Gabriel E.

Built in scanner on the deformer tool

Recommended Posts

Sometimes I get bored and feel I'm going nowhere when looking for resources and not finding any. My idea is to have a built in scanner on the deformer tool, so we can press some button and it would show us where the resources are. In my opinion this would make the game more enjoyable and to the point.

Edited by Gabriel E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice ideal, though I feel like this would be more satisfying as an upgrade as opposed to just being available from the start.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scrublord said:

Nice ideal, though I feel like this would be more satisfying as an upgrade as opposed to just being available from the start.

 

Yes, and maybe even the scanner reach could be upgraded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it would make it too easy once you got this. Unless you limit it in some way. Maybe it bings that a resource is near, but it doesn't say which resource. Either a dot, or just some confirmation text. And maybe there's a creature or something that can also be detected by it, like another kind of plant species.

Maybe even have it be an item that you can craft that works like the filters. Where it only has so many uses before becoming useless.

Edited by Devious_Oatmeal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Devious_Oatmeal said:

Maybe it bings that a resource is near, but it doesn't say which resource. Either a dot, or just some confirmation text.

I think that's ok. The main point here is to avoid those long and frustrating walks getting nowhere and using tethers. When you don't have much time to play, this is really bad. Don't know about you guys but when this happens I feel like I've wasted my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gabriel E. said:

I think that's ok. The main point here is to avoid those long and frustrating walks getting nowhere and using tethers. When you don't have much time to play, this is really bad. Don't know about you guys but when this happens I feel like I've wasted my time.

It could be said that this is part of the explorer's experience. Not every venture can end on a good note. When this happens to me though, I just see it as a fun adventure and exploration. You know. 'It's the journey not the destination'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Devious_Oatmeal said:

It could be said that this is part of the explorer's experience. Not every venture can end on a good note. When this happens to me though, I just see it as a fun adventure and exploration. You know. 'It's the journey not the destination'.

I get your point! Maybe you'd want to upgrade your deformer with a scanner, maybe not. So having that choice would be good for everyone I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now