Ferocious

Weather Damage and biodome repair bots.

3 hours ago, Ferocious said:

Oh yeah the pixel cat was just to show some of my old work. Thanks for the complement, I would love for it to be my job  but atm its just a creative hobby of mine that occasionally makes me some money.  I have a lot of free time so I am just having some fun with ideas for a game I really enjoy.

4c48fb0d9c165c5dab20a1f6b9073696.gif

Hover trailer!? Nice :D 

Some suggested fixes to the hover trailer from the general discord channel. Less storage slots + wider chassis.

@Astro-Smurf, @Imnapr_the_PUNdertaker

4abe4cb769c09656e14fe313a458e285.gif

Great idea i had a thread about snow and hail and what it would do. also love the 3d models.

btw can the drone have a little chargimg statiom to land on perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Ferocious said:

Some suggested fixes to the hover trailer...

Let me critique...

Hover should be power hungry, so more batteries.

Slots should be doubled at least, not by quantity, but by quality. Look carefully, even seat need double slot, not two slots. Your "many stores" thing share the same fault.

5 hours ago, PilotChan said:

Great idea i had a thread about snow and hail and what it would do. also love the 3d models.

btw can the drone have a little chargimg statiom to land on perhaps? 

This drone?

9 hours ago, Sad Brother said:

Let me critique...

Hover should be power hungry, so more batteries.

Slots should be doubled at least, not by quantity, but by quality. Look carefully, even seat need double slot, not two slots. Your "many stores" thing share the same fault.

One of the things that was said on the discord channel was that it should not have batteries at all since its only a trailer. I told them it would work the same way an extra truck does. The power is drawn from the back cart first so it would act as a battery. ("Also how would it hover without power?") There are 4 sets of double slots but seats will not go on this since its not a hover craft. You could probably attached a seat  for someone to sit on if you wanted. It has the same amount of slots as the truck. You can also attach a large storage to the front and back just like on the truck. I can see your issue though. The spacing should probably be a bit wider between the 4 front attachment and 4 back.

1 hour ago, Ferocious said:

There are 4 sets of double slots but seats will not go on this since its not a hover craft.

If you want this to be non controllable, it's role get big trouble. If at least one truck in chain would be wheeled, whole chain would need road.

I do not see double slots. Rover has quardo- and Truck has octa-slot.

Just now, Sad Brother said:

f you want this to be non controllable, it's role get big trouble. If at least one truck in chain would be wheeled, whole chain would need road.

I do not see double slots. Rover has quardo- and Truck has octa-slot.

" 4 sets of double slots "=8=octa-slot. The main problem I face is my back rover or truck will get stuck on a rock because there is now drive to it. Often it will slid into a hole. The job of the hover trailer is simply to hover directly behind what ever its attached to. Following only the Y rotation as its pulled. The trailer can also be attached to a hover craft but I have not gotten to work on that yet because I was  messing around with the Idea of little UFO saucers that could pull up resources as a joke with my bf. (Flying saucers should not be implemented unless its a cute workshop mod or something.)

maxresdefault.jpg

love all these ideas.

the stated premise i like even more:  that weather and other effects will slowly damage your base and you have to do routine maintanence and whatever bots, or repair tool you have will have to be fed with various elements.

picture returning to barren after several days only to find module connectors broken and blowing in the breeze, various creatures have chewed through your battery, and your oxygen tank ( no free oxygen.  you should have an O2 generator that runs off of organic [ 1 per 10 minutes, etc.] ) has a hole in it from a meteor shower. 

19 hours ago, Ferocious said:

That's pretty cool. :)

Buuut I actually meant the "built" platforms though, that have the center business piece, with the double connector on either side. Like the trade platform, etc.. except storage tree in the middle. I think the regular 1-resin round platforms should still be limited to the single double connector. Also, I love the hover truck!

1 minute ago, AutoMcD said:

That's pretty cool. :)

Buuut I actually meant the "built" platforms though, that have the center business piece, with the double connector on either side. Like the trade platform, etc.. except storage tree in the middle. I think the regular 1-resin round platforms should still be limited to the single double connector. Also, I love the hover truck!

hmmm, so you mean this tree storage idea but on one of those double resin platforms that you can cycle through,trade platform and vehicle bay?

2 hours ago, NjalStorm said:

the stated premise i like even more:  that weather and other effects will slowly damage your base and you have to do routine maintanence and whatever bots, or repair tool you have will have to be fed with various elements.

picture returning to barren after several days only to find module connectors broken and blowing in the breeze, various creatures have chewed through your battery, and your oxygen tank ( no free oxygen.  you should have an O2 generator that runs off of organic [ 1 per 10 minutes, etc.] ) has a hole in it from a meteor shower. 

At least the oxygen generator is sort of being discussed in the "Let's talk about hunger" thread. Most of everyone would say no to this because it adds too much urgency. Needing to collect oxygen as soon as you start in the game would be putting too much pressure on players, especially beginners since the dev team wants to have a 1-size-fits-all difficulty. And if I want to go out and explore for a day, I don't want to come back and find that my entire base has been essentially griefed by AI. This isn't Rust famiglia

40 minutes ago, kiefac said:

At least the oxygen generator is sort of being discussed in the "Let's talk about hunger" thread. Most of everyone would say no to this because it adds too much urgency. Needing to collect oxygen as soon as you start in the game would be putting too much pressure on players, especially beginners since the dev team wants to have a 1-size-fits-all difficulty. And if I want to go out and explore for a day, I don't want to come back and find that my entire base has been essentially griefed by AI. This isn't Rust famiglia

no free oxygen would provide an extra layer of concern and logistic for your "exploratory " drives.

don't want your base to be ravaged? make sure that shield generator is powered up and has energy to last until you come back.

1 minute ago, NjalStorm said:

no free oxygen would provide an extra layer of concern and logistic for your "exploratory " drives.

But we already have that. If you don't have tethers and make sure they're connected, or if you go running out into the middle of nowhere and forget that you need oxygen, you're screwed.

2 minutes ago, NjalStorm said:

don't want your base to be ravaged? make sure that shield generator is powered up and has energy to last until you come back.

Maybe with fragile things like the biodome or the solar arrays, but we can only assume that whatever agency sent us down onto the planet in the first place would make sure that most objects we can build can withstand a few rocks hurled towards it, or being frozen, or being a little hot. Especially since they would have had to do that to go into space and travel at interstellar speeds in the first place... Having a space freighter that can't withstand a few rocks or w/e at the speeds they would be going would be useless.