Diogo Gomes

Vulcanism and lava on astroneer!

i was thinking, after seeing those awesome sandstorms, what else non organic antagonist we could have. and then it hit me. it would be awesome if some of those mountains you can climb were actualy vulcanos!! at short range they would spit lava but that lava wouldnt go too far but they would spit toons of ashes that would block sunlight but increase wind power!! no, i dont want underground lava maybey vulcanic chambers but only connected to vulcanos.

i hope this idea is considered, love your game cant stop playing it, your doing a great job, just please dont quit when you see the money starting to rain.

discuss

Nice. Also, let thunderbolts light up that volcanic dust. It could interfere with electrical equipment but be a power source at the same time.

Underground lava could be a nice obstacle. It even may destroy vehicles when not handled witg caution.

20 hours ago, Diogo Gomes said:

i was thinking, after seeing those awesome sandstorms, what else non organic antagonist we could have. and then it hit me. it would be awesome if some of those mountains you can climb were actualy vulcanos!! at short range they would spit lava but that lava wouldnt go too far but they would spit toons of ashes that would block sunlight but increase wind power!! no, i dont want underground lava maybey vulcanic chambers but only connected to vulcanos.

i hope this idea is considered, love your game cant stop playing it, your doing a great job, just please dont quit when you see the money starting to rain.

discuss

love this idea! i think they need to add ice and water too!

Once they add in water, I'd love to see magma, lava, acid, and other liquids in rivers, lakes, oceans, under ground variations, etc. 

I am in love with this idea. There so many different obsticles that can be created from the implimentation of volcanoes. I do believe we would need a stable liquid framework before lava would be possible. But I absolutely agree. Short range lava eruptions would make them less devastating, while longer range ash fallout would still make them a threat. If there were limited magma chambers, located only near volcanoes, it would make exploring for volcanoes a practical quest. (Maybe you could use magma as an energy source as Fly Boy mentions!) and perhaps only a certain kind of resource can be found near them (such as Silica, Magnesium or Iron.) So many ideas come to mind. Geological activity is definitely a big thumbs up from me. 

hey guys i didnt tag it with #idea, so is it still able to get the attention of the developers? 

also hope u like the idea and thanks to people who replied with more ideas!! But take in mind the following:

1.ideas u suggest need to adapt for the type of game that it is, a space themed exploration game and also adapt to the vulcanism and lava,i would like only ideas related to this ( not that i have seen this happen)

2. you have to consider that game difficulty and core gameplay are not drasticly changed or affected... dont suggest ideas that make it too hard nor to easy, balance it up!

again i love the feedback and hope thie idea gets to the developers!

Cool idea. I'm also thinking power: titanium tank encased in concrete... drop into lava (you would tunnel into the side of the caldera, then form a channel leading to a pool), hook up to a steam generator. Would have to find either water or ammonia (which I know is not in game, just thinking spacey).

Acid pools would make an interesting addition. The could wreak havoc on your trucks or other equipment and possibly serve as a resource for some future mechanics or crafting. 

Volcanoes that erupt occasionally and rain down lava bombs at a distance might be fun - like the current storms only you are dodging big fireballs instead of blowing rocks. And we can have ice (methane) volcanoes and other varieties.

see their trello roadmap some of these things are planned for the future, how it would work out.
We don't know yet.
Unless the dev's has been testing something?