New Power system an in-depth Analysis

Hi Players and Developers, the new patch has been fantastic, and the thing that really impressed me was the reworking of the power costs of the various structures. However, analyzing the costs of the new generators, I noticed that beyond their aesthetic beauty, they are not very convenient. Get comfortable because we are going to analyze them one by one, Let's go:

- Small Wind Turbine (cost 1 ceramic) 1,5 U/s

On this I could create an entire degree thesis, I'll try to be as concise as possible. Honestly I'm not happy with this at all, I made a post about it. The amount of power produced has been increased x3, and the recipe changed to ceramic which is cheaper than glass. This means that if you need power, start making as many small wind turbines as you want for free (soil centrifuge). An medium Storage (8 turbines) produces 12 U / s, while a 36 U / s medium silos (turbines), all costs just a handful of ceramics. I understand that maybe yours is to find a fast and cheap way to generate energy, but geez, don't you incentivize exploration in this way! Just dig the earth and wait! The quickest solution might be to change the ceramic cost to aluminum! In this way aluminum acquires a more precious value and is found on all planets, but when you find it, you open a bottle of champagne for joy!

- Medium Wind Turbine (cost 1 alluminium, 1 ceramic) 5U/s

When I saw the output increased from 1 to 5, I said it was time! But when I saw the cost in aluminum, I said to myself, why i should print it? With an earth container I can print 3 small turbines and put them in a storage, and I can do this as often as I want, saving resources, space, and search bytes. Precisely, the problem is not the average wind turbine, but the small one! The thing would be different if the latter cost aluminum.

- Large Wind Turbine (cost 1 alluminium alloy, 1 ceramic, 1 glass) 10 U/s

When I analyzed the cost and the production, I asked myself, what the fu**? Let's assume that small wind turbines cost aluminum. There would be significant savings in this. But why should I create this instead of two medium wind turbines? The latter cost two aluminum and two ceramic, and I avoid creating aluminum alloy, and copper I could use it in another way. In addition medium wind turbine I can build it where I want (aluminum available on any planet), while the large one needs copper which is not always available. I want to remember that medium turbines can be placed on large storage / silos, doubling the production space efficiency up to 6 times! The only reason to create it would be if you have very little aluminum and various copper reserves. But otherwise it's a scam! Compared to before, the mistake lies in the recipe, maybe you could make aluminum, ceramic and rubber or plastic? 

- XL Wind Turbine (cost 1 iron, 1 alluminium alloy, 1 graphene, 1 ceramic) 17 U/s

Very nice graphically, but the recipe puzzles me. The main advantage is that it does not need a platform to be positioned. The current recipe is very messy, to print it you need aluminum, copper, iron, ammonium, graphite and hydrogen. It is much easier print 12 small turbines in medium storages with 4 soil small canister, and I just need a melting furnace and a centrifuge. But if small turbines cost aluminum, alternatively,  I could sprint 4 medium turbines and use 4 aluminum, 4 ceramic and 3 resin (platform) to produce 20 U / s. Clean up the recipe maybe steel, ceramic, rubber, plastic. These resources are strategic, because the large turbine requires copper, while this steel (iron and argon). Also increase the power output to 25 U/s, don't be afraid, you can further increase the amount of running energy for chemistry labs and atmospheric condenser to balance it.

- Small Solar Panel (cost 1 copper) 1 U/s

The 1 U / s production increase can be honest, as it costs copper which is a precious material and available in few planets.

- Medium Solar Panel (cost 1 copper, 1 glass) 4U/s

This could save you 4 times copper than small solar panel. The price it's a bargain.

- Large Solar Panel (cost 1 alluminium alloy, copper, glass) 8 U/s

The recipe is a scam (2 copper, 1 alluminium, 1 glass), they are robbing you of aluminum. Build two medium solar in its place with 2 copper and 2 glass, you save aluminum and bytes for research, and you don't need the chemistry lab. Rework the recipe with 1 aluminum alloy,  1 glass, and plastic. Increase also the output to 10 U / s

- Solar Array (copper, glass, graphene, alluminium alloy) 14 U/s

Like the XL wind turbine, it also does not need platforms. The recipe itself is not bad, maybe I would replace the copper cost with plastic. However, I would increase the production to 20 U / s further increasing also the cost of running the Chemistry Laboratory (20) and atmospheric condenser (40). Why this increase? To get that greater feeling of needing more power and more powerful generation systems! At present it is enough to create a storage of small wind turbines and I produce almost as much as a Solar Array XD

- Small Generator (1 compound) 2 U/s for 120 sec for 1 organic

It has been increased from 1 to 2 U/s. This makes it even better than before for powering vehicles, but also it is now supplanted by the Qrtg. Useful in the early stages of the game, it soon becomes completely obsolete.

- Medium Generator (cost 1 tungsten, 1 alluminium) 9 U/s for 120 sec for 1 carbon

The production was increased from 3 to 9 U/s. I have used it to make up for the lack of energy when wind and solar are not available, and does its job perfectly. I would like to see Large and XL Generators in the future. 

- Small Battery (1 zinc) 32U, throughput rate 1 U/s

Changing the cost to zinc was a really good choice. A way to make zinc more precious, and to encourage its research of it.

- Medium Battery (1 zinc, 1 lithium) 512, throutput 5 U/s

Capacity has been doubled to match the modules' new energy costs, and make it more attractive than small battery stacks. I would like to see Large and XL batteries in the future.

Qrtg (obtainable as a reward in missions and around the planets)

By popular demand, this little treasure has been added! In itself it is fine, but it inevitably makes small generators obsolete.

Power cells (Graphite) 48U throughput rate 1 U/s

Changed the recipe from zinc to graphite, excellent modification because it makes energy cells available during exploration and emergency situations, however supplanted by Qrtg when available. It increases the amount of power in them to 256 U and 3U/s throughput rate, You will make them as valuable but not as valuable as a small, organic small generator.

RTG (1 nanocarbon alloy, 1 lithium)

It hasn't been changed, but due to the increased cost of energy, RTGs are less performing than before, however this is not a bad thing but it spurs players to invest more in creating more RTGs. Remember that once built RTG always works, so it should be normal that it produces little compared to other renewable and non-renewable systems.

Additional Reflections

Melting furnace: now it takes 5 U / s to work, and that's good, because it stimulates the player to create energy production systems from the earliest stages of the game

Soil Centrifuge: draw was increased from 4 to 6. Good, but I would increase it to 10 U/s

Chem Lab: draw was increased from 3 to 10. Based on what I wrote,  increasing power production in high-end systems, I would increase draw to 20. The high cost in terms of energy serves precisely to incentivize players to build new power production in high-end systems compared to the low-end ones.

Atmospheric Condenser: draw was incresed from 6 to 20, the same reasons of the chemistry lab, I would increase it to 30, if not 40

Rebalance other structures as XL Shredder following a similar pattern. The greater the difference in power between small and large structures, the greater the need to adapt to new technologies.

It took me almost 2 hours to write this post, but I really wanted to give my opinion. And i having over 1000 hours of gameplay should give me some weight. I hope this analysis makes the developers think about what in my opinion could be improved. And you gamers, what do you think of the new power upgrade system, am I crazy or is there a hint of truth?

• 2 weeks later...

I think your post is well thought out, thank you. I have enjoyed this game and have played it a lot over a relatively short period, (~2 months). I found it enthralling and would get lost for hours in it. But now that I've done just about everything, it just seems too repetitive. I've tried to add some of my own challenges to increase the difficulty and make it exciting, but that too is losing it's luster. The increased power is nice, but to what end? Some of my saves have dozens of canisters full of materials, multiple tractors and rovers, lots of auto-extractors collecting resources, good bases on all planets, etc. But I find myself bored that I can't "do" anything with 8 large canisters of iron. And with all the auto-extractors doing the work, I just drive around collecting canisters, so I don't even get the slot-machine like endorphin rush from manually collection anymore.  Auto-arms are great but only work on the smallest items. I would love to see the ability to build some MEGA structures.