we have grown, possibly some kind of musical instrument for relaxing?  

5 hours ago, Cili said:

A vacuum or conveyor belt that allows you to send items from your mine, location, etc, back to your base.

kinda defeates the whole limitation to the carry weight, thus making this sorta easy mode?

Just a small note, no patch notes yet and we're on official 117, not to pull cords etc.. also the link in steam to the "new patch" gives an error 404 msg when clicked, ie the link is broken.