Sparklemane

[Merged] Trapped In Habitat

Also ran into this bug, it looks like this might have to do with the game crashing when entering or exiting the habitat, or having the character die mid save? With dynamite it seems like this could be repeated.

Run game from Astroneer.exe and not from Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe It fixed my problem with this bug. Others please try and confirm if it worked.

21 hours ago, Luka said:

Run game from Astroneer.exe and not from Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe It fixed my problem with this bug. Others please try and confirm if it worked.

nope did not

Try to repair game in steam (right click>properties>local files>verify integrity) I only had this problems once I run through that now seems it works on both normally. Upload your logs and save games to this thread maybe dev will check it as this bug makes game unable to play. Do this happen every time ? I don't know but dev should have inbuilt bug report via UE4 engine

Press Windows logo on keyboard and type %localappdata%  or Win+R and run %localappdata%/Astro or just %localappdata%   (%localappdata%/Astro should open Astro folder directly)
They can be located in C:\Users\Your WIN UserName\AppData\Local\Astro

I'm having the same bug, I built a base, made a subterranean base, no problems so far.

Then I took off to an exotic planet, landed and that's where I got stuck in my habitat.

As far as I understand, I'll be stuck until the devs fix this bug?

That's too bad, but the game is fun and I will not be deferred from playing! hahaha....keep up the good work devs!

Just got the game a few days ago on xbox one and I too am stuck in a habitat. Like I've read, Xbox doesn't allow more than one saved game so until there's a fix I'm screwed. Also the game seems to run slower and drops frames the longer I play, and I don't mean per session either.

I had pulled up with a rover and placed some items to be researched. A storm came up so I entered my undeployed habitat. After that I couldn't leave the habitat. I left the game and came back, but I'm still unable to leave.

So I'm experiencing this too, except the game is literally unplayable across the board. I'm stuck in my habitat on my saves, and I'm stuck in my habitat when I land on a new world. No way to engage in any sort of gameplay. Can move the camera around, so... I guess I just have a really pretty claustrophobia simulator until this is patched.

No repro steps required in my case besides launching the game. Nothing special about the state the game was in when last it functioned. I was messing around on the moon, same as a dozen other times.

This has happened to me yesterday even after the new update. I was playing around yesterday, placed down a habitat in the middle of the fuel condensers and trade platform so that I could multitask without moving too much, saved the game, cane back today and got stuck in the habitat. Looks like the bug is still there!

Hopefully they fix it in the newer update!

I just hit this bug for first time after sculpting flat surface for Habitat.  XBOX One build 0.2.10131.0  I placed Habitat on surface of Tundra but didn't make it a home, then pressed X while standing too close, climbed inside and game locked/crashed.  Went back into saved game and terrain was back to original shape instead of flattened, even after a few saves of terraforming, although the poly details seem to only be partially loaded (since I can't step outside).  The only control that responds is D-down which plants a tether just outside the Habitat.  That saved game is useless until patch.

3-27-2017_1-27-37_AM.png

Currently playing on Xbox one and the same thing happened to me, carrying a habitat and set it down, went to pull out my reform tool and jumped in the habitat. Now that profile is gone until the bug is fixed ?

Had the same thing happen to me playing on PC. Had a friend come and blow me up with TNT but when i re-spawned it was back inside the pod. We also tried driving a truck up to it which i could not get into. So far ive tried everything except pulling it with a winch.

Hi everyone, I made a mistake and I find my rescue locked and I'm unable to continue my game.
I was in a hurry to get out of the game and saved it using a habitat that I had built and hoping to bring on a new planet. When I load the game I see myself alive of the habitat but I have no way to press tab to get out of it.

Sorry my english, but I barely know and help with an online translator.

astrobug.png

I have the same issue AND when I tried to start a new world, I was stuck in the habitat you spawn into. I know this issue is already being addressed, but I felt that it might be helpful in saying that this issue also occurs when starting a new world. Hope the issue is resolved soon! :)

i made a storage bunker in the ground the floor was not level i went down there to grab sumthing. i click x and ended up in the habitat now im stuck 

When you clicked X (which I'm guessing is the Xbox button to enter a Hab or vehicle), you glitched through the ground and ended up inside your original Hab on the surface?  Or, in your underground storage bunker, you had an undeployed Habitat? 

If it's the former, that's a bug I've not heard of before.  But if it's the latter, that is a well known bug which unfortunately locks that whole game save and is non recoverable.