0.2.115.0 - DECEMBER 29th, 2016

For future posts to the patch notes threads you might want to mention the availability of beta testing through steam. I very much enjoy helping you guys with the newest versions, and I think there a still a lot of people in the dark about this feature. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/3/2017 at 2:44 PM, Vaiks said:

If a game is available on Steam is beyond my why anyone would choose another platform...

There are good reasons, like hoping to game with the kids.

There are multiple reasons one would get the game on MS platforms (cross buy, cross play, friend lists, etc). And those platform wars BS should have no place here. We're better than this.

As to why MS will never allow to bypass cert entirely, one simple word: security. XBL is one of the most secure platforms and this is due to such rigorous certification process.

Please do not turn this into a discussion about which platform supposedly is the best to use. Everyone has their own preferences. People purchasing the Windows 10 version usually want to benefit from Play-Anywhere. And even if they buy it just because they don't like Steam, that's their thing. What counts is that you can enjoy playing Astroneer! :D

1 hour ago, Laurent David said:

Well said!

(still waiting for the "Xbox" patch :ph34r:)

9_9

4 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Please do not turn this into a discussion about which platform supposedly is the best to use. Everyone has their own preferences. People purchasing the Windows 10 version usually want to benefit from Play-Anywhere. And even if they buy it just because they don't like Steam, that's their thing. What counts is that you can enjoy playing Astroneer! :D

I professionally hate steam with a passion. And personally I am annoyed by it greatly.

I only hope, that because the Windows 10 store, and Xbox are part of this game's make-up... that things are not sacrificed due to them.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:49 PM, SirGreenDay said:

Its not Microsofts fault.

Certification takes about 24 hours.

The devs just atent patching the XB1 version.

They're concentrating on the PC version and treating the console version as an afterthought.  

That's true. I've played other preview games and they would patch a few times a week. They are just playing favorites, I'm going to refund and wait until they fix this patching thing or the game is fully released. Seems like they ran out of funding, came out with preview to get backers, we paid and they use our money to only concentrate on PC. Definitely getting that money back until I start seeing patches every week and knock off the favorites stuff.

@H1tmanevets, it seems you and @SirGreenDay are correct. I've talked to Microsoft, who told me their approval is automatic, it only takes up to 24 hours, as the image shows.

microsoft support small.jpg

On 04/01/2017 at 10:26 PM, Frigidman said:

I wonder how many times it will need be said, that the delay is not the devs fault, but the M$ certification process. Oh well, people won't read, and will continue to not read, but instead just blame the devs over and over. I'm sure they are immune to it by now.

Version 0.2.108.0 was released on December 20th, 17 days ago.

On Xbox we only have version 0.2.10109.0, which seems to be way older than 0.2.108.0

0.2.111.0 was released on December 22th, supposedly for Xbox, but no sign of it yet.

Up to 24 hours it takes for Microsoft to approve a version seems a little shorter time than 17 days.

On 03/01/2017 at 10:35 PM, SES_Adam said:

On average Xbox updates will take about a week from the moment we start the process to the moment its available for download. Steam, on the other hand, allows us to publish them immediately. 

We're aiming to patch Xbox this week with the latest.

It's been said a patch for Xbox is coming this week. Today is Friday, last day of the week, so let's see.

Could very well have been an issue in the patch that Microsoft's certification process failed on. Sending it back to SystemEra for re-work/resubmit. SystemEra probably will never tell us this, because its really none of our business. But such rejections make things take longer than expected.

We run into this issue with Apple all the time. Even just a benign 'update' to an already approved application... Apple is like "nope, it does such n such, *REJECTED*". I assume Microsoft are better... but we the public will not know for sure what caused any delays. Not for us to know either ;) 

On 5.1.2017 at 3:55 AM, Frigidman said:

Well, the only advantage of that windows 10 store, is if you buy it there, theoretically you now have it on xbox too? or did I get that part wrong. I dont have an xbox, so had no desire to buy from win10 store. Plus I game mostly on my win7 machine lol.

As for the whole process... there will be bugs in the console version that wont even exist on the steam version (and vice versa), because hay, they are different platforms! Some will be cross platform, but some of the more nasty ones wont be.

If you really want to light a fire under something, get microsoft to open up the test branches to skip that silly long approval process. Thats the only way the xbox users (and windows 10 store buyers) will ever get patches quicker. Holding back the patches on the steam version just because of the delay on console, is simply not a good idea. Its actually quite childish. Testing needs to happen on both platforms as fast as they have patches ready. Delaying one or the other is wrong.

Not all games in the Windows 10 store are Play Anywhere! It is not a given!

I told you guys, it doesn't take a week. Seems like they're focused more on making PC better and leaving Xbone behind.

Edited by H1tmanevets
15 minutes ago, H1tmanevets said:

I told you guys, it doesn't take a week. Seems like they're focused more on making PC better and leaving Xbone behind.

They have just sent it in, will be available early next week same time as steam. Don't get ya nickers in a twist. 

3 hours ago, HellHasNoFear said:

They have just sent it in, will be available early next week same time as steam. Don't get ya nickers in a twist. 

Haha :D 

From my experience with submitting stuff for certification on Xbox One it takes a minimum of a week (depending on how important you are). It can be that they're done faster if there's no other important stuff in the certification queue.

The thing that takes 24 hours is the availability of the patch over all the servers where you can download it from.

It might be different for Early Access games though, I don't have any experience with that as my game launched without that.

I wonder if every patch posted will always be followed by pages of "wheres the xbox update?"

Maybe their experiment of holding back the steam updates until the xbox update passes certification, will result in less xbox complaints. I guess I can live with waiting a week on PC for an update, if it means not having to listen to the shrill whine after every patch steam gets.

2 hours ago, Frigidman said:

I wonder if every patch posted will always be followed by pages of "wheres the xbox update?"

Maybe their experiment of holding back the steam updates until the xbox update passes certification, will result in less xbox complaints. I guess I can live with waiting a week on PC for an update, if it means not having to listen to the shrill whine after every patch steam gets.

Can't help yourself, trolling not allowed.

On 1/2/2017 at 1:10 PM, SES_Adam said:

NOTES: We'll continue to address performance and stability as we move through pre-alpha and early access with the games development. Look for those updates in up-coming patches to Astroneer.

Highly anticipating this... Game is unplayable IMO.

8 minutes ago, Verified ✔ said:

if the game does come out officially.... do we have to pay for it again???

Noooooooooooooooooooo.