Frigidman

The Never-ending "Next Update" Speculation Thread

141 posts in this topic

The purpose of this thread, is to create a never-ending thread of speculations (lighthearted, or real!) on what will be coming in the next update! Its a forum game of sorts with early access games, to guess or forecast what may be coming. Discuss possibilities, make funnies, and stir up hype and excitement! Over time it will be pretty hilarious to see what people come up with, and what actually came to pass. Especially if this keeps on going for years!

Sorry devs, you cannot participate xD

Press onward!

Random generated planets and new solar systems

Spacestations, unlimited nodes and expansions. Spacestations everywhere!

Land worms which randomly roam and eat unassuming astronauts!

More bugs, broken mechanics and worse fps issues. ;)

48 minutes ago, Martin said:

More bugs, broken mechanics and worse fps issues. ;)

LOL! Wait... this isn't Space Engineers is it? ;)

I sense something fun coming in the next non-damage-control patch! :o

You sense it? That's pretty amazing, but don't let hellhath see you say that.. ;)

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

You sense it? That's pretty amazing, but don't let hellhath see you say that.. ;)

Thats alright, I'm on ignore so I'm safe to speak my mind!

Aww but you're a nice guy.. I only ignore people who really need to be.

I hope that those Xbone folks get their thing patched up so there wont be any more "me wants my Patch and me wants it now" topics 9_9

4 hours ago, Frigidman said:

The purpose of this thread, is to create a never-ending thread of speculations (lighthearted, or real!) on what will be coming in the next update! Its a forum game of sorts with early access games, to guess or forecast what may be coming. Discuss possibilities, make funnies, and stir up hype and excitement! Over time it will be pretty hilarious to see what people come up with, and what actually came to pass. Especially if this keeps on going for years!

Sorry devs, you cannot participate xD

Press onward!

I hope this isn't going to be a trend. Having a forum filled with multiple posts of "When's the next update?" is a scourge.

22 minutes ago, ent|ty said:

I hope this isn't going to be a trend. Having a forum filled with multiple posts of "When's the next update?" is a scourge.

This thread is an attempt at a single mega thread of combined speculation of what could be in the next big updates (ongoing, patch after patch, one giant thread of crazy speculation mongering). I do not plan to make a thread like this after every single content update.

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Didn't realise you had an issue as well,  I guess that guy that thinks he's gods give to everyone needs a friend to. 

creepy creatures of the night to deter explorers from wandering in the dark.

Im gonna say the most obvious things I can think of

-Larger Spaceship/Rocket

-Backpack Expantion

-Biomes (Color coded)

-Self Defense Mechanism (Unidentified atm)

-Mobile Hostiles

-More Research based around structures

-More Easter Eggs and Secrets

Thats about all I got that isn't super obvious lol

The arid planet has enormous worms which excrete spice. A quasi-religion grows up around it.

This is entirely my own idea and is in no way stolen.

Looking forward to just about anything they add in game, but, would love to see a sorta of crude 3d modeling software added to game for making masterpieces out of the terrain.

player controlled spaceplanes... just imagine seamless transition between atmospheric and interplanetary flight.

Personal Energy Shields brought to you by Shield Tek Incorporated.

Remember when life throws anything and everything at you think of your friends at Shield Tek. Our personal energy shields, and vehicle shields, will allow you to see all of life's troubles bounce harmless off of a bubble of hard light. Watch your cares melt away as sandstorms become a thing of the past. StabbyPokyPulsating plants got you down? Shield Tek has the answer!

Act now and choose the size color and frequency of your shield while supplied last!

Portable station wich you can plug on to your rover. Example: portable research. But it needs a good price because it's very powerfull

4 hours ago, holyco said:

player controlled spaceplanes... just imagine seamless transition between atmospheric and interplanetary flight.

I see what you did here