Dmitry

Astro-bikes

Astro-bike is a good idea for a fast exploration of the area. It is a small, fast and cute vehicle. It has only one place for an anergy giving place. And a cabin will already be in the body of the bike.

I like this idea, a simple dirt bike with a single spot that can only be used for an energy attachment, being fast with 10-20 energy units but no top and therefore no protection from storms.

Edited by AngryBlueMidget

3 minutes ago, AngryBlueMidget said:

I like this idea, a simple dirt bike with a single spot that can only be used for an energy attachment, being fast with 10-20 energy units but no top and therefore no protection from storms.

Yes, you can use it only for explorering the area

Great idea! Something like this would be easier to use underground when mining as well. I think a small three-wheeler with a matching two-slot towable would be ideal.

Edited by pumpkinmeerkat
t y p o

17 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Astro-bike is a good idea for a fast exploration of the area. It is a small, fast and cute vehicle. It has only one place for an anergy giving place. And a cabin will already be in the body of the bike.

+

To differentiate this more from the rover it could NOT offer protection from storm debris - adding some risk to the reward of a fast, space transportable exploration vehicle.

Be good to pair this with a Jetpack. More power than a jetpack but less than a rover (say two thirds), but more efficient, allowing for a quick burst of exploration. Won't cost as much either.

Edited by Xyfurion

Good idea

I think the bike should have some power shield

Edited by Wyvyrias
merged posts

On 1/5/2017 at 2:35 PM, Dmitry said:

Speeder bike style. I'm tired of bouncing all over hell's half acre in zero/low G. Give me something that makes no contact with the ground at all with adjustable travel height.

3 hours ago, Mr. Badger said:

Speeder bike style. I'm tired of bouncing all over hell's half acre in zero/low G. Give me something that makes no contact with the ground at all with adjustable travel height.

Good idea

On 1/5/2017 at 11:35 PM, Dmitry said:

The Picture Of Me Riding A Super Fast Bike In This Game Is Really Awesome , BUT There Is No Point To It Like 0 Valid Resons To Add It , Doesnt Have Storage To Bring Some Reasearch You Found Fast , Just For Fast Ingame Free Roaming Isnt A Good Enough Reason To Add It Ingame , More Content Doesnt Mean Good Content.

Great idea.

Having a smaller vehicle, along the lines of a motorbike/3- or 4-wheeler, would be great for exploration above or below ground. Fuel it with organic (like the personal size generator) so that you could gather more fuel as needed. Having a smaller trailer to add on would be great as well for a simpler overland/underground excursion.

16 hours ago, Draks said:

The Picture Of Me Riding A Super Fast Bike In This Game Is Really Awesome , BUT There Is No Point To It Like 0 Valid Resons To Add It , Doesnt Have Storage To Bring Some Reasearch You Found Fast , Just For Fast Ingame Free Roaming Isnt A Good Enough Reason To Add It Ingame , More Content Doesnt Mean Good Content.

As the game develops, however, transporting between places in a fast manner may become relevant.

Yes

On 10.1.2017 at 10:13 AM, Mr. Badger said:

As the game develops, however, transporting between places in a fast manner may become relevant.

Right

Edited by Wyvyrias
merged posts

Nice idea! Maybe it should be a hovering bike? the game looks like in the future So maybe it should be like a hovering bike, that has 100 power, you need power to make it go, But nice idea!

Merged and removed double posts.

@Dmitry Collect your thoughts before posting. please. It looks quite messy when you make several "+" or "good idea" posts in a row. :P
Just a heads up.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:07 AM, Draks said:

Why do you capatilze every word? Seems like it would take way more effort.

Secondly, rapid exploration of caves and surface areas, to plan where you would build infrastructure and mines are very valid reasons to add something like this.

+1, OP

1 hour ago, PandaMKII said:

So would this new mode of transport be faster than rover and other vehicles? And would it only be able to have 1 storage slot?

It'd have to be balanced so I'd go with yeah. Think purely recon and/or recovery.

Awesome idea!

How about in addition to this, a side car that can be attached to the bike's slot and is built from the vehicle bay, much like the other vehicle-exclusive seats in the game?

The huge advantage of the bike would be the ability to drive around the millions of obstiticals on the planets and much less likely to flip out when it does(pops straight up with no rotation unless you hit it at a funny angle)