RTGs are very expensive power generation systems and perfectly repay their costs, thanks to the constant and inexhaustible production of energy. However this makes soon all other energy generation systems obsolete and I don't know if this is wanted or not by the developers.

I thought RTG might overheat under these conditions:
- if the demand for energy exceeds that which the power line (to which the RTG is connected) can satisfy, then the RTG starts to overheat and after several minutes it stops working or even explodes!

So the player who uses RTG must be careful not to use the power line recklessly, calculating the amount of energy he will use and then equip RTG through sockets, attacks and sensors with an anti-overheating safety system.

The can be stopped when the energy required is less than that supplied.

I know that this idea may not appeal to many players, because unfortunately they like the easy life. However, as I said before, I am very sorry that the current RTG renders all current power generation systems obsolete. And you players, what do you think of the current RTG and the new solar and wind turbines introduced in the latest patch?

Thanks System Era

current RTG renders all current power generation systems obsolete

I don't think that this is still that big of a problem as you are saying, cuz the recent energy rebalance helped with this a lot.

RTG got nerfed because everything around got buffed. (even Medium Wind Turbine gives you 5.0 U/s right now)

RTG costs a lot of bytes, and it's not much harder to print than new Large/XL solar panels or wind turbines that gives you much much more energy, if you have batteries to store it.

It's still not perfect but building anything else than RTG makes sense (now), especially with increased energy demand of most base buildings.

*Also Since this is end game item, that people look/grind for. Complicating it like that is not only unneeded nerf but also it would make those rtg fell less like rewards. (if you know what if mean, don't know how to explain it)

💖

Edited by hardkoR
9 hours ago, hardkoR said:

I don't think that this is still that big of a problem as you are saying, cuz the recent energy rebalance helped with this a lot.

RTG got nerfed because everything around got buffed. (even Medium Wind Turbine gives you 5.0 U/s right now)

RTG costs a lot of bytes, and it's not much harder to print than new Large/XL solar panels or wind turbines that gives you much much more energy, if you have batteries to store it.

It's still not perfect but building anything else than RTG makes sense (now), especially with increased energy demand of most base buildings.

*Also Since this is end game item, that people look/grind for. Complicating it like that is not only unneeded nerf but also it would make those rtg fell less like rewards. (if you know what if mean, don't know how to explain it)

💖

What you say is true, the rtg has been nerfed because everything else has been enhanced and all require more power. This makes RTG transition and grind slower. The first RTGs are used to stabilize the energy of the base, and better support Auto Arms and Autoextractor.

I tell you that if there were Large and XL Batteries, this transition would be even slower and I think it wouldn't mind.