Mr_Jamin

Three ideas for researchable items

These are a few of my ideas for new research items. Comments can be submitted with other ideas.

1. A Bulldozer 

Some kind of bulldozer, plow, or steamroller head attachment for vehicles. When creating a base one of the more challenging things about it is making the area flat. The smooth tool helps a great deal, but even there the tool starts making slopes or getting uneven. It would be much nicer and easier if there was an attachment that could either go on the crane or ideally on the front of the truck to flatten the ground horizontally so the base doesn't slope to one side. In addition a bulldozer could be used to make easier roads to drive on, and could possibly get rid of (smooth) boulders or plants that would get in the way of the vehicle. To keep this tool from being overpowered it could actually push up the dirt it smoothed so it had to be put somewhere.

2. A Satellite

A satellite could be launched into space for a multitude of reasons, but my primary idea is that a satellite could take pictures of the planet to send you back a map or some kind of Global Positioning System (GPS) to track your whereabouts. To make it more interesting the satellite might only be accessible for a limited time while its orbiting around the space above you. Other possible features could be a warning alert for upcoming storms, a means of recording yourself on a journey, or sending you down pre-loaded resources wherever you are such as tethers or oxygen.

3. A storage platform

This platform would be one of the expanded module platforms basically with nothing build on it. it would be covered in only attachable modular spots to place storage on, basically as a dedicated space on your base for resources. 

On 1/5/2017 at 9:55 AM, Mr_Jamin said:

These are a few of my ideas for new research items. Comments can be submitted with other ideas.

1. A Bulldozer 

Some kind of bulldozer, plow, or steamroller head attachment for vehicles. When creating a base one of the more challenging things about it is making the area flat. The smooth tool helps a great deal, but even there the tool starts making slopes or getting uneven. It would be much nicer and easier if there was an attachment that could either go on the crane or ideally on the front of the truck to flatten the ground horizontally so the base doesn't slope to one side. In addition a bulldozer could be used to make easier roads to drive on, and could possibly get rid of (smooth) boulders or plants that would get in the way of the vehicle. To keep this tool from being overpowered it could actually push up the dirt it smoothed so it had to be put somewhere.

2. A Satellite

A satellite could be launched into space for a multitude of reasons, but my primary idea is that a satellite could take pictures of the planet to send you back a map or some kind of Global Positioning System (GPS) to track your whereabouts. To make it more interesting the satellite might only be accessible for a limited time while its orbiting around the space above you. Other possible features could be a warning alert for upcoming storms, a means of recording yourself on a journey, or sending you down pre-loaded resources wherever you are such as tethers or oxygen.

3. A storage platform

This platform would be one of the expanded module platforms basically with nothing build on it. it would be covered in only attachable modular spots to place storage on, basically as a dedicated space on your base for resources. 

I am totally on board with all of these I even suggested a bulldozer attachment a week ago or so.  Creating roads now is super tedious .