No Landing Sites on Glacio

Hi,

I recently started a new savegame for the new update. I've put 27 hours into this particular game.
I'm not new to Astroneer, having put over 180 hours in total over the last year, so I know how things operate.
Today I spent several hours building an outpost on Glacio, but I forgot to place a beacon or landing pad.
I had to travel back to Sylva to craft some supplies before returning to place my landing pad down, but when I returned to Glacio's orbit, the landing bubble had disappeared.
I thought I could land at another site and walk my way back to the base, as I knew where it was, but NO landing bubbles appeared at all.

I flew back to Sylva, quit the game, and tried again. No luck.
It's not a matter of the sites being hidden by clouds, as the cloud cover isn't too bad. I flew around the planet slowly and clicked randomly across the whole surface, but nothing.
I'm guessing the game is unable to generate any sites due to the terrain, and the one site I originally used was obstructed by my base pieces.

Please assist with how I can land on Glacio, or teleport there somehow.
Or if I need to create a new game, how can I retain my resources and research unlocks?
I do not want to start fresh. In the meantime, I will continue playing this map without access to Glacio, which is a shame, as the research and resources are great.

I have sent System Era an e-mail about this too, as someone asked this exact question in August 2020 with no response in the forum.

Thanks.

When  you traveled back to Sylva for supplies, did you take your shuttle or the gateway?  Were there any other shuttle beacons on Glacio?

If you can, please also share your save.  If you're on Steam, you'll find it here:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

16 hours ago, SES_Gina said:

When  you traveled back to Sylva for supplies, did you take your shuttle or the gateway?  Were there any other shuttle beacons on Glacio?

If you can, please also share your save.  If you're on Steam, you'll find it here:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

Hi Gina,

I took my shuttle, as haven't unlocked cores yet.
When I first arrived on Glacio, I remember only seeing the one landing zone.
There are no beacons or landing pads etc on Glacio, just the one spot I first landed and build some equipment.

Save file attached.

Thanks.

SAVE_2$2021.04.07-01.23.49.savegame

Posted (edited)

FYI If you plan to fix that save file so Glacio landing sites work, please let me know first so I can send you my most up-to-date savegame, as I've played a lot since I sent you that file.
Thanks.

SHHMULE$2021.04.08-15.07.22.savegame

Edited by shhmule
Latest savegame included

I have shared the original save with the team and asked for solutions to help you return to Glacio.  I'll know more about that in the morning, hopefully.

@shhmuleI can get you back to Glacio, send me your save :)  I won't be able to restore previously existing landing zones, but I can put down some landing pads for you.

Alright, I put a landing pad at your Glacio base and returned your character to the elevated landing pad and medium rover on Calidor.  If you need some free debris for the event, look down the hill behind the Calidor landing pad.  If you don't...well, close your eyes 🤣 there's definitely not a pile of blown up shuttles and thrusters I hacked in back there. 

SHHMULE2021_04.09-00_47.22$2021.04.08-19.25.54.savegame

21 minutes ago, SES_Gina said:

Alright, I put a landing pad at your Glacio base and returned your character to the elevated landing pad and medium rover on Calidor.  If you need some free debris for the event, look down the hill behind the Calidor landing pad.  If you don't...well, close your eyes 🤣 there's definitely not a pile of blown up shuttles and thrusters I hacked in back there. 

SHHMULE2021_04.09-00_47.22$2021.04.08-19.25.54.savegameUnavailable

Oops, looks like I don't have access to the attachment? Says Unavailable.
@SES_Gina

Oh no!  I'll private message you or I can send it over Discord, Email, or a share drive

YAY! I saw your large wind turbine, all packed up on Sylva with no where to call home, time to put that thing to work!!