Delvin White

ASTRONEER CLASSES,SKILL POINTS,SUITS, FOODS

Probably mentioned already but Game need classes and skill points! Tools for each class.Suits with different abilities.i.e. Jump Suit, Armored Suit, Fire Res.Frost Res.Suit, etc. 

Scientist- Alchemy, Formulas, etc Hand Held Bio Scanners, Chemistry 

Engineer- Structual Builder, Demolision and Explosives ,Ability to builds roads

Scout- Larger Oxygen Supply, Scouting Drones, Binoculars,Etc

Mechanic- Fixes damage structures, Builds new Vehicles, Increased driving skills 

Defensive- Increased health, stun gun, Shields, Base Defense

I like this idea, but only if they can manage to fit it in without the use of a HUD or other interface, like they have done so far.

I like how they have managed to design this game with no HUD, putting oxygen and power indicators on your backpack instead. This is part of the reason I'm against hunger, how would they show that you're hungry without using a HUD item?

If they can fit this in without making an interface you need to pull up to add skill points, then yes. Maybe they could do it more as a gear-based leveling up system rather than character leveling up, so rather than progressing your character's skillset you are progressing his array of tools. Lots of your ideas are already item-based rather than skill-based (for example the Scout could have exclusive access to the drones and binocs, and maybe is the only class that can use O2 tanks on the shoulder slots, or something).

1.Yeah. Awesome!! I think they can just add an organic food meter on the top or bottom of the back pack. They food should last for a good while and consume much, much slower than oxygen.when it gets low it should just read starving like the suffocating alert. But of course you would have a longer period to find food before perishing.

2.When you have the correct resources to level up a tool, we can simply see the tools level of progression and when it can be upgrade on the side of the backpack nearest the tool. I love how mostly.everything is based from the backpack.

Personally i don't like this idea, i think this game isn't a "real" survival (so no food) and isn't an MMO (no classes), i think the game logic needs to stay the same

I understand that perspective but what if they strattled the line a little to make the game more challenging. If they implement food doesn't mean it has to be realistic at all. You may only be required to eat once in a while because food last for a significant time in the backpack etc.

And add a little incentitives for using the tools such as a upgrades that may allow for less battery usage,etc.  I agree with you to some degrees?

I don't like this idea at all.

I think they should stick with what they have going: research for new tools and structures. I think this system has plenty of potential for development, such as: suit/backpack upgrades, terrain tool upgrades, vehicle/structure upgrades, more vehicles, more structures, robot assistants, satellites, space station, etc.

This game is about exploring the universe and constructing cool/interesting technologies. Adding in skills and a class system would severely detract from their intended game type simply because it would occlude the ostensible meta.

many people dont understand A game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration. food and suits are toleratable but not classes, its going to ruin the game, way too many people want PVP :( this game should just be PVE , they should stick with what they have going and what the game really is and not change the game at all with Guns and everything

1 hour ago, Dioscoros said:

many people dont understand A game of aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration. food and suits are toleratable but not classes, its going to ruin the game, way too many people want PVP :( this game should just be PVE , they should stick with what they have going and what the game really is and not change the game at all with Guns and everything

totally agree with you, but i think food it's a big error to add

Yeah, I personally don't like this idea either. I think it should stick to a creative, free roam, survival feel, like that of Minecraft. Classes would make it too complicated and would make single player less fun, as one player could not have all of those abilities. It would be too multiplayer based.

I think if we add enough modular attachments/upgrades to the player's suit and deform tool, and make different upgrades mutually exclusive, then you can effectively create the same type of idea as "classes".

Just as a quick example that jumps to mind, the deform tool could receive an upgrade geared toward an "engineer" which allows them to repair buildings or vehicles, if damaged caused by storms or fender benders ever gets added to the game.

The upgrades could be expensive to replace, offering some feeling of having chosen a class that you will stick with at least for a while. This way it's not like you just have access to all "classes" at will so long as you have every different upgrade lying around in storage.