New Patch but no Notes? 0.2116.0

So I got a patch (0.2116.0 - 43mb) a few hours ago, but I still see no notes or posts on it.

Have you been updated? What's different?

I haven't played it yet.

Edited by travin
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HellHasNoFear said:

While Xbox still sits on 0.10109, ?

Jeez, by now everyone should have at least heard that the xbox update process is more time consuming due to MS certification process. Also the christmas and new year hollidays will Not have helped either. I think you can be thankfull for having EA even on a console.

Cheers

I'm assuming some optimization, I felt like the game ran a bit smoother even when I had 60 tethers placed down.

ive noticed a new bug in MP though where if your not host sometimes you can't harvest various resources, for me it was power crystals and resin -.-

Correct, OP needs to mention they are on the 'experimental' branch in steam.

Opt out if you don't want random and possibly game/computer breaking patches downloaded out of the blue.

So far I've noticed some improvement in fps, there's still a memory leak, over 3 hours fps drops to about 30.  Which is a big improvement.

Tethers don't seem to cause fps drops I don't think they've been an issue since 111, however, vehicles tethered together still are and tethered to base somewhat.

I noticed on a full base, looking at the base with a default 62 fps, it dropped to 45.  Looking away back to 62, moving about 20-30m away 62 and it remained pretty solid at 62 for about 2 hours.  After establishing a 2nd base on moon, it started to drop to around 35 and eventually 30.  When I logged.

Was also getting some stuttering/video lag, but I think that was caused by running obs studio whilst broadcasting over steam.  When I ended the steam streaming, the stuttering vanished.

Trucks and rovers still paper light, but you seem to stay in the drivers seat more, get safely ejected from the ground if you sink into it.  Watch for truck tho, if you put a large solar on the front of it, exiting veh will get you stuck behind the solar, just remove it to free yourself.

Also if you get stuck underground, can't swim to surface anymore, have to go down into a cave and drop death to floor to escape.

Didn't reload game, so don't know if reload issues are still present, wanted to test satellite mini game,  game wasn't appearing on the last 3 attempts, but that was after reloading game, however this time I didn't find a satellite. 

Truck was last researched item, had to goto moon to find enough research items.  My new 116 start was on an exceptionally green and yellow world, blinding during the day.

I actually managed to do a forward 360 roll in the rover and remained in the seat the entire time, got a few "Woahs" from chat lol. Keep forgetting I'm setup as Experimental Branch atm.

Edited by Martin
16 hours ago, PanterA said:

This is on the EXPERIMENTAL branch.

Yes, but they've previously provided notes on experimental releases so I'm asking about it.

9 hours ago, Martin said:

So far I've noticed some improvement in fps, there's still a memory leak, over 3 hours fps drops to about 30.  Which is a big improvement.

Tethers don't seem to cause fps drops I don't think they've been an issue since 111, however, vehicles tethered together still are and tethered to base somewhat.

I noticed on a full base, looking at the base with a default 62 fps, it dropped to 45.  Looking away back to 62, moving about 20-30m away 62 and it remained pretty solid at 62 for about 2 hours.  After establishing a 2nd base on moon, it started to drop to around 35 and eventually 30.  When I logged.

Was also getting some stuttering/video lag, but I think that was caused by running obs studio whilst broadcasting over steam.  When I ended the steam streaming, the stuttering vanished.

Trucks and rovers still paper light, but you seem to stay in the drivers seat more, get safely ejected from the ground if you sink into it.  Watch for truck tho, if you put a large solar on the front of it, exiting veh will get you stuck behind the solar, just remove it to free yourself.

Also if you get stuck underground, can't swim to surface anymore, have to go down into a cave and drop death to floor to escape.

Didn't reload game, so don't know if reload issues are still present, wanted to test satellite mini game,  game wasn't appearing on the last 3 attempts, but that was after reloading game, however this time I didn't find a satellite. 

Truck was last researched item, had to goto moon to find enough research items.  My new 116 start was on an exceptionally green and yellow world, blinding during the day.

I actually managed to do a forward 360 roll in the rover and remained in the seat the entire time, got a few "Woahs" from chat lol. Keep forgetting I'm setup as Experimental Branch atm.

Thanks for the great feedback and notes. Some things to look for, I'll add mine later.

Anyone else?

I just opened the game and my version say  0.2117.0 I still have low frame rates but it looks like they did fix some graphics bugs went testing and old save.

The most obvious fix from 0.2.116.0 to 0.2.117.0 was the correction to multiple resources appearing in discovered modules and multiple pods appearing/re-appearing on plants.

In 116 I got six resources out of one drop balloon rather than two. Fortunately I didn't have to report it because 117 fixed it.

I've got the 0.2117.0 version too. I haven't played with it a lot but Ive noticed some significant frame rate jumps, 20+

Yep definitely some fps gains in 117, notice research items lie on their side now, not "clicked" into place.  Got 2 cubes from one location. 

Trucks still misbehaving.

Winch is working better as well, it winds in stuff now, but doesn't seem to quite have the strength to pull it all the way. Also pulls towards the fixed point, if truck is empty.

And I have plants growing inside my house, again.

16 hours ago, Martin said:

Satellite mini game?

17 hours ago, Frigidman said:

Correct, OP needs to mention they are on the 'experimental' branch in steam.

Opt out if you don't want random and possibly game/computer breaking patches downloaded out of the blue.

Too bad there is not a better comment system to flag any too-far-off-par comments.

Edited by Ashley Smith

One thing I noticed from 115 to 117exp is that 115 used 1.2Gb of VRAM and stressed my card at about 80% whereas 117exp uses just over 0.8Gb but stresses that card to about 95%. It looks like some more CPU work may be offloaded to the GPU which is likely to be good.

22 minutes ago, Ashley Smith said:

Too bad there is not a better comment system to flag any too-far-off-par comments.

Eh?  Too far off par.. Sounds like the intro to a song.  Too Fa Off Pa.. Too Fa Off Pa! Singit!

@Teh_Leviathan  There's a minigame connected to finding and powering certain satellites you find in the caves.  Lately it hasn't been working for me.  So I wanted to test it to see if it was fixed or not.  Given some other connection opinions on other bugs, I think it may not be, after reloading the game.  Will maybe try later with the Exp, 117 patch version.

Edited by Martin
1 minute ago, Martin said:

@Teh_Leviathan  There's a minigame connected to finding and powering certain satellites you find in the caves.  Lately it hasn't been working for me.  So I wanted to test it to see if it was fixed or not.  Given some other connection opinions on other bugs, I think it may not be, after reloading the game.  Will maybe try later with the Exp, 117 patch version.

Cool. I've found some satellites in the wild but haven't got them back to base yet cos I haven't researched the necessary equipment in my current save. This is now my new goal.

Don't need to move them, infact, at the moment, it would be best not to move them, as moving them can also "possibly" break the minigame.  You should be able to "power" them using the tethers.  Once done, look for blinking lights, then check your homebase habitat for clues.

Fyi, there's 3 main types, the solar panel supply power, the sputniks give minigame and other partial broken sats that don't actually do anything.

Edited by Martin