When pushing new tunnels through terrain, it is sometimes hard to see, if the angle is not too steep for climbing (especially stepping down) or use it with vehicles.

It would be nice to have some indication or orientation during the mining process.

No HUD by design.

For now Deform Tool have circle pointer with dots inside. Four triangles show mode. Green/Red colour mean charge/range.

Let this pointer show angle to horizon/vertical by stripes inside.

For example thin horizontal lines with small constant vertical interval.More lines - more angle, no lines - horizontal surface.

Also single vertical line with width, proportional to angle. Full circle means vertical, no line - horizontal.

If anyone can visualize it, I would be glad.

I think that would confuse new players make learning harder to come. 

Making mistakes and falling down, usually is the quickest way to learn and it is just so satisfying with sculpting something that you think is perfect. 

This game has no UI and this is a mistake. Players have to guess what is going on around them. There is no chat. You can't tell if your friends are in the world with you. You can't choose your exact landing zone or label your bases. Wheeled vehicles glitch out, spacecraft land on top of each other,  and the trader is useless to anybody but the host. Much work remains, but the game is still fun. 

1 hour ago, meatsauce007 said:

This game has no UI and this is a mistake. Players have to guess what is going on around them. There is no chat. You can't tell if your friends are in the world with you. You can't choose your exact landing zone or label your bases. Wheeled vehicles glitch out, spacecraft land on top of each other,  and the trader is useless to anybody but the host. Much work remains, but the game is still fun. 

The game has no HUD. UI is definitely in the game (anything the user is interfacing with is part of the UI...).

The game is simple enough that guessing is enough, and there's a wiki/these forums/steamcommunity for if you get confused.

Multiplayer is going to updated later in the dev process. Also, skype, steam chat, xbox live messages... can replace chat in-game for now

Not choosing an exact landing zone is likely intentional. (it's hard enough IRL to choose an exact point to land on. imagine not knowing the exact layout of the planet you're landing on, and then trying to find a good spot, and then trying to hit that spot without knowing the atmosphere or how hot it is or...)

Vehicles are also going to be fixed but that's probably going to come much earlier than multiplayer fixes.

I haven't played MP yet simply because nobody I know has the game, but I'm assuming you mean player's backpacks are deleted if they leave the game, so there's no point to trading? that could be "fixed" for now by making sure players put all their stuff on a storage block before they leave the game. Or if you mean the trading platforms just straight-up don't work for anybody but the host: again, MP fixes will come eventually.

On 11.01.2017 at 11:52 AM, Fly Boy said:

I used squares to give a clue of perspective.

Cool, but no horizontal, vertical indicator, no mark of slope direction.

1 hour ago, meatsauce007 said:

This game has no UI and this is a mistake. Players have to guess what is going on around them. There is no chat. You can't tell if your friends are in the world with you.

No HUD is not a no UI. Portal 2 work perfectly without chat ;) Communication system and many things should be added, bugs removed.