twurking_turtle

Making a mecha suit in the printer :D

On 1/5/2017 at 11:26 AM, Fist ME DADDi said:

It would be pretty cool to have little mechas.

Little robots, or a mech suit? Your title starts with suit, but then implies 'robots' lol.

A mech suit would be a good idea, or in the current vein of Astroneer, perhaps an armored mining suit, that could be an advanced item with more available solo power, like an extension or improvement to the base suit.

Perhaps the extended suit could carry more, power more, more strength, and even more stability in the windstorm. For example, the windstorm hits, and although the storm cannot bowl the player over, it can still cause damage to the suit. However, the player is not limited to the slow speed currently in a storm, but can still walk at normal pace (but no sprinting).

Of course, if you give the player something, taketh away. This new suit would also require more power to operate, require regular recharges at a mech/armour station, and can only operate within 500m of the home base it is linked to.

Right now there is a surplus of power in the game, that is easily overcome, so benefits should always have cost, therefore driving the player to continue up each level and challenge.

There also has to be a reason that the Astroneer even needs a mech suit. As stated earlier, perhaps just to have the ability not to worry about incoming storms, or to carry more materials, etc.

THIS IDEA IS SO....SMART. 

To all the posters saying mech suits would be dumb i would like to disagree. you could pick stuff up,drill,walk up mountains more easily,burn barnacles and poisonous plants aswell.

AND HOAW CAN YOU SAY NO TO MECHS I AM DISGUSTED BY THIS COMMUNITY AND OUTRAGED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/s

but in all seriousness i would like the idea of mechs imo

Edited by Wyvyrias
Removed animated meme

On 9.1.2017 at 0:10 AM, PilotChan said:

THIS IDEA IS SO....SMART. 

To all the posters saying mech suits would be dumb i would like to disagree. you could pick stuff up,drill,walk up mountains more easily,burn barnacles and poisonous plants aswell.

AND HOAW CAN YOU SAY NO TO MECHS I AM DISGUSTED BY THIS COMMUNITY AND OUTRAGED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/s

but in all seriousness i would like the idea of mechs imo

Dude, right? Imagine the possibilities! Even imagine playing co-op and having like mech battles with a friend! Also I think it would kind of help when going to other planets!

Edited by Wyvyrias
Removed animated meme (from quote)

Hmm.

Hmm..

Frog.. thought it was a gecko.

Subject matter:  Mechs.

No.

No.

No.

nonononononononono.

;)

The idea of an advancd prosthetic is an interesting one. Though, I see how quickly it turned into a pvp thing... The only real need is a larger backpack, maybe better resource gathering. In terms of an armor style suit, no. Armor only equates to it's relative counterpart, damage. Damage leads to pvp.

1 minute ago, Issac said:

The idea of an advancd prosthetic is an interesting one. Though, I see how quickly it turned into a pvp thing... The only real need is a larger backpack, maybe better resource gathering. In terms of an armor style suit, no. Armor only equates to it's relative counterpart, damage. Damage leads to pvp.

I believe PVP factor of the game is still yet undecided. This would bring so much more to the game meta.

In any case, I understand that some people dislike the PVP factor, so there will probably be an option to chose PVP or PVE when you start a new world.

At least that's how I'd do it.

Just now, piespace said:

I believe PVP factor of the game is still yet undecided. This would bring so much more to the game meta.

In any case, I understand that some people dislike the PVP factor, so there will probably be an option to chose PVP or PVE when you start a new world.

At least that's how I'd do it.

some people do like pvp, sure. But tossing in pvp because it's "hot" doesn't make the game better. In fact there is a thread floating around where there are tons of cons to pvp, vs the only pro being "because I want it". Can we just have one game where we aren't out to kill each other? Is it so much to ask?

2 minutes ago, Issac said:

some people do like pvp, sure. But tossing in pvp because it's "hot" doesn't make the game better. In fact there is a thread floating around where there are tons of cons to pvp, vs the only pro being "because I want it". Can we just have one game where we aren't out to kill each other? Is it so much to ask?

I am personally for PVP but don't really mind if this game won't receive it. As you said, not all games have to have PVP.

Just now, piespace said:

I am personally for PVP but don't really mind if this game won't receive it. As you said, not all games have to have PVP.

Question is, what does PVP offer in terms of gameplay value?

1 hour ago, Issac said:

Can we just have one game where we aren't out to kill each other? Is it so much to ask?

Sadly, I think it might be. (Too much to ask)

They don't have to be Battle Mechs. Has no one seen Aliens?? What about the power loader?

HIY10011_1.jpg

I think its a great idea.

I want multiple mech suits.  Something small like Iron man.  It would double your power and O2 (but only half naturally recharges) and adds 2 slots of storage.  Then I want something like Mech warrior, 4m tall with as much charge as a truck 4 double slots and a giant vacuum large enough to make holes it can pass through.  It would of course require 4 titanium for the main body and 2 titanium 2 lithium for the seat.