Sound settings reset as soon as I close them

Every time I launch the game the sound is reset and when I go into the menu to turn the music back off and close the menu then re open it the slider is all the way to the right again. I usually have my own music playing by this point so not sure if after changing the setting it actually resets or just the slider does but the sound for sure resets every time I launch the game. I'm playing on steam

I wanted to share the same problem: i go to settings, change the sound, go out of menu, and back in, and the sound is again on maximum for everything.

I'm playing on steam, mouse and keyboard

• 2 months later...

Maybe this is why the devs haven't bothered to enable the sound options for Xbox One. I've been wondering a lot abut why we (on Xbox One) are missing all the things from Optons (other than the invert axis setting). Perhaps it's because currently there's no way to "apply" or "save" those settings specifically the audio settings. I would love to be able to turn off just the music, but still have SFX (although having volume adjust is a must, as its standard for most games nowadays) because after a ton of gameplay hours I'm really kinda sick of the music tbh. It's my bad as game music goes, it's actually ok, but any game music can get annoying after awhile (even more so when you're prone to migraines). So maybe this is why the devs haven't rushed to add these audio settings to the Xbox version of Astroneer. I do hope it gets sorted soon, for everyone :) Also, I hope the incredibly obnoxious repetitive hissing air noise (which seems to appear later in gameplay, most often associated with low FPS/performance issues, and can occur on both on PC and Xbox) will be addressed in the next patch. While it may not be game-breaking in a traditional sense, it is game-breaking in that it makes the game untolerable so it's not playable anymore because of the assault on the eardrums. I'm not sure how, but it seems to be tied to dropping FPS/performance.