LifetSavert911

My Crane Is Stuck!

I am new to the game so I did something to see what would happen. I created a shuttle and then tried to create a crane. After I created the crane, it was having collision issues. I took of the habitat and the crane fell off the shuttle. Now, the crane is in the ground upside down next to my vehicle bay. There is a tether attachment like for vehicles or the habitat and I can use this. I cannot get my crane out of the ground and therefore cannot use it. Any way to fix this? If not, at least it will be a known bug. Thank you.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by LifetSavert911

Well, the crane is supposed to be built on a truck, for there is actually no way to move them ( I mean, like you would move a storage, or 1-seat, etc. ), there is not enough slots on the rover to put a crane AND a seat.

I tried to put a crane on a rover wich already had a 1-seat on it. Very bad idea. The crane finally fell off the rover. I tried to move it using a truck with a winch, so I could mine a few lithium, but after a moment the crane turned upside down. I think it should be not allowed to build a crane on a rover or a shuttle, or it should be allowed to move it.

The only solution I can give you is to dig under this crane, then cover it, and build another one. Well, that's what I did.

13 minutes ago, Whitedog44 said:

Well, the crane is supposed to be built on a truck, for there is actually no way to move them ( I mean, like you would move a storage, or 1-seat, etc. ), there is not enough slots on the rover to put a crane AND a seat.

I tried to put a crane on a rover wich already had a 1-seat on it. Very bad idea. The crane finally fell off the rover. I tried to move it using a truck with a winch, so I could mine a few lithium, but after a moment the crane turned upside down. I think it should be not allowed to build a crane on a rover or a shuttle, or it should be allowed to move it.

The only solution I can give you is to dig under this crane, then cover it, and build another one. Well, that's what I did.

Lol! Yeah I've learned some hard lessons too. The wiki helps but it doesn't give you all the information so I learned some things along the way. I remember the first sand storm. I tried to get back to base and got killed by a rock (cube..). I then decided in the next one to dig a hole and hide but due to some bugs, I fell inside the planet and died. The worst one was recently, I went into a cave and thought it kept going only to fall down a floor or so next to some gas spewing plant that can kill you pretty fast in my rover. I terraformed myself a bridge and drove out. It would be nice if you could pick up the vehicles AND cranes like research or any other item.

4 minutes ago, HellHasNoFear said:

Or start a new game I've started about 20 new games. Once you hit low fps you'll want to anyway. 

I will probably start a new game after I get the hang if it more. I would like to know what I want to do and in what order and then start a new game. I think this game has tons of replay value.

Update: I was not able to dig it out or under the surface to cover it. I was however able to take the truck and ram it a few times to get it loose and on the surface again! Now it sits in silence. Is there a way to now attach it to my truck???

Astroneer_Crane_Free.png