Marck

Solar System Challenge

I love this! Great job! B|

This is the kind of creativity we need. Although system and build limitations prevent me from taking you up on this challenge, I look forward to devising additional challenges as the game is optimized and more content is added.

9 hours ago, travin said:

I love this! Great job! B|

This is the kind of creativity we need. Although system and build limitations prevent me from taking you up on this challenge, I look forward to devising additional challenges as the game is optimized and more content is added.

The only real limitation is the Trade Platform and the Fuel Condenser.  Outside of that the Base Points is really just a measurement of how many structures you built on your journey.  In my attempt at this challenge I have tried to build pretty minimal because I wanted to see how few I could build but that isn't to say I am doing it the correct way.

11 minutes ago, ApoNono said:

The only real limitation is the Trade Platform and the Fuel Condenser.  Outside of that the Base Points is really just a measurement of how many structures you built on your journey.  In my attempt at this challenge I have tried to build pretty minimal because I wanted to see how few I could build but that isn't to say I am doing it the correct way.

Ironically I've never regularly built a trade platform or fuel condensor. In both cases, it was much faster just to mine it myself. Mining hydrazine which is pretty much the first thing I run into when I first open a mine (when I need aluminum and copper) is much easier than standing there clicking a button fo sho.

The New shuttle every trip might be a necessary element to this challenge.  I just tried the radiated planet and after building the node off the shuttle I could no longer extend the connector from the shuttle. I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

Edited by miertam
typo

6 minutes ago, miertam said:

The New shuttle every trip might be a necessary element to this challenge.  I just tried the radiated planet and after building the node off the shuttle I could no longer extend the connector from the shuttle. I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

I have not run into this yet during this challenge.

I have had to do a single resin extend and then extend off of that to build the base (which makes the smallest base on each planet 2 Base Points). I have not planned enough to only need a single platform on a planet yet ... though I am sure it is 100% possible.

16 minutes ago, ent|ty said:

Ironically I've never regularly built a trade platform or fuel condensor. In both cases, it was much faster just to mine it myself. Mining hydrazine which is pretty much the first thing I run into when I first open a mine (when I need aluminum and copper) is much easier than standing there clicking a button fo sho.

Yeah, I tend to not use either of those buildings on normal play sessions either.  I always felt like they both took away from my desire to explore and it always seemed faster to go find them myself. :)

I feel gipped. We need more Bean. I know he's going to school and such, but you better add regular content with Bean. It's Bean's reaction to you, his comments and the banter back and forth that will make this channel a success.

In fact, I won't subscribe until more Bean. >:-|

It's all good so far though. :D

14 minutes ago, ent|ty said:

I feel gipped. We need more Bean. I know he's going to school and such, but you better add regular content with Bean. It's Bean's reaction to you, his comments and the banter back and forth that will make this channel a success.

Believe me, I am trying to figure out how to get him to be more involved now that school is back and going. I will make sure he reads this and see if it motivates him to get back into the swing of things again.

Edited by ApoNono

Vampire Astroneer: you can only be in caves and travel outside at night. if the sun touches you you die

(first day is ok but then you must not allow the sun to hit you. this can be done via small backpack solar panels)

On 1/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, ent|ty said:

Bean will be back in episodes beginning Monday, Jan 16th. :)

In episode 9, ApoNono was wrecked by a storm and a game glitch that made him lose valued items, and resources that he had prepared for his lift-off from the Exotic planet. This might have granted us an additional episode in this challenge. ;)

3 hours ago, Marck said:

In episode 9, ApoNono was wrecked by a storm and a game glitch that made him lose valued items, and resources that he had prepared for his lift-off from the Exotic planet. This might have granted us an additional episode in this challenge. ;)

That decision that led to the death was not a good one lol.  If it was Bean he would have jumped out, danced, ran circles around his base, and then got into the ship without a death.

Just got to add: Multiplayer let's 2ppl use the same shuttle. No need to require a Spaceship if you don't want.

Also, to go to another planet, you need 3 Resin, 2 Aluminum for a vehicle bay, 4 compound for a shuttle (2 more if you can't reuse your seat)

This means a minimum of 9 resources per planet hop. You can carry 10 on your person (2 in the shoulders) 8 on a cargo rack that fits on the shuttle, and 2 more on the shuttle sides.

This means from Tundra, you can hop immediately to 2 others without needing to set up more than a Vehicle Bay.

I like no tether runs. Cave trucking is where it's at. ?

1 hour ago, Peacekeeper said:

Multiplayer let's 2ppl use the same shuttle. No need to require a Spaceship if you don't want.

That's true, but only if you want to give up on the extra storage rack and just go with the storage that the backpack of the second player gives you.

For multiplayer with more than 2 players, a spaceship with 4 seats is probably preferable over allowing free multiple personnel trips (without payload). It raises the demand for (copper) resources to compensate a little for the increased storage space that comes with the additional backpacks. A spaceship with four seats has exactly the same additional payload as a shuttle with 1 seat; with 3 player co-op, you could use a spaceship with a 3-seat and restrict yourself to one small storage rack as payload (plus the resources that you can put on the two fuel nozzles that both shuttle and spaceship have).

1 hour ago, Peacekeeper said:

This means from Tundra, you can hop immediately to 2 others without needing to set up more than a Vehicle Bay.

You forget that you also need hydrazine to fuel the shuttles. It is a little easier with multiplayer, because you get extra backpack space, but you also need more resources for a spaceship.

I wasn't think of 4 person multiplayer. That would be awesome!

If anyone wants to try this challenge multiplayer, just throw me a PM. We could probably do it in under 2hrs.

I fear that this challenge might not be feasable with multiplayer in the game's current state. But it would be awesome if you manage to do it anyways! Please, let us know about your experiences, when you attempt it.