Grimhof

A good way to incorperate Hunger

On the backpack, below the top left connection on the side, add a spot to put Organics in. Your character would then eat that as food over time

Do you know if plants regenerate/grow back? If they don't then it's going to be a huge hassle. Also, there are various places where plants don't grow.

I like your idea since it's very simplistic and you thought of it so that it doesn't do much trouble though.

God I dread the inclusion of hunger in this game. Why do survival games so full of things to kill me feel the need to starve me also? Perhaps System Era will do some ground breaking and entertaining? One can hope...

Well indeed it is something that I also would not like, but maybe a compromise is needed for the people that do. This would be reached by making hunger barely noticeable, but enough so that survivalists can thrive in the feeling of it.

Then again, the key of marketing is to target a specific audience and not being too broad, so I wouldn't know what the devs want.

Hunger systems are on the Dev's roadmap, but honestly I wouldn't notice if they never implemented it.  I'm strongly in favor of oxygen farming and between that and energy that's probably enough bars to maintain.  Though, if properly implemented ( @Cardinal "barely noticeable" or something that gives temporary buffs rather than starvation penalties ) it wouldn't be a detriment either.

Food and hunger do not just have to be about not staving to death.  In survival starvation is a good ball to add to the juggling act of staying alive but there are also many games that give benefits or buffs from eating. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal said:

Do you know if plants regenerate/grow back? If they don't then it's going to be a huge hassle. Also, there are various places where plants don't grow.

Yes. And farming is on the roadmap