Sign in to follow this  
Vin The Butcher

Edit Option

Requesting an edit option or actually change to the current forum edit option to unlimited time.

The current edit option lets you edit your thread/reply within a short time.

Un-limiting the time to use the edit option will benefit everyone, from editing the OP instead of filling a thread with multiple replies, to correcting errors.

They expressed a limit helps keep people from back-editing old threads to change their meaning and content greatly, which creates confusion and mayhem etc.

I think only extending the edit time a bit more than a few minutes would help. Most edits for errors happen within a short window. Anything beyond, its just too late to bother, as the internetz have taken hold of the info by then ;)

50 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

They expressed a limit helps keep people from back-editing old threads to change their meaning and content greatly, which creates confusion and mayhem etc.

Exactly.

I'd say extending the time-window to "unlimited but until a new post hits" would be fine, but then again, just double check your post and there's no need to edit it to begin with.
If you created a thread with something like a list of bugs or anything and need something changed later, feel free to PM me about that. I can edit it for you.