I-FRED5

Can't join friend in multiplayer??

Can't seem to join my friend when they're in a game. I have tried both clicking join game and being invited by them. All it does is take me to a loading screen and then to the home screen, where if I click join I just start a new single player world. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I had some problems with this when I was first trying to join my friend. I don't remember exactly how I solved it, but I remember that it is important to close out of the game before you try to join. Sorry I don't have more advice.

Same thing today. On Steam. He was in the menu, I was in my game. Both him joining or me inviting him had no effect. He was always starting a solo player game. 

Having this exact problem as well on Xbox, really gets on my nerves especially since I've played multiplayer twice before. Both i and the player I'm trying to join have each other as friends as well.

Ok , to join a friend (must be on friends list) you need to join from the dashboard by selecting their name and join game ,the game will launch and take you to character select , pick your Astroneer and launch your pod , if your game puts you into singleplayer then both will either need to restart/re-launch the game then the guest must return to the dashboard(closing/quitting the game) and then join from friends list, this may take a few attempts to get it to work ,sometimes the "join game" option won't be highlighted therefore the host will have to save and re-launch their game, now I have noticed that a few friends with network connections that are not the greatest they may lose connection and the host will have to re-launch once again ,if all else fails delete saves (from everywhere )under the manage game option, this may help as too many structures on the host's side may not let a guest connect ,I have tested this and it helps with some guests, hope this helps , I have an Xbox club called "Astroneer Multiplayer Friends" , open for anyone to join and find others to share the experience of this awesome game , good luck on your adventures .

I just tried all of the things you've listed but nothing is working. We have 2 xones but we are game/gold sharing on both. Every time we try to join game it doesn't work. Do both parties need to own the game for this to work?  Please help

17 hours ago, Kalysto OfAries said:

Do both parties need to own the game for this to work?  Please help

Wait, I am confused. What exactly are you trying where only 1 party owns the game but 2 are playing? Not quite sure how that works...but whatever it is, I am certain both of you need an own account with an own copy of the game to make it work.
Though, I am not using Microsofts game platforms, so I may be missing something there.

@Wyvyrias The Xbox one allows you to 'homeshare' with a friend.. my cousin and i have our xbox ones linked to eachother and this allows us to share games, for instance i myself bought Astroneer so he also has it downloaded on his xbox , and that works with any digitally downloaded games only not disc's,  and @Kalysto OfAries it really shouldn't be an issue that its homeshared , every game my cousin n i homeshare allows us to play multiplayer, but im not 100% sure 

Edited by Buzzlightyear87

Not having any luck joining Multiplayer sessions running windows version, have tried over and over with different people being the host, there are three of us, high end PC's, always getting the message Failed To Join: Could No Find Game session (or something similar).

Have had a friend join a game before, but this only lasted 10min. 

Such a shame as its a lovely game...

+1 from my friend and me trying to join each other, other ones owning the game dont have Problem joining me or I them tho... , also worked ~3 days and stopped working 3-4 days ago.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:48 PM, xEVOLUTIONxNZx said:

I have an Xbox club called "Astroneer Multiplayer Friends" , open for anyone to join

I am using a PC with Win10, I opened the Xbox application and searched in the Clubs section for  "Astroneer Multiplayer Friends", but didn't find it.

Does it still exist?

Same issue here. Failed to join: Session not found.

It'd be nice if System Era actually responded to all of us having game-breaking issues.

26 minutes ago, Kevin Paul said:

Same issue here. Failed to join: Session not found.

It'd be nice if System Era actually responded to all of us having game-breaking issues.

To be fair, in pretty much all cases this is an issue with the firewall or router of either side (otherwise it wouldn't be working for anyone). And it's impossible for anyone but the people involved to solve that.
Although the game eventually may get some functions that allow it to bypass such issues...probably.

2 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

To be fair, in pretty much all cases this is an issue with the firewall or router of either side (otherwise it wouldn't be working for anyone). And it's impossible for anyone but the people involved to solve that.
Although the game eventually may get some functions that allow it to bypass such issues...probably.

Both I and my friend have Astroneer in windows firewall as an exception.

And I mean it'd be nice if the Dev Team released some sort of guide to multiplayer since it's pretty vague right now on how to get it working, much less troubleshooting.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Paul said:

Both I and my friend have Astroneer in windows firewall as an exception.

And I mean it'd be nice if the Dev Team released some sort of guide to multiplayer since it's pretty vague right now on how to get it working, much less troubleshooting.

But apparently the Windows firewall isn't the issue in your case. It could be an issue specific to your or his router. Well, sometimes it also could be the anti-virus program.

I'll try to probe into it a bit and see if they actually know anything about it, though I doubt it's an issue on the game side, otherwise they would have fixed it long ago.