• 3 weeks later...

yeah a double slot on top, it would mean you could stack them and possible put a solar collector on top

i mean battery stacks / racks are used in the real world.....so why not?

they're not like solar panels which need airspace above them

more platforms,  i do that, this is just tidier.

I think stackable battery is not a good idea. One point of interest in this game is to manage the building of your bases.

If you make stackable battery, that can also receive a solar panel on top, you'll loose this interest. :(

And beside the time to fully recharge a tower of battery, there's also the problem of each battery that will recharge the one or two others connected. This may cause side effect bugs. ;)

8 hours ago, Gwido said:

I think stackable battery is not a good idea. One point of interest in this game is to manage the building of your bases.

If you make stackable battery, that can also receive a solar panel on top, you'll loose this interest. :(

And beside the time to fully recharge a tower of battery, there's also the problem of each battery that will recharge the one or two others connected. This may cause side effect bugs. ;)

id have the stacks because its way tidier than having a bunch of batteries spread out, and its not like your base most likely has a bunch of solar panels already on it so having one on top would just save space, and finally batteries don't charge each other because what would be the use if it just transferred power and even if this was the case the power wouldn't be going anywhere it would just all collect up.

20 hours ago, Gwido said:

No evidence that this will be a problem, the batteries don't currently demand charge, they store surplus, and supply to demanding systems, having multiple batteries on a single base would display symptoms if this if that were the case, but multiple batteries seem to charge and discharge properly at the moment.

people don't use power all the time, they are often exploring, so a large reservoir shouldn't change the dynamic much.

yes a single 2 port solar panel would take some time to charge a large tower, but bases often have multiple charge sources, not to mention that enormous crashed solar panel.

Meh. Maybe if it could be limited to two high + a solar panel. Even then , I'm not convinced it adds more that it takes from the game.

On 20 January 2017 at 1:52 AM, WhosTog said:

Meh. Maybe if it could be limited to two high + a solar panel. Even then , I'm not convinced it adds more that it takes from the game.

I wonder how high a stack of batteries could go ;).    *challenge mode engaged*