CKSquadYT

Game Keeps Freezing

I keep trying to start Astroneer but whenever I try to play it freezes on the screen show that it's in alpha, or it freezes right when I go to the place where I can click play (or spawn in). It is really annoying I've tried to reinstall but it doesn't work! Also if I want to try again I have to restart my computer because I cant exit the game! Please help me as soon as you can!

Operating System?

PC/Laptop or Notebook?

Steam or Win10 or Xbox?

Spec if Pc. ie Cpu, Gpu.  Name if it's branded.

Or a Dx Report.

Edited by Martin

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Operating System?

PC/Laptop or Notebook?

Steam or Win10 or Xbox?

Spec if Pc. ie Cpu, Gpu.  Name if it's branded.

Or a Dx Report.

What you mean by operating system. (Please don't make fun of me for that)

PC

Steam

Acer computer, 

Please help me!

Ok, the freeze is a hard lock, or a crash.  Hard locks put your cpu into endless loops where the system is unable to exit the loop.   In some cases, you can wait it out and after 15-20mins the game might unfreeze and exit  with an error msg, but usually it's a forced reboot, which can corrupt your system files and hdd, causing irreparable damage.

The question, what is your system.. sounds like Windows 7/8.1  On your desktop should be an icon called My Computer, right click, select properties, it'll tell you what operating system you're using.  In short, if you start up the pc and end up in what looks like a windows phone setup.. that's win8/8.1 if you're on a desktop it's probably 7.

Or possibly 10.  But hard locks are commonplace for win 8/8.1 which is why alot of people hate it.

Ideally you'll need to make a Dx Report and post it here.  To make a dx report.. I need your system details first.   But you should be able to right click your windows key/button and select Run and then type in Dxdiag and press return key/enter this will create a report, I need to info thats in that report, specifically the first page and second.

Also do you know your acer computers model name? might be displayed near keyboard or on the side/underneath.

Edited by Martin

3 hours ago, Martin said:

I know I have windows 10 but it dosn't sound like a hard lock. Plus it's not a loop, it just when the game starts up it goes well for a few seconds but then freezes before I do anything. I might try to wait around an half hour after it freezes to see if something happens. Also when you open Astroneer in windowed form does it show the logo of it or does it show this weird box? Mine shows a box.

Dxdiag report: The acttachment

DxDiag.txt

I get a black screen with SE logo on it and whirling planets, then a mouse icon then the astroneer login screen.

Sounds like something in the front end isn't loading correctly.  I can't read attachments, apparently.   Do you know what video card you have and have you tried reinstalling drivers, verify files etc, reinstalling game might not fix it, as weird as that is to say.  Some files are left over when uninstalled.  Maybe these are in play when loading. 

Maybe a dev can read your dx and work out if anything is amiss, nothing else I can do.

Edited by Martin

Thanks, but whats a dev? Also I get the SE logo and planet thing too. But I never saw a login screen, maybe I just froze before I got to it.

On 5.1.2017 at 11:06 PM, CKSquadYT said:

Thanks, but whats a dev? Also I get the SE logo and planet thing too. But I never saw a login screen, maybe I just froze before I got to it.

Dev = Developer

As for your issue, please send @SES_Zabir your DxDiag (or he'll read it here since you already posted it). Either way, he got notified.

Same Here But Random times never more then 10 minutes though

I Love The Game but like to play longer then  playing task manager over and over again please help Dev

DxDiag.txt

Capture.JPG

7 minutes ago, fbcb2000 said:

Same Here But Random times never more then 10 minutes though

I Love The Game but like to play longer then  playing task manager over and over again please help Dev

DxDiag.txt

Capture.JPG

HP Pavilion 500-223w

Steam 

14 hours ago, fbcb2000 said:

HP Pavilion 500-223w

Unfortunately, your computer does not fulfill the minimum system requirements for the game, because it only has an integrated graphics processor (GPU). Don't get your hopes high for playing the game on this computer any time soon, unless you add a dedicated graphics card to it.

Edited by Marck