Lack of Content/ suggestions

First and foremost the first 5 hours of this game WAS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST9_9, all this new stuff and building and exploring. After those first few hours i started to think what now, so i flew to new planets and found that there is a lack of the basic materials needed to start off properly. Then i said okay i will go back to my main planet and gather resources where i found my super big truck has vanished and at that point i felt discouraged to go out and find things.

BUT I STILL THINK THIS GAME HAS AMAZING POTENTIAL :D  remind myself its early access and that it only become better, more polished, and have more content will be added  

Suggestions:

• Other planets having research that the main one doesn't
  • Other planets having ores that the main one doesn't 
  • place-able track that makes your vehicle go faster if driving on 
  • Some kind of pets, maybe
  • a mount-able drill to dig 
  • Jet pack
  • Upgrades to the main digger
  • Reward for adventuring, like finding loot deep underground
  • Things you have to craft to be able to survive on the radiated and fire planets
  • Large energy producing unfits that you select after expanding your base, (explanation) like when you are able to select printer or researcher have Windmill or solar panel be one 
  • Make Lithium and Titanium do more 

Still love this game and will play for every update <3 

Edited by evanfp582
4 hours ago, evanfp582 said:

First and foremost the first 5 hours of this game WAS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST9_9, all this new stuff and building and exploring. After those first few hours i started to think what now, so i flew to new planets and found that there is a lack of the basic materials needed to start off properly. Then i said okay i will go back to my main planet and gather resources where i found my super big truck has vanished and at that point i felt discouraged to go out and find things.

BUT I STILL THINK THIS GAME HAS AMAZING POTENTIAL :D  remind myself its early access and that it only become better, more polished, and have more content will be added  

Suggestions:

• Other planets having research that the main one doesn't
  • Other planets having ores that the main one doesn't 
  • place-able track that makes your vehicle go faster if driving on 
  • Some kind of pets, maybe
  • a mount-able drill to dig 
  • Jet pack
  • Upgrades to the main digger
  • Reward for adventuring, like finding loot deep underground
  • Things you have to craft to be able to survive on the radiated and fire planets
  • Large energy producing unfits that you select after expanding your base, (explanation) like when you are able to select printer or researcher have Windmill or solar panel be one 
  • Make Lithium and Titanium do more 

Still love this game and will play for every update <3 

This is a great way to look at the state of the game. For mountable drill, do you mean one attached to your backpack? You can actually research a drill, and attach it to a crane to do digging for you! =)

7 hours ago, p1nkbr0 said:

For mountable drill, do you mean one attached to your backpack?

No, like imagine a rover but the whole front of it is just drill and you can dig in 45 degree angles downwards or upwards

19 hours ago, evanfp582 said:

No, like imagine a rover but the whole front of it is just drill and you can dig in 45 degree angles downwards or upwards

So easier than using the drill already in the game. i like that. I presume it would take up the front double-slot on the truck. =)

I agree this is a great game! I've spent 20 hours and settled on three planets with habitats and vehicles.
After inventing the space ship there seems to be no more inventions. All you get from researching unknown objects are new resources (which I already got plenty of).

What I would like to see in the game:

• One mission of the game could be to start-up civilizations. Then there should be residential, commercial and industrial domes all with their own need for resources (This would make the game a prefect combination of minecraft and city skylines).
  • Longer supply-chains. As it is now it is to easy to get the final products.
  • More hazards (thunder storms, earthquakes, floods, volcanoes) and machinery lifetime (so that vehicles break down after a while, if not serviced).
  • Liquids. It would be cool to go to a water-planet.

Suggested possible inventions in the game:

• Robots that can mine.
  • Drones that can explore.
  • Map to track your world.
  • Satellites to automatically map entire planet.
  • Better, bigger, faster of everything.
  • Explosives
  • Protective suite to avoid get killed by certain mushrooms
  • New minerals
  • Teleportation

What I don't like to see in the game:

• Aliens
  • Warfare
On 1/2/2017 at 4:42 PM, evanfp582 said:

First and foremost the first 5 hours of this game WAS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST9_9, all this new stuff and building and exploring. After those first few hours i started to think what now

Now you get to try and break the game on purpose to discover bugs and potential exploits until a new content patch drops. Then wash, rinse and repeat. :)

Such is the life of Early Access gaming testing.

Post suggestions here: https://forum.systemera.net/forum/3-astroneer-feature-requests-ideas/

edit: do not get discouraged because you lost a vehicle. play on foot only to see how the game feels that way and then offer feedback.

Edited by optyk
6 hours ago, optyk said:

play on foot only to see how the game feels that way and then offer feedback

It is like many other progression games, for the start of the game its fine but once you know there is better you thirst for it 

17 minutes ago, evanfp582 said:

It is like many other progression games, for the start of the game its fine but once you know there is better you thirst for it 

Yeah, I totally get that. Does not mean it's a must-do though and that was the point I was trying to make.

Personally, I play my games without Tethers(they are annoying IMO) -it's a good way to see if the energy/air crystal deposits are abundant enough to support such gameplay.

But as long as Astroneer keeps allowing us to approach and progress through the content in our own way, rather than it being on 'rails' with a linear path, I'll play. But if it turns into a META(most effective tactic avail) then there's no point because it will just be a: "How fast can I get to <fill in the blank>". Which normally leaves people screaming for more content or complaining about the lack thereof because they hastily chewed it up just to "progress".

@SES_Adam is from Ubisoft and they are keen on letting players do things their own way. Hopefully, he brings some of that to Astroneer. :)

3 hours ago, optyk said:

Yeah, I totally get that. Does not mean it's a must-do though and that was the point I was trying to make.

Personally, I play my games without Tethers(they are annoying IMO) -it's a good way to see if the energy/air crystal deposits are abundant enough to support such gameplay.

But as long as Astroneer keeps allowing us to approach and progress through the content in our own way, rather than it being on 'rails' with a linear path, I'll play. But if it turns into a META(most effective tactic avail) then there's no point because it will just be a: "How fast can I get to <fill in the blank>". Which normally leaves people screaming for more content or complaining about the lack thereof because they hastily chewed it up just to "progress".

@SES_Adam is from Ubisoft and they are keen on letting players do things their own way. Hopefully, he brings some of that to Astroneer. :)

Well written, and I agree completely. Each game type has their time and place, but I find the free form, non-theme-park games to be the most fun! =)