vehicle that have a drill in front

HampusTheGamer

Hi!

Astroneer would be cool with a new veichle, a rover of some sort that have a drill in front that you can lower and make it higher in caves and above ground for exploring and mining stuff :)

Edited by HampusTheGamer
missed some information

Well, I suggest implementing a "mole" (TBM) instead. Drill is already a thing.

mole.png

Edited by gp.

While I haven't tried this myself, a youtuber I was watching discovered that if you put a drill head on the front of your truck, you can dig while driving by holding left click. He even goes around digging through terrain with it, so we can be sure that it works.

3 minutes ago, Petrataur said:

While I haven't tried this myself, a youtuber I was watching discovered that if you put a drill head on the front of your truck, you can dig while driving by holding left click. He even goes around digging through terrain with it, so we can be sure that it works.

I've tried although it works, it's horrible and doesn't dig high enough for the truck to fit. 

5 minutes ago, HellHasNoFear said:

I've tried although it works, it's horrible and doesn't dig high enough for the truck to fit. 

This might actually solve the eternal conundrum of "oh crap there are so many rocks in the way of my rover", however!

1 hour ago, gp. said:

Well, I suggest implementing a "mole" (TBM) instead. Drill is already a thing.

mole.png

how will this thing work as if it comes to the game? :P

Put it vertical and have it drill directly down or at a 45 degree angle! Now you have a neat elevator!

But the terraformer is already kind of like this thing. it just needs a larger radius and it could accomplish the same goal as this machine, without the bulkiness.

I was just having this problem in the game. Finally got a drill head on the front of my truck but was disappointed with the radius it drills. Was hoping to start at an angle and drive on through making a tunnel. If anything, the radius of the drill head could be increased.

Perhaps this could be implemented in the game once the player can create rails and a train, where something like this would most likely be set up on .

On 3/1/2017 at 4:44 PM, HellHasNoFear said:

Just got mine and yup, the drill is like one meter wide and the truck is like two and a half meters, so it's not worth much yet.

I like Caterpillars, Shield and especially shield lifter control, but...

1.You need somewhere to sit, but upper slots are to high.

2.May be upper slot should be 4-points. Like Double-double slot.

3.Back connector should be like Track, not Rover. They are different.

14 minutes ago, Sad Brother said:

You need somewhere to sit, but upper slots are to high.

Maybe a littlie bit.. it's hard to say without actual in-game models.

17 minutes ago, Sad Brother said:

Back connector should be like Track, not Rover. They are different.

:D didn't notice it, you're right. 
Either way, It's just a concept, made for fun.

17 hours ago, gp. said:

ryssmv.jpg

This is a really great design sketch.  I'm guessing it doesn't take you much time to sketch it up based on the skill.  I'm sure this helps the dev's more then just a bunch of text.  Keep it up.

On 09.01.2017 at 1:20 AM, gp. said:

Either way, It's just a concept, made for fun.

It is good concept, would you make slightly different one?

1.Instead of shield use two or three bore heads on rotating plank.

2.Show one or two supports in each caterpillar.

@gp. Love the sketch fits in perfectly with the current feel of the game.  I would just add some cutting disk to the front of the shield.

• 4 weeks later...
On January 8, 2017 at 9:03 PM, gp. said:

ryssmv.jpg

That is quite an Amazing Concept, You should really forward this to one of the devs

Edited by Lithium

Just the track truck/rover would make driving easier. The rover/truck should not get airborne over every bump in terrain.