ReHy_Boi

I got robbed

What folks like MrTriple are well aware of is that the very large majority of Triple-A titles are almost exclusively released on PC for Windows and of course the consoles. That is purely for business reasons. You support the platforms with the greatest number of users to get the maximum return on your investment. In fact, Windows is the minority platform there as the console sales usually outstrip the Windows sales by a very significant margin (see Skyrim and Fallout 4 for example).

If, however, as a player you have a preference for what may be called the Indie style of games (such as Astroneer), you will often find that they are very well represented across Windows, Linux and OS X. I am a Linux player myself and looking at my Steam library I see about two thirds of the games are multi-platform. Those Indie or Casual games that are Windows-exclusive often work well in Linux using Wine (Astroneer is currently an exception). Even for the few games that are WIndows-only, dual booting is possible these days with very minimal effort.

Sure, if you want a Triple-A shooter, there is a perceived need to have the "best" hardware to get the smoothest framerate so that you will "win" more often (especially for twitch shooter games) but for Indie and Casual players, it is possible to take a more relaxed approach to gaming.

Some folks just "like" OS X and how it does things. Perhaps that is the PC they were given, perhaps they chose it deliberately. At the end of the day, they have made an informed choice.

3 hours ago, IndieCrypt said:

Double LOL.

I was referring to the fact, that it's physically impossible to get a virus ^^

And the spec of this is ... naaahhhh. It's Apple. That says it all. ;)

PS: Just install Windows as a second OS and you are fine.

Edited by nordish

There are plenty of way to get virus and malware on a Mac. They are no longer immune by it and are hit by krypto malware just like Windows pc.

Read the news, it's been going since 2014. 

Back to topic...just use Apple Boot Camp and dual-boot Windows to play the game until a OS X full release is available.

It's like, you have a diesel vehicle and bought gas.

Or I guess have a GameCube and tried to put a Playstation disk in it?

On 06/01/2017 at 3:00 PM, nordish said:

Double LOL.

I was referring to the fact, that it's physically impossible to get a virus ^^

And the spec of this is ... naaahhhh. It's Apple. That says it all. ;)

PS: Just install Windows as a second OS and you are fine.

Yeah, Apple are the worst. "Hey let's release the same product next year and make even MOAR money!"

1 minute ago, Teh_Leviathan said:

Yeah, Apple are the worst. "Hey let's release the same product next year and make even MOAR money!"

As a former cell phone retailer, if Apple sold the same thing, it would actually be okay. 

Apple has been trying to put out inferior products masked with rainbows that is believed by fanboys.

latest?cb=20161030021322

The amount of misinformation and opinionation in this post is absolutely astounding. 
Who gaf what PC someone uses? And you sit here ripping into people for their choice of hardware?

Take a pic of you in your clothes so the internet can rip into a personal choice you made in the fashion world.
Absolutely ridiculous.

1. MACs can get viruses.

2. Stop trollin

People are not dumb for selecting a MAC, they're people like you and me. They had a process with which they processed information and arrived at a choice based upon what they had available. This doesn't make them dumb. It makes them arrive at a choice different than you, to which, for some reason you have a problem. To me, that sounds like a huge personal issue.

I count 5 posts where all you did was insult people and bash a large company for no other reason than their opinion differed than your own.

This is an incredibly devolved state of mind to be in, and I hope you can overcome it and treat people as they should be...as equals, with the capabilities to make choices independently from your approval.

Edited by mortinusu

Unfortunately this topic went way off course by now. So I'll close here.

@ReHy_Boi It's unfortunate the game doesn't work for you, so please contact either the Steam or Microsoft support and ask for a refund! Issuing refunds is outside of ours or System Era's possibilities as it's handled entirely by Steam/Microsoft. Sorry for that!