SES_Adam

0.2.115.0 - DECEMBER 29th, 2016

Undocumented from 0.2.111.0 (already in Steam build):

1. Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save 
  2. Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load 
  3. Likely fix for client being unable to click launch buttons with mouse

New in 0.2.115.0: 

1. Ensure that players joining a Steam MP session are friends with someone currently in session. 
  2. Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister. 
  3. Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload. 
  4. Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers. 
  5. Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds. 
  6. Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else 
  7. Updated the bones discoveries so they have random orientation to terrain. 
  8. Updated the Disovery version of Geysers to not include snapping points.

NOTES: We'll continue to address performance and stability as we move through pre-alpha and early access with the games development. Look for those updates in up-coming patches to Astroneer.

When will 0.2.115.0 update be realeased to XBOX ONE because we're still on update 0.2.109.0 any info would be greatly appreciated! 

1 hour ago, oGREASERo said:

When will 0.2.115.0 update be realeased to XBOX ONE because we're still on update 0.2.109.0 any info would be greatly appreciated! 

Yeah... This delay is frustrating... Microsoft should fix this, at least for pre-alpha games...

56 minutes ago, eLeKaeMe said:

Yeah... This delay is frustrating... Microsoft should fix this, at least for pre-alpha games...

We can be happy that MS is supporting early-access :D

Edited by Slayer197

2 hours ago, eLeKaeMe said:

What's delaying the update do you know the exact reason? Is it Microsoft delaying the update or system era? 

Just now, oGREASERo said:

What's delaying the update do you know the exact reason? Is it Microsoft delaying the update or system era? 

It's Microsoft's certification process. Each patch needs to go through that, there's no way around it.

Just now, Wyvyrias said:

It's Microsoft's certification process. Each patch needs to go through that, there's no way around it.

Oh ok I'm im understanding the process better now! So how long does it take Microsoft to do that a week or two? 

16 minutes ago, oGREASERo said:

Oh ok I'm im understanding the process better now! So how long does it take Microsoft to do that a week or two? 

I feel like Adam told us about that somewhere, but I forgot. But I remember it's about "once per week" (so technically 7 days at most). But I do think the process itself takes around 2 or 3 days.

4 hours ago, oGREASERo said:

Last I heard there should be something within the week!

5 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

I feel like Adam told us about that somewhere, but I forgot. But I remember it's about "once per week" (so technically 7 days at most). But I do think the process itself takes around 2 or 3 days.

Thanks for the help! I love the game and the system era community! 

No tag for Xbox, and no patch thread of it's own yet for this update. Suggests to me that no patch has been submitted for MS certification yet. The last Xbox patch announcement came several days before it arrived on our consoles.

I can stop checking for now, at least :)

50 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

No tag for Xbox, and no patch thread of it's own yet for this update. Suggests to me that no patch has been submitted for MS certification yet. The last Xbox patch announcement came several days before it arrived on our consoles.

I can stop checking for now, at least :)

It doesn't matter a lot at this stage as the patches haven't done a lot to the stability of game play, I probably wouldn't mind if they don't send Xbox an update till they have that sorted. Just means I can't give any up to date feedback. 

I kinda wish I would have gotten the PC version. I am afraid the Xbox patches will be slow to roll out.

I am kind of disappointed with the slow patching on XBOX. If you look at the STEAM patch thread from December 22,  most of these fixes have not arrived on XBOX yet (like Fuel condenser modifications, base level fixes). 12 days have passed since December 22. I cannot believe Microsoft needs 2 weeks to check on a patch. And yes I am aware of the holidays. Still kinda sad to wait that long.

the certification process of the patch from the Microsoft Xbox has always waiting 10 to 15 days ... unfortunately I live as an experience of World Of Tanks as BetaTester.

Just be glad its not on Apple's App store... as when we try to push patches and updates through that, it sometimes takes three weeks! And thats not including them rejecting it due to some arbitrary nonsense.

Microsoft's process MAY be a bit better in that regard, but they still have a queue to follow, and its not instant.

Steam never prechecks anything, they just let developers push it the instant they submit it... which is why Steam is the goto platform for indie developers and doing early access.

Short story: If you bought from Microsoft (win10 store or xbox), you will just have to put up with the delay, and its NOT SYSTEM ERAS FAULT.

If a game is available on Steam is beyond my why anyone would choose another platform...

On average Xbox updates will take about a week from the moment we start the process to the moment its available for download. Steam, on the other hand, allows us to publish them immediately. 

We're aiming to patch Xbox this week with the latest.

21 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:

On average Xbox updates will take about a week from the moment we start the process to the moment its available for download. Steam, on the other hand, allows us to publish them immediately. 

We're aiming to patch Xbox this week with the latest.

Thanks for the update @SES_Adam!  Keep up the fantastic communication and looking forward to watching this game grow and reach it's full potential!

5 hours ago, Vaiks said:

If a game is available on Steam is beyond my why anyone would choose another platform...

I work all day on my computer. The absolute last thing I want to do at the end of the day is sit there at my desk for another 6 hours or so versus kicking back on my couch. Also, I'm on a Mac. You're only considering your own particular preferences and circumstances.

I just got a 43mb update for Astroneer. Is that this 12/29 update or something new?

Something isn't working right if I just got the 12/29 update, considering I'm set to high priority and I've been online a lot

How do I check what version I have?

Thx

Edited by travin

On 1/2/2017 at 3:39 PM, eLeKaeMe said:

Its not Microsofts fault.

Certification takes about 24 hours.

The devs just atent patching the XB1 version.

They're concentrating on the PC version and treating the console version as an afterthought.  

16 minutes ago, travin said:

I just got a 43mb update for Astroneer. Is that this 12/29 update or something new?

Something isn't working right if I just got the 12/29 update, considering I'm set to high priority and I've been online a lot

How do I check what version I have?

Thx

Nevermind, I answered my own questions.

The update I got tonight is 0.2116 but it's not yet documented.