IndieCrypt

P.O.D the Personal Overhead Drone

Just now, thecarlocarlone said:

This game is about a human (or a group of humans) colonizing a new world, so why are they not working together?

I haven't suggested any way they wouldn't be working together. Just like in real life, people often work together but don't always have the same viewpoint and method of working. Sometimes those methods and viewpoints aren't as friendly and cooperative as you'd expect. It doesn't mean they aren't cooperating or not your friend. It just means they aren't necessarily doing things that make the game progress the way you see it.

5 minutes ago, travin said:

In coops, resources often disappear and prevent you from personally progressing. What if I dig a hole to make a personal stash of resources, will everyone automatically know about it? Should they? Or could I stash things and later share that information as necessary by giving them one of my pods?

3 minutes ago, thecarlocarlone said:

if we're building a base together.... why should we steal resources to each other places?

Sorry i miss read!!

maybe we need an in-game chat or something, maybe a comunication method that relied on simple symbol like: resource/object + action + location.

7 minutes ago, thecarlocarlone said:

if we're building a base together.... why should we steal resources to each other places?

We've sidetracked from my idea, I don't want to discuss social politics.

The idea is that you could share with other people the information that you have stored in your pod. Or someone could pick up your pod and see what information you've stored.

11 hours ago, IndieCrypt said:

You cannot edit a post after fifteen minutes... ;) 

For me it's 5 minutes across several platforms and browsers.

On 1/12/2017 at 2:54 PM, thecarlocarlone said:

I agree with you, but since the multiplayer is supposed to be a coop, where people work together to colonize a solar system.

This game is about the 25th century gold rush. You don't colonize the solar system, you are risking your life for the chance to strike it rich. Read the game desc. ;)

Edited by supertroopa

Also, I think that the P.O.D. should be able to be blown away by Storms, and if you go on the planet Arid (Which is always constantly windy) it will get blown away almost instantly. So if you have your drone with you while you are flying through space, if you try to land on Arid, you will get an alert that says: "Your P.O.D. cannot resist the winds on this planet. If you enter this planet, DO NOT deploy your P.O.D. or it will be blown away." Then you have to click the "OK" button to continue. (You will only get this alert twice because it would get annoying for someone who always sees the alert to have to see it again and again every time they try to land on the planet Arid.) I also think that the P.O.D. should be like the small generator, and you have to craft the P.O.D. using a generator in the recipe, and when you put organic on the P.O.D.'s generator slot, it will split the energy it generates evenly between the player and the P.O.D. How do you like these ideas? :)

Just a +1 on the entire concept of a drone helping you doing things. [It wont survive long in my multiplayer sessions though, got too much TNT being used to blow the planet in half]