miertam

[Merged] Stuck In Platform/Node/Base Terrain

I was just working on a new base so I leveled out the ground and got everything nice and smooth and then I build a smelter..and got my astroneer stuck in it. In an attempt to jog him free I quit the game to the main menu when I logged back in he was still stuck and  the ground around my base has risen up around it. It still looks pretty smooth but it now covers the nodes.. You can just make out my head poking out the smelter in the screen shot and the subsidence  is really obvious. Does anyone know a way to kill yourself and respawn at base?

20170104163722_1.jpg

Edited by Wyvyrias
Adjusted title after merge

Hello, I was playing Astroneer and I built an extension off of my ship, when I did this it built it right where I was, so I got stuck inside it...

Here is a photo

20170106075351_1.jpg

Edited by xander1111

I've recently encountered the problem of adding on to my base and having my astronaut getting stuck in the building. Sometimes I can close the game and open it back up and get unstuck but mostly it just makes the file unplayable. 

I made the Vehicle Platform and got stuck in the ground and my character was "floating" halfway in the ground. I Alt-Tabbed out the game to look for a fix on-line and when I returned my character had come unstuck.

Would suggest a "respawn" quick fix to prevent potential future annoyances on this issue.

1. Mouse/keyboard? Controller? 

Mouse & Keyboard

2. Steam? Xbox?

Steam

3. What were you doing leading up to this bug?

Extended from the spaceship towards me.
    Placed down platform in front of me
    Must of been to close 

4. Any steps that we can take to reproduce the bug on our end is appreciated.

stand close while making platform

bug.png

I started my base and extended it. the platform moved towards a rock i was standing beside, and i got trapped inside the platform. My character looked like they were falling. Did not find a way out.

resolved. jumping straight up has different mechanics than jumping in a direction in this scenario.

got the same problem here, stuck inside a module after saving the game :( now when i start the game back, i can't get out of it. Was exploring the moon then now i can't use that saved game anymore until that bug is fixed :(

.117 happen to me when I get down from small spaceship (by using "1 sit" control made with 3d printer)

Edited by MaximilianPs

Happened on x box one s (got the latest patch already)

bug/glitch:

wanted to lift myself up using the deform tool in raise mode  - he glitched through the hill, got stuck in the ground floating around only the head was visible. Wasn't able to free him with the jump button - he "deglitched" himself - I don't know how . had this one before.

For reconstruction:

use the deform tool to raise the ground under your feet

Steam - Mouse and Keyboard

Truck go stuck on top of Smelter.

Came out from under ground and took a little air before landing on top of the smelter.  Now can't get the truck off nor use the Smelter.  I even tried winching it free with no luck

A possible solution I just found. If you can pick up a seat off one of your vehicles AND you can get it close enough you can tab into it and that will get you out of the building. I just freed myself from under a trade platform that way there was just a fraction of a second when I could jump in but with enough tries I hit it just right.

A fix might be to make shift tab bring you to the front of a nearby building.

I built a second habitat that isn't yet connected to the rest of my base. It's completely free standing, no connections. While trying to get into a vehicle next to the habitat I accidentally tabbed into the habitat instead. Now I'm stuck inside it with no prompt to tab out. If I'm not mistaken, items that are created from the printer when places on the ground have a little tire like base that appears around them for stabilization, this habitat does not have that. It's like it's floating in the air about a foot off the ground. I think a quick fix especially during early development would be to include a suicide button or reset button in the menu as the menu is always accessible and would account for any weird sticks or clipping out of the map. 

Windows 10 64

Mouse/Keyboard

A game breaking bug... don't stand inside of things while you're building them, you will get stuck inside of that building with no way out unless you close the game without saving, i'm on steam from a PC.... idk what else to say... it's pretty self explanatory

Experienced the same bug when building the initial module platform. Quitting, loading and then jumping succeeded in freeing my little astronaut.

Edit: all specs etc. as described by elefanta + almost identical screenshot!

Edited by Kurremkarmerruk
Just saw elefanta's post

This also happened to me. I was building a new base on Exotic planet and when I re spawned in the game a plant grew into my habitat and now I'm completely stuck. I had to make a new world. Everytime i tried to mine it would put me back in the hab because they use they same button. Its kinda funny lol but also depressing cause I spent a lot of time on the world

Run the same stuck in structures-bug on Xbox One. Managed to twiggle me way out, but this seem to happen too easily without any warning.

I also managed to push my character under terrain by digging a hole, and then filling it up while standing in small angle. Again, the bug fixed itself quickle. I have to learn to record gameplay on xbox before I try to replicate this bug.

In one save fell into a 'plant', managed to clip inside it. View is stuck inside it as soon as I try and interact after loading the save. Removing or adding ground beneath me doesn't help, nor does walking.

Clipped into plant inside.png

Clipped into plant outside.png

Mouse and keyboard on Steam. I was going to build my first research table, was too close I'm guessing and was stuck in the table when it was built. 

I tried jumping out of it, building the ground up underneath table to try to climb out of it, and running out of it. Nothing worked.

Existed game and reloaded. Character was able to jump right out of the table this time. 

Windows 10 - Steam

Created a video with the glitch. Tried logging out to reset but a new glitch appeared. The area I flattened went back to original terrain then disappeared when i used the terraforming tool. Hope it helps.